Skill Reveal - Ancestral Warchief

How is the previous Ancestor totem going to be balanced so as not to become immediately obsolete?
---
I wrote a story about the rogue exile Zacharie Desmarais, before he was rogue.

Read [The Blackest Virtue] - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123843
cool
"
Newwby wrote:
How is the previous Ancestor totem going to be balanced so as not to become immediately obsolete?

It would be stronger for single target damage.
can be used on zombies with melee splash?
ign - FancySneakyDevil
Likely to be used with CWDT if it just sucks as a main skill build.
In-Game Name: BLOOBERRY_
Mall/Shop: 800001 ---------- Magic-Find Build: 746000

[NUKE]
Now all we need is a unique that buffs the ancestral totems.
These take way too long to manifest.

The delay between totem placement and totem attack, combined with the fact that you need to stop moving forward to stay in activation range, means that the builds which utilize these skills are inherently much less efficient than all of the competitive clear speed builds.

How do these slow totem skills fit into an endgame where 1 cast or 1 shot clears multiple screens? We're clearing at nearly the speed of continuous whirling blades and the video here shows a little wimpy totem whack things in a 1/3 screen size area 2-4 times before they die.

Don't get me wrong I love to see skills like this added to the game. But a lot of balance changes need to take place before a playstyle involving these totems becomes competitively viable.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
^^ is right. nerf all the full clear speed builds till they reach totem efficiency !!

Also curious about interaction with minions. Is the buff for

A) yourself
B) party members
C) allies

If the totems damage itself isn't endgame viable, maybe the buff is for boss situations etc.
hype
"
Shppy wrote:
does it really *have* to be 'more melee physical damage'? Why can't it just be 'more melee damage'. I don't see why you've gotta exclude elemental melees yet again, there's already too many phys-only boosts that leave them in the cold.

There's not even NEARLY enough phys boosts yet to counter insane elemental builds like Voltaxic spark builds and etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info