[2.4] Crit Chin Sol BR Traps - T15/Atziri/Uber Lab/Pale Court on 25c budget! Uber Atziri on 6-L

"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
Hey danteis,

Really cool build - thanks for sharing! Chin Sol is a really great item which got some glory in the past in a Crit/DoT Trapper build back in 1.3 were elemental proliferation was very popular.
Your build takes the base concept to another level with the new tools we have got since then.

JNF's build also looks really nice but taking the physical route to through poison into to mix for more Single target. 5.2k life is better than 4.2k for sure, Blasphemy Enfeeble is also great.

While both of your builds are great i think most players would prefer something less fragile if they want to play more reckless or even play hardcore with such a setup.

I have messed around a little bit with your ideas and came upt with a skilltree i wanted to share (keep in mind i filled out all the points up to level 100 on purpose to offer the full spectrum for anyone who wanted to progress this far - a lvl 90 skill tree can be easily made up by just skipping some of the crit multi nodes/aura nodes/jewel socket/damage - you choice; it won't affect the build that much in the end):

Going for life based won't take you far i recognized - so i decided to go CI (Chaos Innoculation) to garantee efficient pathing. (Mana nodes can be skipped with good gear). You can use Grace or Hatred on top of Discipline and Clarity as you prefer more damage or more surviability.

Since this is a trapper CI build Soulstrike is a awsome addition to this builds playstyle. Soulstrike + Evasion/Grace + Faster Energy Shield recharge rate grants you a lot of survivability on top of a 8.5-9k health pool with decent gear/~10k with really good gear.

Saboteur is a really bad Ascendancy class atm which is only played because of chain reaction - by stacking trap trigger radius you can forgo Saboteur and pick another Ascendancy class which provides much more to the build:

Assassin:
for softcore for maxed crit chance and insane multi, in 2.3 even Noxious Strike can be taken in addition to that with 8 points available.

Trickster/Occultist
for hardcore for more survivability. Trickster provides good defences and synergizes very will with Soul Strike. Occultist also synergizes with Soul Strike but has a higher focus on curses instead of evasion/dodge.

So it's just a matter of preference in the end.

I might try out this build in the new leagues at some point of time but i would not pick it as a starter because of beeing CI (you depend on getting some decent ES gear which might not be easy in the first days of a new league)

Hey man! Glad you like the build. I totally agree that CI would likely result in a better build, but all I was really going for was budget when coming up with it and CI, as you said, is difficult to start a league off with. As I said to JNF as well, with some better gear I can get >5k and with a higher belly that goes up to about 5300 with no skill-tree changes at all so there's definitely room to grow defense-wise as you gain currency, but I think the build as is is a pretty decent starting point and can safely do up to T12 maps with no huge risk of death which is nice to start a league off with.

I also have been told about the ascendancy thing twice now and I totally agree. I think it would do better as another ascendancy class. Thanks for that tip! I'm gonna play this league out as is and when we see the ascendancy changes for Prophecy, make my choice then. Hopefully Saboteur gets some love, but if not then I'll be running another class as you said.
"
Danteis wrote:

Nice build dude! The extra health is definitely a huge bonus. It is of note though that my build can get above 5k with more investment. I was just trying to see how far it could go on a small budget. Swapping out jewels with life jewels, and getting 20-30 more life on all my rares (one ring has no life at all) would put me at about 5,100.

Thanks, I had been considering sharing it, but I've been tied down with work here lately and haven't had much time to post or play the game. I like the idea of using the Deerstalkers to level initially with traps, but I think you agree that using Atziri's step is a lot more viable in end game (they're dirt cheap after only a week or two into the league anyways) seeing as I just looked at your character and you have them equipped now yourself, but Deerstalkers are a fine way of getting a pseudo 5L early on in a league. I also noticed that you're now using your 6L for your Blast Rain links. Why are you using the Point Blank gem in your links though? I'm pretty certain it does not stack with the 'Point Blank' node in the tree, unlike the Chin Sol itself. How do you intend to pick up 1k more life without sacrificing some damage in your tree? You're already using a Belly. Not a criticism there, but rather genuinely curious as I played around with my tree and gear quite a lot before settling on what I shared in my previous post.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on May 23, 2016, 12:26:08 PM
"
JNF wrote:
"
Danteis wrote:

Nice build dude! The extra health is definitely a huge bonus. It is of note though that my build can get above 5k with more investment. I was just trying to see how far it could go on a small budget. Swapping out jewels with life jewels, and getting 20-30 more life on all my rares (one ring has no life at all) would put me at about 5,100.

