... Snail Time ...

"
"
And1111 wrote:

Before 2.00,when lv 77/78 maps were highest tier,you needed around 350-400 lv 77/78 from lv 99-100,and back then ppl were rolling up to 50% packsize on them.Your calculation is very wrong.

yes, I think you're right. I just ran a T10 and only got around 4 million XP, so the 1500 million XP needed to go from lvl95 - 100 would require 375 maps

Thanks for the support.

But why run rippy maps? It's mad and the currency u use for scour/chaos you could buy new maps.

Runing ANYTHING slightly risky past 95 is mad imo. One death will cost a lot of time and resources.
Better to make the dollar, run blue.

Also your clear speed will be affected so clear times and lvl ing will take longer on rare maps.
On blues I can tear through things, on rares it takes me a lot longer to finish the map.

Imo blue maps will yield some maps/currency and you can lvl faster.

Turnip
"
Turniphead2 wrote:

Thanks for the support.

But why run rippy maps? It's mad and the currency u use for scour/chaos you could buy new maps.

Runing ANYTHING slightly risky past 95 is mad imo. One death will cost a lot of time and resources.

Also your clear speed will be affected so clear times and lvl ing will take longer on rare maps.
On blues I can tear through things, on rares it takes me a lot longer to finish the map.

Turnip

Absolutely correct.
Maps with dangerous modifiers do not guarantee good drop. Only guarantee delays. A long-term gains between hazardous maps and blue maps it's so small considering costs and time that are not worth the sacrifice. Not for a person who plans to reach level 100.

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
"
"
And1111 wrote:

Before 2.00,when lv 77/78 maps were highest tier,you needed around 350-400 lv 77/78 from lv 99-100,and back then ppl were rolling up to 50% packsize on them.Your calculation is very wrong.

yes, I think you're right. I just ran a T10 and only got around 4 million XP, so the 1500 million XP needed to go from lvl95 - 100 would require 375 maps

Thanks for the support.

Turnip

In order to sustain t12+ you need to roll maps with at least double packsize,by doing this you have to run maps with every kind of mods,rippy one also,beacuse you dont wanna rerol map with double packsize if you allready spent 10c on it,if you wanna run shrine which is 20c in PHC,you dont wanna roll it blue beacuse you can get only 1 packsize and also small quantity(bassicly,you wont see returns).If you wanna level only on t10-11 maps(pain),yeah,maybe it's better to roll them blue with 1 packsize(bad layout t10 cost 2c,t11 5c in PHC at this point of leauge),allthrough your map/currency/item drops will be lower(you cant build up t12 pool by running blue t11 in most cases).
Last edited by And1111 on Apr 24, 2016, 6:03:48 PM
"
And1111 wrote:
In order to sustain t12+ you need to roll maps with at least double packsize,by doing this you have to run maps with every kind of mods,rippy one also,beacuse you dont wanna rerol map with double packsize if you allready spent 10c on it,if you wanna run shrine which is 20c in PHC,you dont wanna roll it blue beacuse you can get only 1 packsize and also small quantity(bassicly,you wont see returns).If you wanna level only on t10-11 maps(pain),yeah,maybe it's better to roll them blue with 1 packsize(bad layout t10 cost 2c,t11 5c in PHC at this point of leauge),allthrough your map/currency/item drops will be lower(you cant build up t12 pool by running blue t11 in most cases).

Agree ^

Blue vs Yellow is night and day imo, same with plain Yellow vs Pack Size Yellow
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
it's all about the clear speed.

Lv 99 atm.

Current Relative Exp/hrRates from my experience
Dried lake 2.6mil/hr-3mill/hr (only run for lvl gems/rare gear vendor recipe/brittle when i don't feell ike mapping)

Strand - 7mill/hr

Jungle valley - approx 7.5mill+/hr; better if i don't do the boss cuz the loading time for the spider to spawn take quite long.

Residence/underground river/malformation - 9mill/hr // too many dead ends/doors

Canyon/Dry pen - 9.5-10mil/hr

Necropolis - about 10mil/hr // maybe faster if i skip waiting for those dam spiders to crawl out

Arid lake - 11-13mil/hr

// Up to arid lake tier (exclude gorge), you can pretty much sustain a continuous pool of these by just running blue maps solo + using drops to buy reruns.

Gorge - 13-16mill/hr // On avg i'm at about 14 mill with item pickup.

Springs - last I chained springs back to back was early lv 98s; the exp was about the same as gorge from memory, mainly cuz I wait for those guys to pop their heads from the tents :C if i don't wait, then the exp/hr would outclass gorge by a mile.

