StDrakeX wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
Erm, well, how was it helpful?

When you lose freaking 10% exp in a game,

'JUST MOVE ON'

He's not wrong. Do what T-Swift teaches us and Shake It Off.

Unfortunately he is.

A double rip at 95 can be demoralising at 95, especially when one was due to a freeze. I'm unsure if this was
Due to my pc freezing or lag, but anyway it was annoying.

Since I play blues and don't get enough map drops, a lot of my maps are bought.

Which means each rip (atm) costs me half an ex. So the double rip cost me close to an ex in maps. Maybe less if you include my drops
From blues.

I'm trying to sustain maps with drops and bought ones, and I trade, some currency shifting mostly. I don't flip items.
But there's a chance I won't be able to make enough dollar to sustain soloing to hundred.

At the mo it seems I'm doing ok as I'm making more ex per week than I'm spending (even with the rips)

If I get to mid/late nineties, I might start losing money faster than I can earn it to
Buy maps.

I'm not sure if that will happen but it might.

@deadpeng. Sorry if I offended you. It was just that you posted after I ripped twice.
And a general 'just get on with it' post doesn't really achieve much and is not encouraging.

There is a reason so few people hit 100, because it takes huge patience and determination, and is why so many players give up in the nineties.

There's not much 'point' in climbing Everest - you just want to get to the top, so you can say 'I've done it', and people die trying.

Turnip

Tldr. 100 is there. I like a challenge. Let's go climb mountains!

Last edited by Turniphead2 on May 1, 2016, 9:18:29 AM
After getting 1 shot at 95% exp by a Volatile Golem in a T12 map (Shipyard) I am really starting to lose my drive to play melee characters :\

But oh well, only 10% till 94 and then time to try and pass Core :P
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Mannoth wrote:
After getting 1 shot at 95% exp by a Volatile Golem in a T12 map (Shipyard) I am really starting to lose my drive to play melee characters :\

Melee and evasion? Not good idea... Evasion is not for melee characters because there is always the possibility of having some hit and suffer the consequences to the fullest because you do not have how to mitigate the damage.

Melee is for Physical defense, some Evasion and some Block chances.

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
I like the approach and mine is similar. I've basically spurned trade since I got to the point of having enough 6-links to swap characters a lot. So in addition to playing pretty much all solo all the time (guilds suck and rotations suck more) I don't buy maps from players.

I'm working on getting my average character level to 90 (across 29 characters) before I look to get a character or characters into the higher 90s. I expect by then my caustic arrow guy will be 95, will certainly have over 10k life, and will be ready to push to whatever level I get to before I find the grind too asinine. Possibly my level 95 will as well, depending on what they do with earthquake (I'm a bit heartily sick of risking death to pebbles and furniture as a cycloner).

I'm hoping to have a stash tab full of 78+ maps by that point using Zana purchases mostly and generally running 77 and below because: xp speed, WGAF really. It's all just time and fuses for that stupid damn legacy lightning coil that will never bloody well link.

Spoiler
Thankfully at least a nearly perfect 40/15 Belly did a few days ago.

So well done (for once) with the map changes GGG. And good luck to the thread creator and others.
"
Actkqk wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:

Melee and evasion? Not good idea... Evasion is not for melee characters because there is always the possibility of having some hit and suffer the consequences to the fullest because you do not have how to mitigate the damage.

Melee is for Physical defense, some Evasion and some Block chances.

Other than volatiles pretty much nothing kills me at this point.
I run basalt/fortify and enfeeble blasphemy for mitigation, coupled with acro/10k evasion and phase acro for evasion based defense.

And volatiles inflict elemental damage, so you can't really mitigate those more than running a max res flask anyway :\

Edit:

Hit 94 and cleared Core! The fight was amazing and the whole experience was worth it.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on May 2, 2016, 6:33:04 AM
Mannoth, if you can get to 93, you can go further, but melee chars cant't really compete with ranged.
I tried to get to 91 with ice-crash and failed.
Sry for your rip

davidnn5 gl with getting to 95.

getting to 95 is tons harder than 90, but it can be done.

Me:

Losing a bit of morale: the bar at 95 is going up much slower than 94, and after the double rip, im more anxious
bout ripping, so yesterday I abandoned four maps.

One with a raknor the size of a car, and others where my blue mods like,-10 res connected with some appalling fire througing guys.

If I think I might rip, I'll leave the map, which depletes my map pool.

This has the knock on effect (with the rips) of playing slower and more carefully, therefore slowing my clear speed.
Cash is still ok, but if 95 is this slow, 96/97 and beyond is gonna be harsh.

Actkqk - how are you sustaining maps?

Anhoo, now I'm playing like a little frightened rabbit lol, but will carry on til I run out of maps/cash.

GL to all on this thread, and all other solo mappers.

Turnip

TLDR: go go lil rabbit.
Mannoth - congrats on 94! :) :D :)

Didn't play much this weekend...I'm now 30% to 95 but have had a couple of close calls. I can facetank just about anything when my flasks are up with my Pathfinder...but when my ES drops and my base HP is only 5000 I have to be very careful of one shots...esp of the Volatile Flameblood variety...been lucky so far.

Turnip...good to know I'm not the only person over 40 on here. ;)

I've yet to purchase any maps except from Zana...I built up a good stash of T9-10s but I'm running out of Alcs as I keep buying good 9, 10 and 11s from Zana to build up my stash. Very aggravating that everytime I get a 12 or 13 and chisel, alc and chaos until I get good mods they never seem to drop any higher maps to build up a red map pool...or perhaps I have just offended Rngesus once again. :0

Loving my new Blasphemy + Temp Chains + Freezing Pulse/Arctic Breath COC combo and now with a nice high level Frost Bomb + AOE + Less Duration for extra damage and freezy death goodness. :D

Looking forward to joining the 95 club...I'll get there...eventually. ;)
Sasori gl to get to 95. I'm sure you'll get there soon.

I've been buying all my maps form players.

My zana is 6 lol.

How much do t10s and t11s cost from her and what level does she have to be to buy them?

I've not been doing zana a lot cause I ripped on some of her maps, but if she sells em cheap, I'll have to level her.

Sasori hope to see you in the 95 gang soon

Good luck!

Turnip
I think t11 is like 5 Alchs or something once you can get to that level Zana, super cheap.

Been a great way to maintain about half a tab of red maps since I tend to speed through Canyon/Gorge/Plateau/Springs anyways. Dunno if I will get 99 this week, hoping for mid next week assuming I don't RIP.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Looks like I am missing a lot of fun over here. Once my exams end on 9th May I will join in the race too! Still at level 93, but I guess I can catch up quickly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info