The Dancing Dervish - An Insight into the Design Process

Nice skin transfer! :)
Mirror of Kalandra?
Last edited by ama on Apr 28, 2016, 1:44:34 AM
"
griffinzero wrote:
"Cast level 15 manifest Sword on rampage" does that mean you will recast the sword with each rampage tier, and this way have more then one sword?
No, because while the sword is alive and doing it's own thing, you don't have the sword, so you don't have the skill to trigger.
Hey GGG,

Could you please reveal if the Manifest Rageblade skill would scale from attack/ with sword/with two handed weapon damage or spell damage? Or both? :O
Last edited by Avenroth on Apr 28, 2016, 1:52:48 AM
Let me go into some detail of why this idea can never be good.

First, you need to specialize in damage of some sort which would allow you to kill fast enough with this low tier sword (level 59 base, low crit, low aps) to achieve rampage, at which point any sword specific nodes would become useless as it unequips itself.

Second, you need to specialize in nodes which apply to generic melee damage, except most of them are tied to some other effect such as requiring using a shield, or dual wielding, etc, which you cannot do. This severely limits the damage you can do personally.

Third, to have any hope of this thing doing decent damage (unless they are generous with numbers. they are never generous with numbers) you need minion nodes to increase its damage.

The combination of these three things is impossible on a 113 point build.

Does it sound cool? Sure. But reality makes it unusable. The only way this could ever see any use is if the animated weapon does absurd damage. Hypothetically, lets say it one shots anything it hits. Would it still be as overpowered as any current build? Would it even be usable to kill any bosses with stages? Would the clearspeed of the likely slow, uncontrollable weapon be as decent as any bow/spell/cast on crit build which already exists?
IGN: Tretter
Last edited by tretterag on Apr 28, 2016, 3:02:22 AM
What happens if I weapon swap? Is there any way to get out a shield while you punch things?

Level 15 manifest sword: arbitrary number?

If the sword kills something, will that benefit your rampage streak? Or is it in your best interest to kill things before the sword does.

Love this post, and the totally unique unque.

Quick mechanical question, does the weapon/skill scale damage the same as animate weapon (does it scale off of your own physical damage modifiers? I know normally not for minions, but it's rather strange copmared to the rest)? If you were to use Doryanis, WED, Phys to light, added fire, for example, you would be able to cast spells with Doryani's while your blade wrecks shit? This is what I'm most excited to try
Last edited by Kroughfire on Apr 28, 2016, 1:53:37 AM
Have you tested this build in your crazy tier 15 maps? Worried about dying all the time with no shield and just facebreakers on...

Oh! What about boss fights? Cannot get rampage in most boss fights, have you killed core malachai with this build?

Don't mean to sound pessimistic, yet, i feel the 'endgame' your referring to is mecri dried lake no?
🐢
Last edited by Koheleth on Apr 28, 2016, 1:58:25 AM
lol people freaking out about it saying its bad without knowing anything about how the skill actually functions or scales.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Koheleth wrote:
Have you tested this build in your crazy tier 15 maps? Worried about dying all the time with no shield and just facebreakers on...

Not all uniques have to be totally endgame viable. They can be fun and good for T8-10 and not quite enough for T14-15 and still be worthwhile.
"
tretterag wrote:
So Rhys is the reason that so many terrible uniques are created. Now at least we know. Two bad swords in a row? Why not go for the third as well.

Let me go into some more detail of why this idea can never be good.

First, you need to specialize in damage of some sort which would allow you to kill fast enough with this low tier sword (level 59 base, low crit, low aps) to achieve rampage, at which point any sword specific nodes would become useless as it unequips itself.

Second, you need to specialize in nodes which apply to generic melee damage, except most of them are tied to some other effect such as requiring using a shield, or dual wielding, etc, which you cannot do. This severely limits the damage you can do personally.

Third, to have any hope of this thing doing decent damage (unless they are generous with numbers. they are never generous with numbers) you need minion nodes to increase its damage.

The combination of these three things is impossible on a 113 point build.

Does it sound cool? Sure. But reality makes it unusable. The only way this could ever see any use is if the animated weapon does absurd damage. Hypothetically, lets say it one shots anything it hits. Would it still be as overpowered as any current build? Would it even be usable to kill any bosses with stages? Would the clearspeed of the likely slow, uncontrollable weapon be as decent as any bow/spell/cast on crit build which already exists?

Why don't they test these things on the toughest maps, highest tiers, before calling them 'endgame'? Why? If they did, the post is seriously lacking some video footage.
🐢

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info