|||||| [2.5.2d] The Endless Retch (Updated 1/29 w/Temp League Guide!) ||||||

"
Stratic wrote:
Hey, great build. Is the league version still viable with other skills such as cyclone instead of just static strike and leap slam?

Yep, absolutely. You likely won't have a +2 Atziri, but everything else should be pretty much the same.

"
moooff wrote:
any hints for doing HOGM ? or is this build not ideal for it ?

I tried Hall of the Grandmasters several times and never was able to solo it. I had to bring friends.

The guy with huge block was really hard to deal with, not to mention flask uptime.
The Endless Retch: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655814
Last edited by Dakoos on Feb 6, 2017, 7:28:40 PM
Id like to use a Starkonjas head but im only sitting at 160ish res with my current helm.
any suggestions?

Spoiler
Hello guys!
I've done everything in the game with a slightly variant version of the build. Now it's time to try another build, and thus I am selling everything at a decent price if anyone's interested.

(Breach SC).

Drop me a in-game whisper: DuckingPunches

I have some questions regarding using brain rattler as opposed to disfavor. If using brain rattler for attacks other than static strike, is it better to use phys to lightning or should you use an alternate gem since you get 70% conversion from brain rattler + vinktar?

also, i wanted to double check that the 60% lightning conversion on static strike works with brain rattler to make effective 100% conversion, since it could mean 60% of the remaining 50% phys converts, making it effectively 80% lightning ish. i dont think it works this way but i want to check.

thirdly, if i DO get a disfavor (note both my disfavor and brain rattler will be 5 link to start) would it be better to use brain rattler for static strike single target swap, and disfavor for cyclone/leap slam main clearing swap; or vice versa?
"
Toxic_Abyss wrote:
I have some questions regarding using brain rattler as opposed to disfavor. If using brain rattler for attacks other than static strike, is it better to use phys to lightning or should you use an alternate gem since you get 70% conversion from brain rattler + vinktar?

also, i wanted to double check that the 60% lightning conversion on static strike works with brain rattler to make effective 100% conversion, since it could mean 60% of the remaining 50% phys converts, making it effectively 80% lightning ish. i dont think it works this way but i want to check.

thirdly, if i DO get a disfavor (note both my disfavor and brain rattler will be 5 link to start) would it be better to use brain rattler for static strike single target swap, and disfavor for cyclone/leap slam main clearing swap; or vice versa?

1.use the gem and a pen vinktar

2.if you use brain rattler, static strike and P2L gem, that would be more than 100% conversion, but that doesnt add up(you cant convert more than 100%), so its pointless, if you use static strike with brain rattler, no need for the P2L gem, just put in there whatever you like.

3.a friend runs a budget version with brain rattler and a pen vinktar, the dmg loss is minimal, guess you can do as you like, it would be QoL ofc to have the single target on weapon swap
"
Yep, absolutely. You likely won't have a +2 Atziri, but everything else should be pretty much the same.

What do you mean by that? I shouldnt use the Atziri?
"
Stratic wrote:
"

What do you mean by that? I shouldnt use the Atziri?

nah, he says it is unlikely you will get a +2 wep range disfavour, you should use it if you can
Hey Dakoos! check my profile plz and make any recommendations!
I have many issues with survivability...my life is 4.7k and i dont see how i get to 6k+!!!Waiting for response and if u can speak with while in game would be nice!
"
etien4 wrote:
I have many issues with survivability...my life is 4.7k and i dont see how i get to 6k+!!!Waiting for response and if u can speak with while in game would be nice!

It looks like you got all the dps nodes first, and your final points ALL go to life nodes.
Also you are missing taste of hate, which gives phys>cold conversion which is a big deal defensively.

On a separate note, i am currently gathering the items to build this in breach also, and i wanted to run an idea past you guys. Given that i'm in breach, i have non-legacy vinktars, and want to use the ascendancy for bleed immunity while leeching. this frees up the boots slot.

I am theorycrafting how to best use my flask slots, since this build revolves around them. I was thinking to use vinktar's, taste of hate, ruby of grounding, lion's roar, and atziri flask. this will give fire/cold/lightning/phys/chaos resistance, without sacrificing too much clearspeed.
What do you guys think about using dusktoe boots to cap chaos resistance while flasks are in use? and possibly swapping ruby of grounding for quicksilver of grounding, if movespeed is more important than the extra fire resistance.

also if overcapping resistances like that, i was thinking about using lightning coil to convert incoming phys even further, along with the taste of hate, for 50% phys conversion along with the extra armor that lion's roar gives. the only downside (that i've thought of so far) is that vinktar's will then be REQUIRED to cap lightning resistance at all times.

(EDIT) i forgot about the flask efficacy nodes for phys conversion on taste of hate... any idea what the phys conversion is after the nodes?
(EDIT 2) on second thought, chaos is probably not enough of an issue to warrant using dusktoe, with the exception of doing specific bosses. will probably just keep one for said boss swap.
Last edited by Toxic_Abyss on Feb 13, 2017, 4:56:33 PM
"
Toxic_Abyss wrote:
"
etien4 wrote:

It looks like you got all the dps nodes first, and your final points ALL go to life nodes.
Also you are missing taste of hate, which gives phys>cold conversion which is a big deal defensively.

Ok i got the last flask i was missing!Much better now...bought also some better jewels!
My items need any improvement or anything else u think i need to make hign end bosses(Shaper,guardians,uber Atziri etc)
Also is there any chance this build works in uber lab?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info