... Snail Time ...

Good luck to you, turnip. I got one of my characters to Lv 94 a few months ago and about drove myself nuts in the process (I'm a very casual player). After wasting tons of alcs, chaos and scours I finally settled on running blue +pack size maps. Now that Zana sells T10s and T11s I've decided to give it a go with my favorite char...COC Pathfinder.

Starting from 92 a while back I'm now at 93.72 and hoping to hit 94 soon and was thinking about going for 95 or higher. I'm also soloing as the few times I run with friends/guild mates they have an uncanny ability to get me killed (usually from opening a box).

At this point I had to swap out some flasks to prioritize defense while still keeping offense high for clear speed (Basalt flask in the hands of a Pathfinder with 47% increased flask effect is a lifesaver). So this and another layer of defense with a CWDT curse is keeping me alive pretty well so far.

So no more facetanking Maegara or Atziri runs for the time being...(boo) but you've given me some inspiration to go for 95 at least. Feel free to ping me in game if you ever need to vent a little. :D
Okay so when I started this thread I was on 94 70% then plat/ gorged myself to 90%
Last map before bed - a blue plat.

Running great, melting everything, then these pillars of stone with lightning start crashing. Seen them before and know they are
Dangerous. So I play it real slow, careful, edging my way to try and whack the mobs with my crit Bladefall.

I mean I was really careful, and then bam. I was left with two options -

Resurrect in town or at checkpoint.

After punching the monitor, I took deep breaths and realised I was back to 80% after bragging how well I was doing on
Blue plats. But I guess you learn from every death. Trouble is I didn't want the lesson at 90%.

So now it's back to blue chateaus. As I run them blue till I hit 90% again.

This is gonna take a while as I'm anxious about another f*** up.

How are you supposed to beat the stone lightning columns from hell?

Oh well back to plodding through.

Bit demoralised as it looked like I was gonna do 94 without a rip.

But the support on this thread has given me more determination and has been great support from me
With all the stories.

Be good to hear some more.

So I lost almost 40c and two days work.

Anyhoo, back to the grind.

Tyvm for all feedback.

Turnip

TLDR. now need more cigs. Prob whisky. Sedatives. And let's hope I don't rip again up to 90.
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Good luck to you, turnip. I got one of my characters to Lv 94 a few months ago and about drove myself nuts in the process (I'm a very casual player). After wasting tons of alcs, chaos and scours I finally settled on running blue +pack size maps. Now that Zana sells T10s and T11s I've decided to give it a go with my favorite char...COC Pathfinder.

Starting from 92 a while back I'm now at 93.72 and hoping to hit 94 soon and was thinking about going for 95 or higher. I'm also soloing as the few times I run with friends/guild mates they have an uncanny ability to get me killed (usually from opening a box).

At this point I had to swap out some flasks to prioritize defense while still keeping offense high for clear speed (Basalt flask in the hands of a Pathfinder with 47% increased flask effect is a lifesaver). So this and another layer of defense with a CWDT curse is keeping me alive pretty well so far.

So no more facetanking Maegara or Atziri runs for the time being...(boo) but you've given me some inspiration to go for 95 at least. Feel free to ping me in game if you ever need to vent a little. :D

Glad I gave you some inspiration.

I hope I give others determination to hit 95, and it ain't easy.

I really want a hundred if my nerves hold.

96 is a soft cap. I might take a break when and if I hit 96.

Gl mate on hitting 94.

And to everyone struggling through the mid nineties.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 6:52:25 PM
Wow that's great news.!

Thx.

Turnip
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
Turniphead2 wrote:

Glad I gave you some inspiration.

I hope I give others determination to hit 95, and it ain't easy.

I really want a hundred if my nerves hold.

96 is a soft cap. I might take a break when and if I hit 96.

Gl mate on hitting 94.

And to everyone struggling through the mid nineties.

I have good news for you - if you can hit 96, you can hit 97. The way experience penalty works your effective range increases by 1 once you hit 96, so you level just as effectively at level 96 as you did at 95!

Good way to look at it ^^

I finally gave in and bought bulk Gorges hehe, so we'll see how that goes. Actually not a bad deal.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Whew...had a stack of Gorge maps saved up and tore through them and a few others this evening. Also made some tweaks to my Pathfinder to make her clear maps faster. Got up to 29 million per hour...not too shabby. Went from 71% to 90% pretty quickly...but now I'm all out of Gorges! Lol...time to call it a day and we'll see what Zana has for sale tomorrow evening. :)

iam running 95% of the time T11s (old 78s) which are imo the best price/xp ratio u can get in the game.
PSC offers u a T11 vs 3c/map.

Iam not a rusher, i pick loot (almost every shit my filter shows me), wisdoms, open boxes and trash things. Currently iam at 99 getting my 10-15m/h playing solo. Its decent, its safe aswell (iam usually running blue maps only w/ packsize - chaos > rerolling isnt worth on a 3c map)
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
"
iam running 95% of the time T11s (old 78s) which are imo the best price/xp ratio u can get in the game.
PSC offers u a T11 vs 3c/map.

Iam not a rusher, i pick loot (almost every shit my filter shows me), wisdoms, open boxes and trash things. Currently iam at 99 getting my 10-15m/h playing solo. Its decent, its safe aswell (iam usually running blue maps only w/ packsize - chaos > rerolling isnt worth on a 3c map)

Map with me bby

I have a row of old 78's left, saving those for when I hit 99 though, for that throwback feel ^^

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

Glad I gave you some inspiration to push on.

I died night before last, and last night ran five or six chateaus blue - love that map - *wonders why more people don't play it*
Then I ran three white lakes and one or two white gorges to get back up to 94/ 89%
Hoping to lvl up today or tomorrow as I really want to see '95' below my name. Running the chateaus was stressful as I'd ripped the night before; I really didn't want to rip again.
On lvl 92 I ripped twice in a row at 85%, and that was terrible.
Was annoyed with the rip at 94 as I was at 90% without one.
I'd really like to do a whole lvl without a rip.

BTW why is everyone so obsessed with gorge - yes, it's a great map, but beware the man who overlooks the great and distant Arid Lake.

好的男 - really funny you pick up everything. Most of the time I don't pick up anything, as it slows clears.

---

What's with the chaos nerf? Some of my dps is chaos (crit bladefaller) - is the nerf gonna make me more nerfous to map?

Turnip

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info