I feel like D3 ROS is actually now better than POE

One thing some other posters have mentioned I feel pretty legit.
Every time I convert my friend to poe, they are put off before they even finish normal act 1.
I literally have to educate each of them how to play PoE... literally.
Especially people coming from other ARPG, and no not limited to D3 players only tho most of them did play D3.

PoE is very very VERY slow in the beginning (which we are all used to/forced into doing because PoE's endgame is rerolling a new character). And all the Lv1 charracters are required to cycle flasks against Hilllock... and in PoE flasks instantly stops replenishing regardless of how much duration they have left as soon as your life or mana has topped off even tho you spent them 0.1 second after topping off.

New players has no idea what's going on, they don't know flasks regenerate on mob kill. They don't know they should wait till their life/mana is well below half way (from fighting hillock) before they trigger their flasks.

Even for players coming from Diablo 2, PoE is very slow to start...

Sure retarded whiteknights will say tell them newbies to fucking l2p or get the fuck out of our beloved PoE, but since I am not those stupid whiteknights and hope PoE to actually do well, GGG could easily put in some "tips" that somewhat navigate players thru.

Like a 2 second tip that highlight your flasks and say "Your flasks consumes charges when you use them and your flasks automatically gain charges back as you kill monsters" or something like "you have acquired a skill gem, place it into a socket on the weapon you just picked up to get access to these powerful skills."

Little things like this will really go a long way especially got a game like PoE where the first few acts are notoriously slow.

Ofc just like auto equip, an experienced player can go to UI settings to make it so the game will never display a new player tip.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
One thing some other posters have mentioned I feel pretty legit.
Every time I convert my friend to poe, they are put off before they even finish normal act 1.
I literally have to educate each of them how to play PoE... literally.
Especially people coming from other ARPG, and no not limited to D3 players only tho most of them did play D3.

PoE is very very VERY slow in the beginning (which we are all used to/forced into doing because PoE's endgame is rerolling a new character). And all the Lv1 charracters are required to cycle flasks against Hilllock... and in PoE flasks instantly stops replenishing regardless of how much duration they have left as soon as your life or mana has topped off even tho you spent them 0.1 second after topping off.

New players has no idea what's going on, they don't know flasks regenerate on mob kill. They don't know they should wait till their life/mana is well below half way (from fighting hillock) before they trigger their flasks.

Even for players coming from Diablo 2, PoE is very slow to start...

Sure retarded whiteknights will say tell them newbies to fucking l2p or get the fuck out of our beloved PoE, but since I am not those stupid whiteknights and hope PoE to actually do well, GGG could easily put in some "tips" that somewhat navigate players thru.

Like a 2 second tip that highlight your flasks and say "Your flasks consumes charges when you use them and your flasks automatically gain charges back as you kill monsters" or something like "you have acquired a skill gem, place it into a socket on the weapon you just picked up to get access to these powerful skills."

Little things like this will really go a long way especially got a game like PoE where the first few acts are notoriously slow.

Ofc just like auto equip, an experienced player can go to UI settings to make it so the game will never display a new player tip.

The bold part is already in the game. :P For a quite some time now (Forsaken Masters? Can't quite remember.)

What you said + in-game wiki is long over due. No problem in having a hard game, but pretending its 2000, and people can't info from the internetz is pretty dumb. :v Just give people all the information they need, and let them figure out the rest. Not explaining anything and expecting people to understand on their own is pretty optimistic, to say the least. :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 4, 2016, 1:53:06 AM
"
Pewzor wrote:

^ THIS I asked some questions in General chat and was told to delete POE that its not for me.

The community in this game stinks on a whole new level, GGG pretty much encouraged it from day one because they marketed this game ONLY for HardCore ARPG Players!!!

Which is a terrible terrible thing to do from a business point of view. So much of the community feels like they are these huge elitist cunts and they are proud of it aswell.

Turns out I have finally figured out HOW to play this game after 3 years of trying. What happened in the past was that this game is so exhausting that I quit middle of Act 1 twice. Came back a year later reached act 2. Came back a year later and reached Act 3 then deleted again. Finally came back as I am on my 1 month holiday from work. I put in some serious amount of hours this past week, and I finished normal and just started cruel. I am on a earth quake build contrary to what I was told about it being nothing like Diablo 3 it is actually infact very very similar to d3.

The difference seems to be in the build diversity where POE wins out aswell as sound, music wise the lore is top notch in POE on the level of the Diablo lore.

