[2.5] Riff Raff v. 2.0 - under 1ex Blade Flurry RT DoT Gladiator

"
Hello, I've been doing your build in prophecy and wanted to hear out your thoughts about eventually switching out the BoR for a heretics veil, and using the new Cospris Will unique along with Wyrmsign. That would get poison covered and youd only be losing out on the blind from BoR while boosting your survivabilty.

For auras youd run dual curse and arctic armor, or you could also add in HoF but that would mean needing a lvl 4 enlighten and taking Sovereignity node; possibly losing one or two jewel sockets.
I like your creativity, but I can't really see how this combination is supposed to boost this build. BoR gives you some fairly decent life, block, and some additional flat physical damage. It's also a very cheap alternative for a 6-link. You'd be sacrificing both your defense (life, block) and offense (flat phys, links, attack speed from Snakebite, HoA) only so you could run a 2nd curse that doesn't really give you anything (Temp Chains is only useful against bosses, and life + block are a much better option than Enfeeble).
"
hegsbro wrote:
Whats the best way to level as this?
There's a detailed levling guide in the opening post, you should check it out!
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
What do you think about using Brute Force Solutions unique jewel to relieve some int requirements?

Also, what about Bino offhand? Put Rive in main hand so your first attack always bleeds?
IGN: EmptyPalms
"
EmptyPalms wrote:
What do you think about using Brute Force Solutions unique jewel to relieve some int requirements?

Also, what about Bino offhand? Put Rive in main hand so your first attack always bleeds?
Getting this specific unique jewel can be a good alternative. If you get a 22+ INT roll and put in the socket between Jaggernaut and Barbarism you'd get the required 156 INT. It'd make it easier to cap your resistances and get decent physical rolls on your jewelry.

Getting Bino's doesn't make much sense though. It has comparable DPS to Rive and doesn't have any decent global mods to offer for this build.
"
Weißenberg wrote:
"
Hello, I've been doing your build in prophecy and wanted to hear out your thoughts about eventually switching out the BoR for a heretics veil, and using the new Cospris Will unique along with Wyrmsign. That would get poison covered and youd only be losing out on the blind from BoR while boosting your survivabilty.

For auras youd run dual curse and arctic armor, or you could also add in HoF but that would mean needing a lvl 4 enlighten and taking Sovereignity node; possibly losing one or two jewel sockets.
I like your creativity, but I can't really see how this combination is supposed to boost this build. BoR gives you some fairly decent life, block, and some additional flat physical damage. It's also a very cheap alternative for a 6-link. You'd be sacrificing both your defense (life, block) and offense (flat phys, links, attack speed from Snakebite, HoA) only so you could run a 2nd curse that doesn't really give you anything (Temp Chains is only useful against bosses, and life + block are a much better option than Enfeeble).

You could still run HoA with enlighten lvl 4 and youd get damage and defense with wyrmsigns or even the new veruso's gloves. The only problem would be the lose in block which really does hurt the build a lot. What i was thinking was going Temp Chains as a substitute for singularity and instead using a shield to make up for block chance lost from BoR. I can see Lioneyes remorse, great old ones ward and redblade banner all working pretty well.
"
You could still run HoA with enlighten lvl 4 and youd get damage and defense with wyrmsigns or even the new veruso's gloves. The only problem would be the lose in block which really does hurt the build a lot. What i was thinking was going Temp Chains as a substitute for singularity and instead using a shield to make up for block chance lost from BoR. I can see Lioneyes remorse, great old ones ward and redblade banner all working pretty well.
Enlighten lvl 4 is usually only required for high-end (currency heavy) builds. Why? Because it takes an insane amount of commitment, luck and/or currency to get it. You can get it up to level 3 all by yourself, but it usually takes multiple characters to do so. If you'd start leveling Reave and Enlighten at the same time, your Reave would go from level 1 to 20 four times and your Englighten still wouldn't get to level 3. Another option are the Enlightened divination cards, but farming them takes probably even longer than leveling the gem by yourself. Well, you could always buy a set, but it wouldn't come cheap. And once you've done all the work to get your Enlighten to level 3, you'd have to corrupt it, because that's the only way to get it to level 4. In case you don't want to go through all this stuff, you can go ahead and buy a set of the Wealth and Power cards... it only takes around 10-11ex.

Now defenses. Your primary source of defense is your life. BoR gives you 160. Snakebite gives you 70. So, that's 230 flat life. Add your modifier, and you're down 620-650 life, which means you're gonna get below 5,000 at level 90. Veil, Cospri's and Veruso's don't have any life, so you can't compensate your HP loss with any of these items.

You're using Singularity mostly for additional [increased %] damage; hinder is a secondary feature that doesn't really do anything. Hence you can replace Singularity with Relentless Fury (which comes down to swapping one source of offense for another), but you can't replace it with Temporal Chains.

Using 1h + shield instead of DW means lowering your DPS by one third if you'd run Great Old One's and probably by much more if you were using some other shield. I tested it and to be absolutely sure calculated it. You can't use Redblade Banner, because it was a Warbands league specific item. You can't even chance it through Zana mod, because she doesn't offer Warbands in 2.3.
Last edited by Weißenberg on Jun 7, 2016, 5:59:16 PM
"
Weißenberg wrote:
Enlighten lvl 4 is usually only required for high-end (currency heavy) builds. Why? Because it takes an insane amount of commitment, luck and/or currency to get it. You can get it up to level 3 all by yourself, but it usually takes multiple characters to do so. If you'd start leveling Reave and Enlighten at the same time, your Reave would go from level 1 to 20 four times and your Englighten still wouldn't get to level 3. Another option are the Enlightened divination cards, but farming them takes probably even longer than leveling the gem by yourself. Well, you could always buy a set, but it wouldn't come cheap. And once you've done all the work to get your Enlighten to level 3, you'd have to corrupt it, because that's the only way to get it to level 4. In case you don't want to go through all this stuff, you can go ahead and buy a set of the Wealth and Power cards... it only takes around 10-11ex.