Plat - havnt actually tried much plats so i can't give a relative exp/hr

//to maintain blue gorges on currency drops (including 6s/chaos/regal recipe material/chromatic gear) alone, you need about 3 ppl's worth of rotation; that will get you enough currency to continuously run blue gorges. For blue plats you'll need a 4 member rotation. If you add in lucky drops like maybe a drillneck/kaoms + good map drops then you net in extra earnings.

As far as High T map go, I think waterways/core are the best ones for fast exp/hr; but that gets expensive even with rotation so, I don't do them;

Anyhow, keep up the work; just think about this whole leveling process as a journey in search of the mirror of kalandra :D
Last edited by SIQI on Apr 24, 2016, 11:55:04 PM
Sigh. If you really want to get to level 100, don't do solo. Do gorge/plateau rotations with friends or public party who are also leveling. And just wear xp gear - walk around and do nothing. I'm sure you will have one or two people in party with voltasick, spark, coc that are one-shotting everything in maps lol.

This way you save your money, and you will level faster.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Sigh. If you really want to get to level 100, don't do solo. Do gorge/plateau rotations with friends or public party who are also leveling. And just wear xp gear - walk around and do nothing. I'm sure you will have one or two people in party with voltasick, spark, coc that are one-shotting everything in maps lol.

This way you save your money, and you will level faster.

There is more of a sense of accomplishment from not leeching to the end.

But it depends why someone wants to 100 in the first place, i doubt its the marginal stat gain.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
SIQI wrote:
it's all about the clear speed.

Lv 99 atm.

Current Relative Exp/hrRates from my experience
Dried lake 2.6mil/hr-3mill/hr (only run for lvl gems/rare gear vendor recipe/brittle when i don't feell ike mapping)

Strand - 7mill/hr

Jungle valley - approx 7.5mill+/hr; better if i don't do the boss cuz the loading time for the spider to spawn take quite long.

Residence/underground river/malformation - 9mill/hr // too many dead ends/doors

Canyon/Dry pen - 9.5-10mil/hr

Necropolis - about 10mil/hr // maybe faster if i skip waiting for those dam spiders to crawl out

Arid lake - 11-13mil/hr

// Up to arid lake tier (exclude gorge), you can pretty much sustain a continuous pool of these by just running blue maps solo + using drops to buy reruns.

Gorge - 13-16mill/hr // On avg i'm at about 14 mill with item pickup.

Springs - last I chained springs back to back was early lv 98s; the exp was about the same as gorge from memory, mainly cuz I wait for those guys to pop their heads from the tents :C if i don't wait, then the exp/hr would outclass gorge by a mile.

Plat - havnt actually tried much plats so i can't give a relative exp/hr

//to maintain blue gorges on currency drops (including 6s/chaos/regal recipe material/chromatic gear) alone, you need about 3 ppl's worth of rotation; that will get you enough currency to continuously run blue gorges. For blue plats you'll need a 4 member rotation. If you add in lucky drops like maybe a drillneck/kaoms + good map drops then you net in extra earnings.

As far as High T map go, I think waterways/core are the best ones for fast exp/hr; but that gets expensive even with rotation so, I don't do them;

Anyhow, keep up the work; just think about this whole leveling process as a journey in search of the mirror of kalandra :D

In my experience at 99 you can get 16-18mil in Arids/Gorges with a Voltaxic Sparker, lower if not. Springs is 18-20mil, and the best is definitely Waterways in terms of clear speed (if you know how to run it) and exp efficiency, topping out 22-25mil. You should really be aiming for 20mil an hour Imho in T11's that aren't Springs as they are the best to run now with taking in account; cost, exp, clear speed and danger.
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"

completely untrue. :c Unless you run ONLY blue gorges yeah. So if you find another T9 map it doesnt count... In this case it can even be a 10 member rotation, because rng is rng after all.

Anyway, blue t8-t11 is perfectly sustainable solo if you already have a decent map pool from the start to not get limited by the rng unlucky spread factor.

"

Absolutely true, it's what we have been saying from the start, thx for paraphrasing.
Also, it's less painfull because it's less stressfull and less difficult, there is almost nothing that will kill you, just do not kill yourself on reflet and volatile blood / ice storm explosions... :p The blue t9-t10 XP gain is NOT that different to rippy yellow packsize t12, just 100% safier and like 30% slower. The safety justifies the speed difference.

Ok Crema boss deals huge damage if you like to take a shower.

On the contrary, piety ice form is a bitch and can kill you without damage/-res mods.

That said, i always do the bosses in my maps, even when i try to increase my levels, maybe why i prefer blue maps to level up ;)
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Apr 25, 2016, 10:25:41 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 6:52:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info