~
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on May 19, 2016, 7:39:26 AM
Nice gem, thx

"
Barivius wrote:
Lacerate sounds like a skill that would have a chance to cause bleeding.

Maybe add a boost for chance to bleed, increasing an already existing chance to bleed from passives. I think that would be a good compromise if they don't want to add an outright chance to bleed to Lacerate. At least it'd add some flavour.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Really cool Skill Gem, I would love to see the synergy between dual wielding 3 White Socketed Prismatic Eclipse + some nice boosts to Melee Range. Kamaitachi anyone ? haha

- Kinda Off-Topic -
GGG, I'm a bit worried about how are you guys adding similar (but better versions) from old skills. Like Sunder and Earthquake being 2 better/separated versions from Ground Slam and Lacerate being the 'evolution' of Cleave or Reave. I mean, of course they're not the SAME skills, but they're very similar in mechanics, so I have to ask, are you guys planning to create some other uses to old skills ? My concern is that people will prefer to use those new skills over the old ones, like Lacerate being more used than Cleave because they're similar, but the new one seems better because it needs less investment in points or support gems (just an example) and can deal more damage, or hit more enemies, the mechanic alone makes it better for clear speed. So what are the GGG thoughts about this concern ?

Btw, I loved the Frostbolt skill. That's the kind of skill i'm looking for, skills that can be combo'ed with another ones are really interesting and original for this game =)

Hugs! Hype for 2.3 =)
Dream with me !
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
Hmm, so it does less damage than Cleave, but it overlaps in the middle... but why should i use this over Reave again?
Reave covers more area and looks very similar (doesn't work with axes but ok, not a big drawback) - Reave can also extend to hit almost 3/4 of the entire screen if needed and has nice single target too by doing that.

Without an additional effect like bleeding on hit or "maim" (an enhanced version of it) i don't see any point in using this skill over Reave.

It is the same scenario again, like it was in the past with Sweep and Icecrash. You can build a tree specificly around Sweep and do everything in your mind to augment it --> you did 20% more damage and had better clearspeed with the same setup when just switching out the Sweep gem with an Icecrash gem without any drawback or important mechanic lost.
Same thing happend again if we take the Icecrash --> Earthquake scenario in 2.2. Earthquake outshines every other melee AoE skill which is build in a similar fashion.

So basicaly there are 2 melee skills out there which dominate every other melee skill because of damage scaling and, more important, mechanics: Earthquake and Reave

If we look at purly single target options it is clear that Dualstrike and Molten Strike will outperform Lacerate by miles due to eiter pure damage scaling (Dual Strike) or mechanics (Molten Strike).

I just don't see a place for it in the current game, sadly :(

GGG... QUIT... adding... new... skills. Almost every skill you have added over the last year has either obsoleted an existing skill or brought nothing new to the table. The current skill redundancy in this game is ridiculous. Even worse is designing a build for skill X, making it the best it can be via supports, skill tree, and items, and then by doing nothing more than swapping a single gem, swapping out skill X for skill Y, having your DPS and survivability skyrocket.

While you may call this "an ongoing goal to provide varied choices to different classes while leveling", I call it a waste of development time. If you want to realize your goal of providing varied skill choices, then remove the skill redundancy and properly balance the remaining skills, so that we can actually have a choice.
Looks like Drizzt made his way to Wraeclast.

Looks awesome.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
It's a new skill, obviously it will have a skill effect replacement ($$$$$$$)

Cleave already have its replacement!

I agree that they seem to be very similar, but only playing to know ...
Oh cool, a reave skin! I love reave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info