Skill Reveal - Frostbolt and Vortex

Nice
(🌸°__°)
Mirror service thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1743892
Slot 2 skills just to use one? Stop to fire a projectile then stop again to trigger it. Naw, that won't get you killed.
skills look ok, but overall...meh.

If the icebolt would release ice nova while it travel or there would be a way to somehow link it without the need for manual casting, that could be a nice skill.

not impressed
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Seems like a very slow playstyle. Neat skill though.
"
Miazga wrote:
skills look ok, but overall...meh.

If the icebolt would release ice nova while it travel or there would be a way to somehow link it without the need for manual casting, that could be a nice skill.

not impressed

Or while icebolt is travelling your ice nova spells now "instant cast" (like Guardian's warcries).

I also voting for reducing graphic components for vortex, too complicated and will destroy fps of wooden pc players.
Ha! spec throw coc gmp frost bolt, ice nova, vortex. fun times ahead.
This thing looks amazing! Now that's the nice Ice Skill I have been waiting for!
"
Entropher wrote:
how... How can you make ice nova or vortex appear at frost bolt location but can't do it with other skills?

Yea, that's what I was thinking ... sounds like a pretty interesting mechanic that could open up loads of possibilities if it generally worked with any skill. Balance issues, I suppose.

@synergy naysayers: look at Contagion/ED. Plenty people enjoy it. Don't use it if you don't like it. Choice.
Last edited by dyneol on May 12, 2016, 8:59:05 AM
Nice visuals but overall...

Shotgun prevention and "only nearest FB will be targeted" drain sense out from this skills.

But I've got good laught due imagination of melee counterpart of this :

"Gremlin Disk" - throwing slowly moving projectile will allow you to swing yours weapon not in yours location (becasue it brings you in danger) but at location of Gremlin Disk. This skill will work only with double strike skill... and so on.

Cheers.
Not sure if Frost *Bolt* is a fitting name for what the skill does. Maybe something with 'Burst' would fit better? It would address both the projectile itself and the projecting ability. I think 'Blast' may also fit.

Frost Burst - Arctic Burst - Ice Burst - Glacier Burst - Rime Burst
Frost Blast - Arctic Blast - Ice Blast - Glacier Blast - Rime Blast

Well, you decide.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info