What makes this game appear overwhelming is the skill tree and gems. But when you actually spend some time and figure it out, this game isn't more difficult than D3 by any stretch. D3 does explanations and is structured better its more organized where information is concerned. Because POE lacks a decent ingame guide to help players and because the community is disgusting many even racist it turns away players.

But the biggest thing about this game that made me turn away the first few times was the broken match making or should I say non existent match making. Because this game was designed as a clone of a 2001 game the multi player experience is horrible and so you don't have any help from anyone. Notice board things with asking people to open portals is a horrible way to do an online play.

D3 has it right with the match making algorithm to put you in a 5 man party and everyone having banners to click on to TP instantly. And if you die you can be revived at the same spot by a friend it really helps connect with people in your party and the game itself.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

^ THIS I asked some questions in General chat and was told to delete POE that its not for me.

The community in this game stinks on a whole new level, GGG pretty much encouraged it from day one because they marketed this game ONLY for HardCore ARPG Players!!!

Which is a terrible terrible thing to do from a business point of view. So much of the community feels like they are these huge elitist cunts and they are proud of it aswell.

Turns out I have finally figured out HOW to play this game after 3 years of trying. What happened in the past was that this game is so exhausting that I quit middle of Act 1 twice. Came back a year later reached act 2. Came back a year later and reached Act 3 then deleted again. Finally came back as I am on my 1 month holiday from work. I put in some serious amount of hours this past week, and I finished normal and just started cruel. I am on a earth quake build contrary to what I was told about it being nothing like Diablo 3 it is actually infact very very similar to d3.

The difference seems to be in the build diversity where POE wins out aswell as sound, music wise the lore is top notch in POE on the level of the Diablo lore.

What makes this game appear overwhelming is the skill tree and gems. But when you actually spend some time and figure it out, this game isn't more difficult than D3 by any stretch. D3 does explanations and is structured better its more organized where information is concerned. Because POE lacks a decent ingame guide to help players and because the community is disgusting many even racist it turns away players.

But the biggest thing about this game that made me turn away the first few times was the broken match making or should I say non existent match making. Because this game was designed as a clone of a 2001 game the multi player experience is horrible and so you don't have any help from anyone. Notice board things with asking people to open portals is a horrible way to do an online play.

D3 has it right with the match making algorithm to put you in a 5 man party and everyone having banners to click on to TP instantly. And if you die you can be revived at the same spot by a friend it really helps connect with people in your party and the game itself.

Point me a game, where there are no such people. I mean, dude, get real - there are teenagers playing this game. They are ALWAYS the smartest, the fastest and the best players around. While I agree to your points, I disagree that there is anything you can do about it. Tell them (politely) that what they are doing is wrong/stupid and move away. They are plenty of people who will help you around here, so this assertion that MOST of experience players are assholes is pretty unfair, imho.

As an example, I can tell you that some of the people, who are watching my stream for some time now, are teenagers. When they started watching my stream, they were asking many questions - they were essentially newbies. After they've learned something, they sometimes act pretty stupid about new people arriving, who ask questions. Most reactions are good (trying to help, answering the questions and so on), but sometimes they drive these newbies away, because "they don't know shit".

This doesn't mean all of the experienced players are asses, nor that GGG encourages such behavior or they can do anything about such people. It is what it is, and the best we can do is to show a good example.
Last edited by Perq on May 4, 2016, 5:25:24 AM
POE is indeed a game that require some effort and knowledge.
What a terrible thing...
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

It's scary how negative all your posts are, and maybe even scarier that you think you have all the solutions (Aka let's copy shit game D3)

When i started playing i liked the style, i enjoyed not being spoonfed. It only took me 1 crappy character to realize the basic things of the game. It's not rocket science, it's ofcourse alot more complicated then D3.

Stop asking for stupid features from other games. If you hate PoE as much as you imply with your posts why don't you just do all of us and yourself a favor, and dissapear.
^I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I agree with Miská. Some help would be good, but turning it into everything is done for you is a bad, bad idea.
Ahhh. The same old shit again. This would suddenly stop if some could stop comparing POE and D3. It is like comparing CS to Overwatch. Or Magic and Hearthstone. Two completely different games in the same genre. That is fucking all. And i don't know why people always have to compare them. Hell, i did it too. My life became way more relaxed after i realized how dumb this is ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info