[2.5] Riff Raff v. 2.0 - under 1ex Blade Flurry RT DoT Gladiator

"
Perdulkin wrote:
Finally i did it. The most difficult thing was not getting lots of chaos orbs as i thought, but getting 113+ int. Gladiators are kinda stupid :) Though im not impressed with damage, but survivability makes me feel good for now. Hope Doon scepter will improve my dps for a lot.
Doon will definitely improve your damage as its damage modifiers apply to all sources of damage you're dealing and at all ranges (Singularity doesn't cover half the AoE of Blade Flurry). Also, I don't know what kind of gear you're using. What's the DPS on your Rive? (mine is 246.5) Do you have physical damage on jewelry? Are you using a Rustic Sash? How many jewels do you have? What level are your gems? People need to remember that attack builds are heavily gear dependent, especially those without a single massive damage output like this one (that's why we're double deeping as much as possible). Also, it's day 6, the economy hasn't settled yet, and it's definitely worse than what it used to be (compare the prices of gear in 2.2-2.4 upon which I based tha <1ex estimate to those of today, Lion's Roar is 40c+, because a certain popular streamer used it in his guide, and we're screwed). But, and this is important, we're still better off than people following some other guides. Bino's is at least 2.1ex right now (120c+).
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
Last edited by Weißenberg on Dec 8, 2016, 6:41:27 AM
Weißenberg,

Got lucky to find my BoR. 0 jewels now, cause what i have not worth using. What about flasks, i prefer Basalt flask and Atziri's, last one either rumi's or just quicksilver. I also haven't tried vaal lightning trap, is that so cool? What about vaal grace or haste? By the way, cwdt setup in your guide usable? Seems to me that enduring cry looks better.
PS
4300 hp now
54% phys res
70%+ ele res, -60 chaos
Bf avg dmg 780, 0,23 atk spd
Last edited by Perdulkin on Dec 8, 2016, 7:08:26 AM
Yeah, your BoR is indeed close to perfect! (you're only 3 life, and 10% armor/evasion off!) But, here's the problem, you don't have flat physical on rings, amulet, and gloves. You don't have the attack speed enchant on your boots, or quality on your gems. You don't have any jewels (you can buy blue jewels with increased damage and increased physical damage for 1 fusing each until you get better ones). I assume you don't have your endgame labyrinth points either (I need to grab them too, will probably do it this afternoon). And obviously, you don't have Doon yet. My damage is 1,640 with 0,16 attack time (AoE, without flasks and totem).
Is Vaal LT good? It makes mobs take 50% increased damage, which means that whatever damage you deal is at the very end multiplied by 1.50, which means higher melee damage, which translates into higher bleed and poison, that then are multplied by 1.50 as well. It's awesome for single target. CwDT is usable once you finish endgame labyrinth and can generate charges from your ascendancy.
tried a beachlord today, he raped me.
not enough dmg by far and wrecked me over.
gonna go cry now.
"
skjutengris wrote:
tried a beachlord today, he raped me.
not enough dmg by far and wrecked me over.
gonna go cry now.
And I assume you're trying to imply it's the build's/mine fault and not your individual gear selection and playstyle shortcomings? Because so far I haven't had any problems with the build, did uber lab and Atziri earlier today. I don't know how much more powerful beachlords are in their domains, but I've had Xoph multiple times in T9-11 maps it was doable.

edit: I was intrigued, so as soon as I leveled up I did Xoph... insanely easy. I can't speak of other beachlords, but Xoph was pure facetank.
Last edited by Weißenberg on Dec 8, 2016, 6:12:09 PM
have you considered arctic armor instead of grace? for lab grace is prolly better but for normal mapping bosses and stuff i think arctic armour might give a tad bit more phys dmg reduction.

also im thinking of running arcritc armour + double blasphemy vuln + warlords mark.
what helmet should i use with a 6link chest?
also what are the optimal links with a 6l chest.
"
SambaBrazil wrote:
have you considered arctic armor instead of grace? for lab grace is prolly better but for normal mapping bosses and stuff i think arctic armour might give a tad bit more phys dmg reduction.

also im thinking of running arcritc armour + double blasphemy vuln + warlords mark.
AA requires you to be stationary in order to apply the physical reduction, and considering that kiting is the most effective way of avoiding damage I don't think AA would benefit you that much. Grace essentially doubles your armor from ~5,000 to 10,000 and it's great against waves of monsters. Both AA and Grace don't matter against bosses. It's simply how physical reduction works in PoE, people used to stack 30,000+ armor and would still get oneshot by powerful physical hits. Double curse doesn't make sense really. You already get 3.2% life leech from the claw and Blood Rage, you get mana leech from the tree, and generating those three e-charges when you're playing solo can easily be achieved with Outmatch & Outlast.
"
MrBrandy wrote:
what helmet should i use with a 6link chest?
also what are the optimal links with a 6l chest.
Probably some good rare, Nightmare Bascinets give you tons of additional armor (since you're going IR), so they're probably BiS. 6-link? Blade Flurry - Melee Phys - Faster Attacks - Poison - Cull - AoE/Conc, so basically the same links you get from BoR.
Hey, thanks for a great build.

It helped me return to Poe and enjoy the game.
I farmed about 10 ex, have almost no problems in t10-14 maps.

Last thing I want to kill guardians and Shaper, it's possible to transition this build to that activity with better items?

Anyway, truly thanks for a great build! Cheers.
"
Knotas wrote:
Hey, thanks for a great build.

It helped me return to Poe and enjoy the game.
I farmed about 10 ex, have almost no problems in t10-14 maps.

Last thing I want to kill guardians and Shaper, it's possible to transition this build to that activity with better items?

Anyway, truly thanks for a great build! Cheers.
I believe that with a proper investment you should be able to do Phoenix and maybe Hydra/Minotaur. I managed to kill Hydra on my 2nd attempt, but i was really close. Chimera is out of question, unfortunately.

On a side note, Esh's down, deathless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info