Labyrinth an all difficulties? absolute horror, who has time for this?

I could personally live with Normal Labyrinth setting your Ascendancy Points to 2, Cruel one to 4, and Merciless one to 6. Some people would just run it once on Merciless while some people may want to get their Ascendancy asap in Normal.
I believe is like this already on the permanent leagues? I'm personally not a fan of running the lab 3 times and having to outlevel it because of the boss fight while the traps stay as deadly no matter your level and the mobs become irrelevant and you can ignore them all together because they don't give XP or the item level you want at that point.
Last edited by Kaemonarch on Apr 27, 2016, 6:07:27 PM
"
Kaemonarch wrote:
I believe is like this already on the permanent leagues? I'm personally not a fan of running the lab 3 times and having to outlevel it because of the boss fight while the traps stay as deadly no matter your level and the mobs become irrelevant and you can ignore them all together because they don't give XP or the item level you want at that point.

You don't need to be outleveled. Practice Izaro until you get understand how to fight it (maybe with the exception of some variants, in that case run the fuck out or be a badass, that's on you). Labyrinth is best enjoyed at the proper level. Traps are weird content that can't be outleveled but that's not really that bad, just unsettling.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Didn't standard merciless chars existing before 2.2 went in get a chance to get all six points if they ran the merciless lab just once? I distinctly remember talking to Chris about the upset standard players and that being the solution.

This is true. For characters that were in the servers by the time 2.2 hit, you were given 2 ascendancy points and all trials unlocked for any difficulty in which you had the "Completed the game" character state.

Only caveat that you have to run any labyrinth to redeem those points - even Normal Lab works if you have completed the game on Merciless.

This means that if you killed Piety in Lunaris Merciless before Dominus existed, you can run Normal Lab for 6 ascendancy points. Same for killing Dominus Merciless before A4 existed. For those joining us more recently, you had to have killed Merciless Malachai after 2.0 but before 2.2 to receive 6 free Ascendancy Points.

If you only had "completed the game" state on Cruel (i.e. Merciless is available on your character) by 2.2, you would get 4 free Ascendancy Points and Normal and Cruel trials completed.

Again, even though you get the points free, you have to touch the butt in order to redeem them (so, you must run Normal Labyrinth once at the very least).

EDIT: I'm not sure about Closed Beta characters, but I assume if you killed Vaal Oversoul on the highest difficulty in Closed Beta, you would receive 6 Asc pts.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Apr 27, 2016, 6:24:32 PM
60 minutes for lab? WTF?! My friend why play poe for the 1st walked to 3rd Izaro fight in 30 minutes.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Apr 27, 2016, 6:31:17 PM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
60 minutes for lab? WTF?! My friend why play poe for the 1st walked to 3rd Izaro fight in 30 minutes.

Looking at the labyrinth ladder, 60 minutes are the slower times. Median is usually around 30 minutes. This is on the normal and cruel difficulties. The merciless difficulties seem to have many more enchant and racing runs and so that is why I was using the normal and cruel ladders.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
So run straight and you will be significantly faster than the median? Of course, lots of people also do side quests, Argus, go to the toilet or answer a phone call while in the lab, ... todays median for Merciless Perandus lab is 15 minutes 30 seconds by the way, with 75% being faster than 23 minutes, 13 seconds.

But yes, you are better at complaining than actually just finding a solution.

I can support the "Merciless lab sets ascendancy points to 6" btw, even though it is not in line with the other quests.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Apr 27, 2016, 7:05:07 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:
So run straight and you will be significantly faster than the median? Of course, lots of people also do side quests, Argus, go to the toilet or answer a phone call while in the lab, ... todays median for Merciless Perandus lab is 15 minutes 30 seconds by the way, with 75% being faster than 23 minutes, 13 seconds.

I can support the "Merciless lab sets ascendancy points to 6" btw, even though it is not in line with the other quests.

I recon normal it's probably the slower one (crippled movement skill, slow movespeed, lvling flasks), but claiming that you need a 60 minutes run to complete it's really a bit too much.

I mean, the 25% slow guys here could have just responded to the phone or chasing for silver chests or wathever :P
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
Here's my 2 cents on this:

I think the tuning of Izaro is a tad too much.

The actual maps getting to him are quite easy. It just takes me awhile still as I do not have the entire map structure memorized yet (getting there). But when you actually fight him, he is x10 more difficult than when you experienced previously (even without the buffs he gets) even overleveled.

So you basically trudge through a bunch of easy maps that do not really prepare you for the bosses difficulty. Then you get wrecked.