Now defenses. Your primary source of defense is your life. BoR gives you 160. Snakebite gives you 70. So, that's 230 flat life. Add your modifier, and you're down 620-650 life, which means you're gonna get below 5,000 at level 90. Veil, Cospri's and Veruso's don't have any life, so you can't compensate your HP loss with any of these items.

You're using Singularity mostly for additional [increased %] damage; hinder is a secondary feature that doesn't really do anything. Hence you can replace Singularity with Relentless Fury (which comes down to swapping one source of offense for another), but you can't replace it with Temporal Chains.

Using 1h + shield instead of DW means lowering your DPS by one third if you'd run Great Old One's and probably by much more if you were using some other shield. I tested it and to be absolutely sure calculated it. You can't use Redblade Banner, because it was a Warbands league specific item. You can't even chance it through Zana mod, because she doesn't offer Warbands in 2.3.

I dont really care about price, the questions im asking are for lvl 90+, ik that enlighten 4 and cospris are very highly priced; but I feel like BoR would make me too squishy for endgame maps. Do you think that running AA, HoA, and Vulnerability aura with curse on hit would work? Using warlords mark on hit instead of enduring cry for e-charge generation and extra leech and using a soul taker (for damage) in off hand. This would enable the use of a rare helmet which, along with wyrmsigns would make up for the HP lost from BoR while also making resistances easier to cap. This would also potentially open up a jewellery spot for something like The Anvil or Feastbind

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAQHcA4cFLQaLCVgKJg2NEdUS4RQgFHEUdRXsGNsbrSDjIWAj9igqKaUuUzGeMgk1kjrhQzFHfkp9TP9Nkk3jTipQR1T-V5daGluvXz9f2mBBY3BlTWeAaGVsRmzYbbRvO3JsdO108Xasd-N4DXloexR82YIHhNmE74VSh3aK8ItPj2CQCpHOlLiVZpXMl3mbLZtqouqjiqZXqAepbq2NtfK5HbvtvTa95r54vqfAGsEEwYvDM8qQz37Tb9N-0_zWWNi92WHZfNrB26fjn-RR6UbqGO0_7g7vDu968kXz3fcy-Ov5Y_zF_gr-jw==

The tree would look like that at level 90 if you were to take the passive point from bandits in cruel instead of aiding oak.
Last edited by Cats_Eat_Tacos on Jun 7, 2016, 8:44:22 PM
"
I dont really care about price, the questions im asking are for lvl 90+, ik that enlighten 4 and cospris are very highly priced; but I feel like BoR would make me too squishy for endgame maps. Do you think that running AA, HoA, and Vulnerability aura with curse on hit would work? Using warlords mark on hit instead of enduring cry for e-charge generation and extra leech and using a soul taker (for damage) in off hand. This would enable the use of a rare helmet which, along with wyrmsigns would make up for the HP lost from BoR while also making resistances easier to cap. This would also potentially open up a jewellery spot for something like The Anvil or Feastbind.

[...]The tree would look like that at level 90 if you were to take the passive point from bandits in cruel instead of aiding oak.
BoR is much more defensive that any idea you've come up with this far. Life is your primary source of defense for this build with block coming second. Then you have e-charges, AA and Fortify as your third defensive layer. Armor comes dead last as it requires some insane scaling to be effective. I ran T13 maps with this build and it felt tanky enough. Can I ask you to elaborate how Veil, Cospri's and Wyrm are supposed to be a more effective defensive comination that BoR with Snakebite?

It's okay if you don't care about currency, at least if you spend it in a reasonable fashion. But this build is intended to be a fairly cheap (<1ex) starter that will easily carry you to level 90. Can you play it beyond level 90? Yes, I personally leveled it to 92 in Perandus and could probably go on to 93-94 had the league not ended. After the merger I used some books of regression for various reasons, so this guy's now back to 90.

You can't run Vulnerability with CoH unless you corrupt you Snakebite. You don't need Warlord's Mark for leech as it's probably capped with the sources you have now. I feel quite comfortable with casting Enduring Cry and from my experience people who actually tried it post 2.0 don't complain about e-charge generation it grants.

Soul Taker doesn't give you any damage. Its damage modifiers are local and don't apply to your main hand. Reave can be only used with claws, daggers and swords, so Soul Taker would be nothing else than a stat stick... except it doesn't offer any stats.
Last edited by Weißenberg on Jun 8, 2016, 5:32:58 AM
Last edited by Cats_Eat_Tacos on Jun 9, 2016, 2:32:22 PM
I've been using this build so far in Prophecy, and it's working great. I was wondering, with the new Voidheart ring, would it be good to replace Snakebite? Also, would that come with a possible alternative to Rive? If so, what items could you use alternatively if you were to have Voidheart?
"
moocow87 wrote:
I've been using this build so far in Prophecy, and it's working great. I was wondering, with the new Voidheart ring, would it be good to replace Snakebite? Also, would that come with a possible alternative to Rive? If so, what items could you use alternatively if you were to have Voidheart?
Voidheart definitely caught my attention, but so far the cheapest one I found in PSC was 1.4ex which exceeds the overall cost of this build. What you could possibly do is, swap out Rive for Breath of the Council, Singularity for RRR Prismatic Eclipse, and Snakebite for a rare pair of gloves with resistances. This way you could use Earthquake linked with Less Duration, Rapid Decay, and Increased AoE. It'd be much more expensive than the current Rive Reave spec though. I'm going to try to gear up my Prophecy character with less than 20c, so far I've spent 1c on a 250 pdps Rive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info