Mathvil vlog : Chaos damage

"
Personal opinion is that they keep reflect, but give more incentive to run it, like much higher IQ and IR bonuses, or even packsize. That way players who run defensive, slower clearing builds capable of doing reflect maps are rewarded, while giving other players more of a reason to try doing reflect maps instead of rerolling.

You mean more of a reason to run chaos, summoner, trap/mine and totem builds? :3
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
Personal opinion is that they keep reflect, but give more incentive to run it, like much higher IQ and IR bonuses, or even packsize. That way players who run defensive, slower clearing builds capable of doing reflect maps are rewarded, while giving other players more of a reason to try doing reflect maps instead of rerolling.

You mean more of a reason to run chaos, summoner, trap/mine and totem builds? :3

I like how you ignored the second half of my post where I mention how chaos needs to be rebalanced, but basically yes. Give people more reasons to run summoner, trap/mine and totem builds. None of them are particularly common at high levels. All those builds suffer from the same issue of having to cast "minions" to do damage, which equates to slow(er) clear speed.
Didn't ignore it, I was just commenting on the first one. I'm not really disputing the second, it's just that changes to chaos are hypothetical at the moment so it's pointless to speculate.

About the other reflect immune builds - haven't played summoners but mines are a complete cookie cutter right now and clear speed is actually quite good. Not top-tier good but still good. They oneshot everything, which speeds things up a lot. You could make a high damage totem build which also clears well enough, I assume the same applies to traps and summoners. Not the fastest clearing builds but fast enough and they actually deal a lot of damage.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 19, 2016, 3:57:09 PM
edit: double post
Last edited by Bars on May 19, 2016, 3:55:05 PM
Reflect should not be removed as least as a rare mob affix.

Ridiculous amounts of elemental resist mods, EE, and most of all STATUS immunity needs to go 2 years ago.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"

I like how you ignored the second half of my post where I mention how chaos needs to be rebalanced, but basically yes. Give people more reasons to run summoner, trap/mine and totem builds. None of them are particularly common at high levels. All those builds suffer from the same issue of having to cast "minions" to do damage, which equates to slow(er) clear speed.

But a change like that doesn't really change anything on the net level. Ok, you've incentivized ele players to absolutely bend over backwards to spend 20 minutes carefully tip toe-ing around clearing it for the extra rewards.

You've also incentivized the entire population to play chaos builds, because it's added 0 minutes and 0 seconds to their clear time, and a bonus whatever % IIQ for FREE as far as they're concerned.

That was Bars' point. (Correct me if I'm wrong).
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:26:12 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
This is the thing, the effect of reflect in practice is how many chaos does it cost your build to never run it, it doesnt actually make playing the game harder for you because you never play reflect maps, it just removes some of your currency. Is that something really meaningful and positive? No, it really isnt when you think about it.
reflect, the old reflect, in practice was something that both made you cap your DPS and make some tough choices. when people were building a high dps build in 2013 or 2014, it was always a question of 'how are you mitigating reflect' ?

but seeing how the game is moving to the 'just have billion of deeps' and 'have all these items' stage, they'll probably remove it altogether.
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
Sources of chaos damage conversion are being reduced across the board.

Looks like they went for the fix that would hurt the OP conversion builds without crippling regular chaos builds. Did anyone stock up on Voltaxics?

About 15 of them lol granted they could retro it but that shit's going to be like consuming dark I already know.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Bataille wrote:
"
One of the things I have disliked about post-2.0 is the overloading of the "More" multiplier on all of the Support Gems, which indirectly affects how well Chaos can be scaled. Nowadays, you stack a shitload of multipliers and you have your DPS, something that in the past you needed to have well-tuned gear or make sacrifices to obtain.

this. equipping voltaxic has no opportunity cost anymore. the "increased" spell damage/cast speed/etc. you could get from wand & shield or dual wands just doesn't make that much of a difference anymore when you're stacking "more" damage in every support gem.

There is no difference in having "more" damage or "increased" damage... it only matters once you have both stacking. Dunno how this helps the discussion. But I felt like posting this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info