... Snail Time ...

What a nice thread! I actually read all 34 pages, lol. :)

I've been dabbling a lot in temp leagues lately, but had a plan to level my Voltaxic LA girl in Standard all the way to 100 eventually. So the news about nuking that bow made me really happy.

Picked up my old cycloning main from yesteryears and respecced her into CA as a fresh lev 92. She just got tired of Cyclone, it's not the same anymore - even with a 6L Disfavour. Oh well. I finally found myself a +3 bow and felt I couldn't put it off any longer. CA is doing much better than I originally thought it would, so that's promising. :)

Started mapping with the fresh respec and subpar gear at 92, 0% .. I'm now already at 49% and haven't died once even though it's a new playstyle for me. Happy. If anyone wants to look, it's the character "Ceri". Yeah, my original ranger from the launch of open beta. She's been through a lot! Some gear is subpar, it's bits and pieces from other characters so far. I mostly do self-found so it's not too hot.

So, about me: I'm not very efficient. I pick up nearly everything, I kill all mobs, I don't quicksilver much, I don't trade much if at all, I only play solo and I'm old and slow. I also tend to have fun playing, so there's that. ;) My characters usually stop leveling around 90, I've got two at 93 and that's as far as I've gone in the past. I feel like going a bit higher now though, initial goal is 96 - we'll see!

TL;DR: 92.49% Trend++;
"
Ceri wrote:
What a nice thread! I actually read all 34 pages, lol. :)

I've been dabbling a lot in temp leagues lately, but had a plan to level my Voltaxic LA girl in Standard all the way to 100 eventually. So the news about nuking that bow made me really happy.

Picked up my old cycloning main from yesteryears and respecced her into CA as a fresh lev 92. She just got tired of Cyclone, it's not the same anymore - even with a 6L Disfavour. Oh well. I finally found myself a +3 bow and felt I couldn't put it off any longer. CA is doing much better than I originally thought it would, so that's promising. :)

Started mapping with the fresh respec and subpar gear at 92, 0% .. I'm now already at 49% and haven't died once even though it's a new playstyle for me. Happy. If anyone wants to look, it's the character "Ceri". Yeah, my original ranger from the launch of open beta. She's been through a lot! Some gear is subpar, it's bits and pieces from other characters so far. I mostly do self-found so it's not too hot.

So, about me: I'm not very efficient. I pick up nearly everything, I kill all mobs, I don't quicksilver much, I don't trade much if at all, I only play solo and I'm old and slow. I also tend to have fun playing, so there's that. ;) My characters usually stop leveling around 90, I've got two at 93 and that's as far as I've gone in the past. I feel like going a bit higher now though, initial goal is 96 - we'll see!

TL;DR: 92.49% Trend++;

Great to see you Ceri.
I'm old too - 48 - really glad you like the thread :)
Good to see someone posting in the early nineties.
It would be great to see some lower level players posting in this thread. You don't even need to be 90 to post here.

So you coolio 80- 90 mappers are welcome here of course. Mapping at any level can be tough especially if you're ripping too much.

Ceri: gl on getting to 93.

Best to all

Turnip

97 <1%
Once I reach 99.50 I am going to uncraft all my tier 11+ to white maps and reach 100 safely.
Ceri - Hail and welcome!

Deadpeng...wow you went from 98 to 99 in just a few days, congrats! I was just looking at the poestats website...looks like you were playing non-stop. :)

I got up to 39% last night...getting a little burnt out but I am committed to getting 97 before the new league starts. I'd also like to record an Atziri run before 2.3.0 in case my Pathfinder gets nerfed (or she could get buffed, you never know!). ;)
Yea well played deadpeng.

Sas - keep truckin.

Tbh I'm a little burnt out too.
Starting a new lvl is tough got like 2% - seems a long road ....

turnip
Ceri - Hi and welcome!

I also roll a cyclone build(atm). I'm running a resolute technique 2h mace cyclone on my first ever lvl 90 in years that I've stayed here (I'm pretty casual and I usually just reroll to a new character after I reach 80). I randomly found this thread and after reading the posts, it pretty much inspired me to actually reach 90 lol.

