Skill Reveal - Lacerate

Awesome! This will be a great alternative to Cleave for my Gladiator Duelist!
Cool skill, but I don't really like the graphic; it just doesn't say "lacerate" to me.

Lacerate means to rip, tear, or make deep cuts, and is generally associated with causing bleeding in most games in games, while the animation of this skill seems to create force waves which travel ahead of the actual sword swing.

Again, I'm not saying it's a bad skill, I just don't think the name matches the graphic.
Like many others I expected this skill to cause bleeding or at least have a chance to cause bleeding
another thing, the sound of the hits does not fit the look of the skill at all
to me it sounds like it's the same sound used for the standard attacks with a wooden maul
you'd expect a whooshing or slashing sound, like that of a thin cane whipped through air
Last edited by ZekwaldIX on May 19, 2016, 9:31:27 PM
thing is bleed doesnt stack right? So the last thing u want to do with bleed is a lower damage, more hits per sec type skill like this, mechanically speaking. The flavour is certainly there to support it but the mechanics do not have a great synergy.
Too bad all the good AOE nodes are far away in the Templar and Witch tree's.
Looks like there is some internal Cooldown on it, as it was not being Spammed.

If so, I'm kinda Meh on it. It not, and we can stack Atk speed and faster attack to go nuts, might be worthwhile
Just saw the gem description on the main page for the Prophecy league. 30% less attack speed at level 1, yikes. Just to get the attack speed back to base would require roughly 45% increased attack speed just to make it go back to the original weapon speed. I hope when it levels and/or quality you get some more attack speed because you might as well use Cleave since Cleave does not give you a negative to attack speed and at 20% quality will give you 10% increased attack speed. Throw in the 20/20 Faster Attack gem for another 54% faster attack.

I suppose it could be a good offset for the range aspect of it though. We shall see. It does have the same tags Cleave (Attack, Melee, AoE.)
"
CyBeas7 wrote:
Wait, there are some (bad) AoE nodes in duelist territory?? Where?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
CyBeas7 wrote:

Who says you can't use the skill as a witch or templar?
aylmao
I W I N GG
กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info