Skill Reveal - Ancestral Warchief

Lol. needs more feels.
"
Do you find combat fun/exciting when 1 cast or 1 shot clears multiple screens? I'd enjoy a slower pacing myself.

Yes. I find it fun and extremely satisfying to blow up the packs of mobs. And I find fast pace countless times more enjoyable than slow pace. I don't even care if my build is efficient nor I care about competition. I simply enjoy that. The pack blowing up and shattering into bits of ice (and I wish cold skills were faster). Positioning myself and moving around at blazing speeds. I even have 2 movement skills and a speed increasing flask on my build.

It is fine to enjoy slower paced gameplay and there are ton of skills to choose from for that. But, please, don't try to take away what other players enjoy.

If it is about competition then it sounds like asking marathon organizer to cut off shoe bottoms for other players just because someone enjoys running bare footed.
With conc effect + faster attacks + increased minion and totem life, this could be a sweet single target skill..
Last edited by PersistenceTV on May 7, 2016, 3:39:00 PM
Yup, I'll be using this in the future for sure, really like how it looks so far.
i cant wait for boomshakalaka totem, adds +3 to breast size of all characters. Lady Templars incoming.
"
TravisL wrote:
FACEBREAKER!

So much this.

Thread full of naysayers, and all I want to do is slap some FB's on and play 'indirect Earthquake'.

I don't like IC/Cyc/IB, this skill could refresh Facebreakers for me.
"
FocusedFelix wrote:
"
TravisL wrote:
FACEBREAKER!

So much this.

Thread full of naysayers, and all I want to do is slap some FB's on and play 'indirect Earthquake'.

I don't like IC/Cyc/IB, this skill could refresh Facebreakers for me.

If casting a totem and attacking mobs around it is faster map clearing than just destroying mobs without totem,then you're doing facebreakers the wrong way.
It's like ranged characters already have nukes and melee get some stones to throw at mobs.
"
PersistenceTV wrote:
With conc effect + faster attacks + increased minion and totem life, this could be a sweet single target skill..
totem life exist as a support gem?
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:

Do you find combat fun/exciting when 1 cast or 1 shot clears multiple screens? I'd enjoy a slower pacing myself.

Standing in doorways in diablo 1 for safety fighting the horde of monsters 1 at a time is in many ways preferable to zooming around at lightning speed, exploding the whole screen + more with 1 button and being completely indifferent to all enemies.

Not that we need either extreme but right now clear speed and travel speed is crazy.

If you enjoy slow pace then this totem right here is for you.
You can remove ms from boots too.
What problem do you have with someone else clearing fast?
Why should one invest hundreds of ex in items then?
To clear shipyard in 15 mins?

This is kind of off topic now, but I agree that things are way too fast. Although I enjoy the powerful feeling that PoE provides and I think that GGG does also, I have always found combat to feel mostly trivial in terms of actual tactics. The difficulty comes in "spikes". You mindlessly destroy screens of mobs for a time until you see a scary combination of affixes and by then you usually die before you know what it was. There are exceptions of course.

I would rather a slower (doesn't necessarily mean "slow") more deliberate and methodical approach to combat. I wish affixes were easier to distinguish visually so we know what's going on and can actually react differently to each pack of mobs instead of treating them all (for the most part) exactly the same.

You can't really read 7 lines of affixes and respond accordingly, nor would GGG really want that kind of gameplay, so the whole affix system would need a rework for this to REALLY happen. I have to say Diablo 3 seems to do this a little better.

The colored and bolded expansion affixes were a good start (like the ice and fire "blood" explosion affixes). They can be seen a little easier and they change things up more than many vanilla affixes, but still most encounters with mobs are treated the same, run and gun and hope you don't get 1 shot to a combo you didn't have time to read.

TL:DR - Make affixes more visual, like monster auras, consolidate most of them into affixes akin to the newer expansion affixes (the colored, bolded ones). Take 2-3 vanilla affixes and just make a new color coded affix that contains those things and add a slight visual effect to the mob (I assume they worry about screen clutter and performance so this would need to be handled carefully).
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

"
nice

but i think they need to improve the active range of this ancestor totems

+1 i feel like the range right now is a burden

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info