Current State: I continued to regain the exp that I've lost from triple RIP 1-2 days ago. I've switched to blue maps for now, running T5-T9s. I did spoil myself with a rare T12 Twinned Shipyard map though. I'm currently sitting at 42%. Will grind for more exp tomorrow. Hope everyone's doing fine!
Greetings All.. as with Ceri...read all the posts and its terrific to see such dedication

Im old and do solo...tho I trade for better bits of gear and funds. Because my clear-speed is very low, dont have a map pool problem and trade up to higher maps when I fill a tab with lows or undesirables.

I only do Ranger and only have about 5 char, most of them around the 80-ish mark. This latest is better (LA /BR with a voltaxic)...at 91/11%. I get ripp'ed for the most weirdest reasons...but it seems Im not alone in this...lol. I'm not really busting a gut to get to 100, just want to get there...eventually :).

I used to do everything in a map and pick up everything as well....but was persuaded to not pick up wisdoms or portals to make my clear speed a bit quicker and have extended that to non-build gear.

some suggestions to do chests?....run a life/cold flask...always....and double pop the flask if you get a freeze chest...as sometimes it doesnt "click" on the first drink.

take an alch...(for the white artisan chests) and the smoke mine gem to swap into a slot before opening a chest...guarantees a safe exit and shooting from a distance rather than mixing it with 3 mobs.

Did Talisman and Perandus...of 2 minds to do Prophesy as it will take away from levelling the 91....and...what do I do with all the crap?......lol.

Anyways... gl everyone in yr levelling trials/tribulations and successes.

Whisper
Outspokened - sry for your triple rip - real hard to tough that out - well done for downplaying your map level/ difficulty to boost confidence.
You need to relax and regroup after a pounding.

I had a double rip at 95 I think, and it was tough.

Sh_dow - good to see you post.

A lot of peeps on this thread don't open up any strongboxes as they rip you so easliy and the xp isn't really worth it.
I never open them, and avoid rips. You need a cold/heat flask for them which takes up a flask spot.

Gl in your leveling ambitions.

Me: 97 is flying along!

97 3%

Turnip
I open every single box I see, love those things. When I'm not using Alpha's Howl (cannot be frozen) I have a freeze immune flask, usually on a Granite or Jade that I pop before opening it. I also always jump/whirling blades/blink away from the box instantly after clicking it, to avoid the detonate dead if it's on there. That's pretty much all you need to do. I never die from boxes after doing those two things. And there's lots of shiny loot in some of them. :D

So, leveling has almost stopped now at 60% towards 93, because I found a good deal for a massive pile of Sac fragments. I love grinding them for Midnights when I'm tired and stressed out from real life, so that's what I'm doing atm.

Growing more and more fond of Caustic Arrow too, that's a really nice build tbh. I clearly underestimated how awesome pierce is. CA with 100% pierce is quite godlike, I've got to say.

Ran a really crazy Zana mission last night, a lev 76 Temple. It just spammed maps on me, I left the map with no less than TEN maps. I even got 4 maps off a single blue pack, absolutely bonkers. Nearly all of them were level-appropriate too, a whole bunch of T9-T10s. Luckiest map streak ever for me.

Hopefully I'll get some good time off this weekend so I can keep pushing for real. :)
I miss opening Strongboxes...I was opening any and all until I rip'd to one a few weeks back. And then I learned it was due to misplacing my anti-freeze flask...hmm...so...tempted...not...fair!!! :D

That's cool on the map drops Ceri. I've given up trying to understand it...Zana sold me a T11 the other day with her signature mod. A few orbs later I turned it rare with 40% packsize and very high mods for the rest. It was a bit tricky...but I got through it...and not a single map dropped..not even a crappy Tier 1 or 2...it was pretty disheartening. And then running average blue maps will sometimes drop 3-5+ really good maps...makes no damn sense to me.

I'm at 96.41% at the moment...not a lot of time to play but hoping for a few hours this evening. I'm trying to save up a row of red maps to run together and hopefully sustain higher tier maps (and make it faster to 97) but so far I only have 5 of them. I may end up breaking down and running them before then...but I'm committed to the idea...it would be great to finally sustain a pool of higher tier maps. Clearing them out is no problem for me...and the higher exp gain is awesome.

Of course I could...I suppose *shudder* buy some...:o

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info