Plus on some boss fights, you are confined to such a small space, which isn't a huge problem except when you consider the games optimization. The fight turns into a jittering lag fest and you can and most likely will die randomly (This particular fact just happened to me. I was confined in the last fight. I first entered the final room and I froze up for a good 4 seconds. I was lucky to survive his initial attack. But later in the fight trying to avoid his attacks in a spam fest of particle affects, freeze ups, and rotating blade traps, was just too much for me to handle).

I don't mind challenge of difficulty for the time I put into things, but having to go through 10 maps that are trivial to face something that is overtuned does not add up to me. There is no balance: there is just one extreme and the other in this labyrinth. Don't get me wrong here, I really like the challenge of Izaro and what he brings. I'd love more fights like this. I really like how previous fights build up to the final one. So I do like a lot of what this brings, I just think it is a bit much at the moment.

Perhaps make the maps harder but less of them and keep Izaro the same, or tone down Izaro and keep the number and difficulty maps as they are currently are.

TLDR: Izaro overtuned; need slight reduction.
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
maxlmantis wrote:
Why do i have to do this?

I've got some great news for you!

YOU DON'T! :-)

This is entirely optional content, so you can just skip it...
Of course, then you don't get the very nice rewards for doing it either, but that's entirely fair :-)

DOH!!! Why didn't I think of that? Oh wait... It's just that some of the sub-classes are fuckin awesome and endgame build enabling so you'd be crazy to skip Normal and Cruel Labyrinth. Merc Lab is optional however.

I'm running a firecaster Templar Heirophant and without Ritual of Awakening I wouldn't be happy with my Magma Orb attack if I only had 1 fire totem. But with 3 fire totem's as a shield in front and I'm casting a wall of magma (Magma Orb + GMP + faster casting + conf) from behind I can produce a scotched earth on all white and blue mobs and burn them all to death fast. Without the 4 subclass points I wouldn't be clearing maps as fast and playing this build wouldn't be anywhere near as fun as with my 3 fire totems.

So NO... opting out of the Labyrinth while it is always an option it's not a good option. With that kind of illogical thinking then why not opt out of maps and opt out of main content. Oops... by that logic we have just opted out of playing PoE at all. Well, that clearly is an option. Somehow I don't believe GGG is wanting us to opt out and not play PoE and is not in the habit of making content that is intended to be skipped (that is crazy talk). Crap, crap, and triple crap I'm wrong again. GGG made Merc Malachai and without a serious good reward GGG is clearly wanting us to skip that final boss battle... and we do. SIGH!!!

I'm not sure where GGG's devs heads are right now. Daily playing is way up over all previous temp leagues and GGG is still contemplating whether Cadiro Perandus should be around or not come next league.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 27, 2016, 11:14:44 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:

Once again, you ignore the point. You apparently don't like the fact that I came into this thread and try to help explain the problems that people are trying to point out that they're having with Labyrinth. Solutions to this problem have been discussed and multiple solutions have been proposed and documented. There are 7 solutions proposed in the OP of https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216. You want to ignore the fact that reasonable solutions have been suggested and instead wish to blame me for not having any solutions. Do you even think before you type out your drivel? This is all the case when your proposals are generally shortsighted, myopic, brain dead, and unhelpful because they miss the point. Someone says that they don't like playing labyrinth and you propose playing it faster and if they practice it enough then they can do it in as little as 5 minutes. It is like me saying, "I hate eating okra" and so you say "You need to practice eating okra until you get really good at it". We don't want to play some crappy Prince of Persia, Mario, or Frogger game, we want to play PoE. Or, your previous ridiculous statement to me that I need to pay people to run labyrinth for me. Or you other previous ridiculous statement that I shouldn't be posting about disliking labyrinth game play because I could have run through the labyrinth in the time that I have been trying to make my feedback and suggestions understood here on this Feedback and Suggestions forum. I'm trying to make PoE a better game. My view is that PoE took a huge step backward when they forced us to go through crappy trap gameplay.

Face the facts, there is a significant percentage of PoE players that dislike trap gameplay. That is the problem. Belittling us or telling us that we need to get faster and better at this boring tedious and not fun gameplay is not a solution to the problem. Telling us that we need to pay people to run labyrinth for us is not a solution to the problem. Telling us that we should not post our feedback and suggestions here in the Feedback and Suggestions forum is not a solution to the problem. But, I do want to thank you for telling me that I'm good at complaining about the boring tedious and not fun labyrinth. That was uncharacteristically thoughtful of you. Of course, you didn't really say I was good at it, only that I was better at it than something you think I'm horrible at. :-) But thank you anyway.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info