Spoiler
i like lemons more then D3 and PoE

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I feel like you are wrong, op.
"
Neph00 wrote:
I fully support your return to D3. D3 spoon feeds you. Some people need that. I am in the best D3 clan. I've pushed rank 1 every season. Poe is a far superior game.

/end

as in you've been banned every season ? ok
Just letting you all know that after my dailies I'm going to go play enough d3 to get the next stash tab! See you tomorrow!
D3, when you get down to the core of it, is an arcade game. Unfortunately it thinks it's an ARPG and forces you through a disrespectful 70 level tutorial to unlock a million trash skills and reach a level where the sets that let you use the official build of your class are unlocked. Why not just start at 70 with the set? It never made any sense to me.

Now PoE, when you get to the core of it, is the best goddamn ARPG ever made. It has its flaws but it balances planning with beating the shit out of monster beautifully. If I'm feeling creative and want to think I can plan a build, if I just want to kill shit I get on a character and kill shit. If PoE didn't have the kind of learning curve that it did, it would never hold my interest as long as it has. The thing that you hate so much is what makes the game so worth playing.

Oh and btw, it's perfectly possible to enjoy PoE with a full time job. You just have to value it enough to invest your free time in it as a serious hobby.
D3 endgame better than poe? ........................ godly troll.
I play PoE for items. I play Warframe on PoE breaks, maybe D3. I like sitting on my legacy stuff and then collecting the alt arts.

I play D3 because they bastardize the meta, then a new cookie is out. There is none of this next season, so... not playing the next one. I just leave my items to delete themselves in my game mail.

D3 might be going into maintenance mode, because it seems like they are making a new thing in the Diablo universe. Might not play that game anymore.
I need more purple titles
So 32 levels in 3 years. That's like a level a month. This game is harder than D3, but it's not that hard. What do you do, take a week break every time you reach a waypoint or something?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 1, 2016, 4:22:11 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
So 32 levels in 3 years. That's like a level a month. This game is harder than D3, but it's not that hard. What do you do, take a week break every time you reach a waypoint or something?

That's what I was wondering, even casual racers can hit level 60 in a few days if they play a lot. I feel like Blizzard makes it take longer to get max level on Diablo 3 with new characters, which for some reason Diablo 3 has a WoW style level cap instead of an ARPG level cap
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
which for some reason Diablo 3 has a WoW style level cap instead of an ARPG level cap

I assume the "ARPG" level cap is the D2 style level cap where it's very very hard to cap out the level which is what PoE copied. Tho it's still much faster to hit cap level in PoE compare to D2.

Blizzard opts for a mmo style level cap based on the idea of characters should be fully developed so everyone gets to feel the maximum power base line of their character. (in poe's turn this is to get all the possible passive points).

Then they have paragon level which is very common in mmorpg as a way to continuously progress your character further so you never feel like you are forced into rerolling and playing a single main character endlessly makes sense.

POE copied D2 leveling very closely... hard to level cap and hard to "respec" and encourage players to reroll spam and play the same thing over and over and over.

I won't call D3s mmo-like level system bad, because a lot of player actually prefers playing very few "mains".

And I won't call PoE's reroll spam system great either, because not everyone likes to play the same fucking acts over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info