How many FPS do you have?

Around 75-80 steady, these last days though it drops a lot in town when there are people with mtx...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Only a couple, was never much of a FPS player myself.

I think the last one I bought was Halo:Reach and before that it was one of the Battlefield games for PC.

You guys with 30+ must really like the fps genre.
Sadly, not enough.

I can get stable 60 in town or on most levels for as long as the screen is not covered with SFX.

Perandus chests and its guardians are eating up like 40 FPS out of 60.

Some of my own effects also drop FPS like crazy - Herald of Fire (or whatever the name) screen effects make everything crawl.
Oddly enough this affects SOME of the maps. Marketplace Act 3 is just unbearably slow with fire effects.

My PC is not too bad (Core i5, 16GB RAM, R9270X), it should handle this game perfectly fine. For some reason it just does not.
"
Vias_Myton wrote:
I recently talked to a friend and mentioned Ive been playing PoE at 12-15 FPS. He couldnt believe me, I could endure such FPS as PC mustard rice.

Because of this I want to ask you, how many FPS do you usually have? Ive got 60 in town, 25-30 FPS during maps and it halves if rain or ground effects are present. When I talked to my friends I chained some Plateuas, where it is raining, resulting at 12 FPS.

I'd say that my average is around 15 fps. In maps it varies wildly from 0 to 100, depending on the action (opening a lockbox generally means about 3-5 seconds of 0 fps).
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Apr 27, 2016, 7:13:54 AM
 Another poor graphics performance post. PLEASE, please, everyone who is posting here (or in any of the many "my FPS is shit crap playing PoE" types of posts), I/GGG need more hardware info in order to be of help unless all you want is to flame about poor GPU performance.

Please read my own post on this:

Are Perandus mobs killing your frame rates?

As you can see I do not have a top end gaming rig and I play PoE mostly at or near the 60 FPS that my ATI HD6870 runs at because I have VSYNC enabled. With VSYNC off I get frame rates up to 120 but since I have a 60 Hz screen refresh rate there is 0 point in allowing the GPU to produce frames that I will never see. Also, with VSYNC off my GPU runs hotter and my dual gpu cooling fans rev up to very audible levels of noise so I'ts best to keep VSYNC on.

Now that's not to say that PoE is good in gpu performance. We all know that PoE, with it's custom game engine (please never ask GGG to recode PoE with a commercial top quality graphics engine, that will never be possible) is horrible in the FPS department. The most annoying is with Perandus mobs and GGG have received a ton of problem feedback about it and they have made several changes to alleveate some of the pmobs FPS killing graphics special effects.

But in the end with my pre AMD old ATI MSI Hawk with it's 1 GB of vram and an ATI HD6870 gpu holds up very well playing PoE and even the many pmod encounters don't kill my frame rates. Of course my FPS goes way down from my 50 to 60 FPS when I encounter a pmob, but it is very rarely (had it happen twice) that everything stutters and grinds to a halt (I have experienced only 1 gpu lag death in a 1000 pmob fights and that surprised me that it actually happened).

So unless anyone reading this is posting that their FPS is below 20 FPS in just normal playing of PoE (not in any mob fights) is willing to post what GPU/CPU they are running PoE on then there is very little point in repeatedly posting about how awful PoE plays.

Bottom line is if I can play PoE on my modest hardware (I view my GPU/CPU as below average) then you should be able to.

Do's and Don't 
1. Never play PoE with just the GPU integrated in the cpu. ALL integrated GPUs suck.
2. Have a Windows 7 or higher running on 8 GB or more of ram.
3. Don't have cpu hogs for any background utilities (some AVs are terrible. I use ESET NOD32).
4. Don't max out the special effects settings (I run medium on most of them)
5. If you have 8+ GB of ram try using the SHADER ram cache (I have been for 3 years now)
6. Do post what you are using for GPU/CPU and ram.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 27, 2016, 9:55:48 AM
Problem is not

"
How much FPS you have

the real questions are

how often your fps drops and how low it doeshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b3ZRlPsOXg

0fps between 11-13 sec
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 27, 2016, 4:52:17 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Do's and Don't 
1. Never play PoE with just the GPU integrated in the cpu. ALL integrated GPUs suck.
2. Have a Windows 7 or higher running on 8 GB or more of ram.
3. Don't have cpu hogs for any background utilities (some AVs are terrible. I use ESET NOD32).
4. Don't max out the special effects settings (I run medium on most of them)
5. If you have 8+ GB of ram try using the SHADER ram cache (I have been for 3 years now)
6. Do post what you are using for GPU/CPU and ram.

You can do early game on very underspecced PCs but when you hit merciless and start partying then the reqs ramp up like 10 times or more.
"
Funkdubious wrote:
~200 fps in town, 333 fps in hideout, 110-250 fps in maps (depending on what is happening) running at 2560x1440 with Gsync on a 144hz monitor

So basicaly you have 144 fps, no matter what your little counter says your screen can't output more than 144
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I do 40-60+ FPS regularly pretty much everywhere (towns are a wee bit less like 35-50)

Then I encounter Perandus chests, or Shrines, or mobs with "overlapping auras/buffs" and my FPS drops to like hiccup-y 0.5 FPS for 2-3 seconds. If I survive the pre-caching/loading it goes back to tolerable at about half FPS of normal, 15-30 FPS, and when the mobs are dead or a turn off the chests, or I click the shrine... BING! instant 40+ FPS again as normal. Game needs some better optimizing for stacked buffs on mobs.

Particles etc are low, rest medium settings,
AA AF etc. all set by game, all off save for Anistropic Filtering.

Older rig, but was prime when I built it 9 years ago... few parts have been upgraded since (GPU, HDD, Peripherals);

Q9450 12MB L3 Cache on chip
4GB 800 mhz DDR2
Radeon HD 7850 (2GB)
1/2 TB SSD
0 fps~ no computer
my english sux.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info