Skill Reveal - Ancestral Warchief

"
evilscheme1 wrote:
"
nice

but i think they need to improve the active range of this ancestor totems

This.

Just give us a Melee Attack Totem already...
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
..sigh

They really are going to keep making these totems, I don't understand why. These barely help you in anyway when it comes to crafting your build for endgame.

Why can't these just be a buff to your character that has some karui spirit surround you.
You can't build your melee character and put a whole bunch of points into totem defenses just to keep them up.

They die too fast as totems when you need them to clear difficult packs.
You don't need them when mowing down a weak group.
Bosses tend to move or teleport around way to much to warrant a constant resummon of these.

I basically only play melee for the most part and even I have no interest in this skill, it just doesn't help out.

Please reconsider these totems to make as spiritual buffs, that would make far more sense.
Not a CWDT buff either, like an actual buff you need to use.
1. cast totem and wait for it to kill mobs

or

2. cast spell and kill every mob on screen

why use totem?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on May 6, 2016, 1:46:36 AM
Negative clearspeed skill .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
VushaWan wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:
does it really *have* to be 'more melee physical damage'? Why can't it just be 'more melee damage'. I don't see why you've gotta exclude elemental melees yet again, there's already too many phys-only boosts that leave them in the cold.

There's not even NEARLY enough phys boosts yet to counter insane elemental builds like Voltaxic spark builds and etc.

Yeah those melee voltaxic builds are way too OP.
for all mirror items check The Forbidden Trove:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760
"
rararaputin wrote:
more crappy skills for melee. And why run low maps to showcase the skill? Sure, don't do uber atziri, but run at least maps t14+, t15 ideally. Would you last there? Would those totems die in couple of hits from a monster?

There is no much difference between t13 and t15 maps in terms of difficulty if we are not talking about malachai/daresso fights. And most peoples skip them anyway.
"
Shppy wrote:
does it really *have* to be 'more melee physical damage'? Why can't it just be 'more melee damage'? I don't see why you've gotta exclude elemental melees yet again, there's already too many phys-only boosts that leave them in the cold.

+1
Not a notable addition to the game at all in my eyes, sadly.

It's clearly going to be too much hassle than its worth to make a build solely around it and even if you could, the slow play style and clear speed of totems is amplified further by the limitations of melee.

It will also be pointless running it alongside a typical melee build, there is no place for manual utility in Path of Exile at this current time. No matter what you do with your character, these type of skills; whether its Ancestral totems, rejuvination totem or warcries will ever do anything significant enough to clear speed or survivability to justify it taking the place of other mechanics, let alone pressing the button. It's almost certain using this along side a normal melee build will actually slow down clear speed.
"
VushaWan wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:
does it really *have* to be 'more melee physical damage'? Why can't it just be 'more melee damage'. I don't see why you've gotta exclude elemental melees yet again, there's already too many phys-only boosts that leave them in the cold.

There's not even NEARLY enough phys boosts yet to counter insane elemental builds like Voltaxic spark builds and etc.

Voltaxic Spark is melee ? Wow good to know.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
dont get me wrong, im grateful for everything u guys are doing and im damn satisfied with it. but meh, another worthless skill. why dont u rather make some new dual wield skill or, like others said, elemental melee skill. ele weapons are basicaly useless now. cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info