Thanks, I had been considering sharing it, but I've been tied down with work here lately and haven't had much time to post or play the game. I like the idea of using the Deerstalkers to level initially with traps, but I think you agree that using Atziri's step is a lot more viable in end game (they're dirt cheap after only a week or two into the league anyways) seeing as I just looked at your character and you have them equipped now yourself, but Deerstalkers are a fine way of getting a pseudo 5L early on in a league. I also noticed that you're now using your 6L for your Blast Rain links. Why are you using the Point Blank gem in your links though? I'm pretty certain it does not stack with the 'Point Blank' node in the tree, unlike the Chin Sol itself. How do you intend to pick up 1k more life without sacrificing some damage in your tree? You're already using a Belly. Not a criticism there, but rather genuinely curious as I played around with my tree and gear quite a lot before settling on what I shared in my previous post.

Yep I would upgrade to Atziri's step as soon as you get a 5-link, but switching over to that 5-link is the expensive part, not the Atziri's step itself. I'm using the Point Blank gem because I'm really stupid and actually didn't realize they don't stack. Thanks for letting me know! I popped in Trap and Mine damage now and the damage exploded even higher.

With respect to the life, What I've done now for instance is swap out pure damage jewels for jewels with life and some damage, bringing me to ~4700. Getting a higher roll belly (mine is very low with 32%) and life on the ring without life and ~30-35 more on the amulet (this will result in some damage loss that has been offset by finally levelling my lvl 19 herald and wrath to 20), I'll be at about 5200.
"
Hey nice build. I might roll something similar to this for 2.3. Will the damage still be enough if I go non-crit?

Hey, thanks man!

I've seen a few blast rain trap builds that didn't go crit and it didn't seem to do near the amount of damage this throws down with the same budget. It's also hugely beneficial to have crit because we are pretty much constantly igniting, freezing, and shocking everything we hit which is a large part of why the build can throw down one set of traps and kill everything as the shocks applied from the first hits of blast rain will make the rest of the hits do even more damage.

I'm going to be posting a new video tomorrow about Prophecy changes and how the build scales into a 5-l and 6-l. I'm at ~5320 hp now using a 5-link so as you gain budget the defense goes up tremendously as well.

Let me know if you have any more questions and best of luck!
I used to enjoy playing Chin Sol trapper so much (look at my signature), with the nerf of Ele Prof make Burning Arrow trap less viable and Crit Puncture trap are not the best things after nerf anymore this seem like the next best thing, nice build. :)
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
"
surVfate wrote:
I used to enjoy playing Chin Sol trapper so much (look at my signature), with the nerf of Ele Prof make Burning Arrow trap less viable and Crit Puncture trap are not the best things after nerf anymore this seem like the next best thing, nice build. :)

Thanks for the kind words! Really appreciate it. 6-Link progression update coming in just a few hours!
6-Link updates up! Twinned abyss, twinned colosseum, uber atziri down.
Hi there

can i level this char with fire trap + some ascendancy points and trap nodes in the tree ??

also these videos are some crazy shit :D

well done
Last edited by LiberAlley on Jun 3, 2016, 11:51:45 AM
"
LiberAlley wrote:
Hi there

can i level this char with fire trap + some ascendancy points and trap nodes in the tree ??

also these videos are some crazy shit :D

well done

Hey! Thanks for the support, appreciate it!

I definitely think levelling with traps is doable. In fact I'm likely doing that myself this time around. I may be going with firestorm traps instead though depending on what happens. I'd just grab the trap damage nodes and life and end with the bow nodes as you spec into chin Sol.

The critting using say a storm cloud and blast rain to level works very well too and thats what I did originally.

Thanks again and if you have any other questions let me know:)
Last edited by Baldersh on Jun 3, 2016, 3:38:57 PM
Nice build!

Have you tried mine + minefield for some increased aoe?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info