Comments Disappearing from Reddit - GGG Has Nothing to do with Governance of /r/pathofexile

"
Perq wrote:
"
Hellcat5 wrote:

"
Heywoody wrote:

thinking that The Official Path of Exile Forums run by Grinding Gear Games is open and uncontrolled and 'balanced' is like thinking that a salesman really has your best interests in mind. Even if he does care about your interest, he cares more about getting his compensation check.

There you go. I think you had the /r/pathofexile subreddit- a forum run by volunteers with no monetary goals whatsoever- confused with the Official Path of Exile Forums, which is the complete polar opposite in that regard.

Heywoody, you have no proof that the people who run the subreddit don't get compensated in some way. You have no proof that the people who run the subreddit don't have monetary goals or hidden agendas. You have no proof that the downvoting doesn't happen from people who have hidden profiteering agendas.

You miss the point - all that conspiracy theory around Reddit, which is not controlled by GGG, makes no sense at all. If Reddit is controlled by GGG, isn't their own fucking forum controlled by them, too?
Yet, they allow your conspiracy debunkery agency to roll on their forum, which they clearly can moderate. Wouldn't they simply delete your thread, and ban you, to nobody sees their secret, underground movement?

Lets cut to the chase - you got downvoted, and instead of acknowledging that Reddit community can be dumb at times, you seek for alternative explanations (aka getting paranoid), because all of the community loves you. These theories make no sense, when you think about them. Some people will hate your guts, just because you are you...

If you want to lash out on me, read this
... just like you hate me, for instance.
And yeah, you will lash out on me, because you hate me. It doesn't matter how right I might be, you will say I'm an asshole, and that I'm wrong.

Because this is how people act of pure emotion, instead of logic and reasoning.

You're going to follow me here too Perq? I guess you sit there with a smug smirk on your face, as you click submit, thinking, "yea, this is it, I've got him, he's mine." You must have a completely great time trolling me. I see you're back with the asshatery. Don't worry, I won't let you down. I see you ended with a note implying "he's an emotional clown."

Let's go backwards at this. Do I hate you? Not enough to try to find your threads to comment on them or troll you like you have me. Who hates who worse? But, yes. I do hate you, you're right on that part. Anyone who read https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1651874/page/5 already knows my distaste for you, as does anyone who read my thread about my new endgame speed run filter. It's not news.

Your comments through the forums that I've read, your narcissistic phrasings, makes me want to vomit. Your attempts at narcissistic self-aggrandisement through belittling me causes me to stand against you. Your posts brim with so many logically fallacious attacks you counter your own implication that you are more logical than I. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies).

Implying, however you might want to deny, that a person who feels emotion doesn't have logic is a fallacious conclusion (false cause, ad hominem). Emotion happens for a reason, Perq. Now, let's move on to the next part.

"
Perq wrote:
Lets cut to the chase - you got downvoted, and instead of acknowledging that Reddit community can be dumb at times, you seek for alternative explanations (aka getting paranoid), because all of the community loves you. These theories make no sense, when you think about them. Some people will hate your guts, just because you are you...

I showed screenshots of how my posts disappeared. Downvoting has nothing to do with making posts disappear in the way that they did. Downvoting isn't the issue, but you missed that since you didn't look, you just lept, as you accuse me of doing.

"
Perq wrote:
You miss the point - all that conspiracy theory around Reddit, which is not controlled by GGG, makes no sense at all. If Reddit is controlled by GGG, isn't their own fucking forum controlled by them, too?
Yet, they allow your conspiracy debunkery agency to roll on their forum, which they clearly can moderate. Wouldn't they simply delete your thread, and ban you, to nobody sees their secret, underground movement?

I find it very interesting that in my original post I share my experience from reddit, and a few people pin "conspiracy theory" on it, including yourself. I state very clearly that GGG has nothing to do with governing /r/pathofexile, nor is /r/pathofexile an official extension of Path of Exile or Grinding Gear Games.

After Heywoody stated:
"... a forum run by volunteers with no monetary goals whatsoever..."

because heywoody made an assertion without supporting evidence, I said:
"you have no proof that the people who run the subreddit don't get compensated in some way [by RMT profiteers]. You have no proof that the people who run the subreddit don't have monetary goals or hidden agendas. You have no proof that the downvoting doesn't happen from people who have hidden profiteering agendas," When I said, "people who have hidden profiteering agendas" profiteering points to those involved in RMT profiteering, which is against the Terms of Use, and therefore must be conducted out of sight of GGG.

If you're going to accuse me of crafting a conspiracy theory, I'd appreciate if you could point out the correct conspiracy theory. My beef is with RMT profiteers.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
This hella reminds me of MMO-Champions Moderation team. Whenever you say anything negative about Blizzard they'll give you temp bans and shit. MMO-Champ totally shills for Blizzard.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
So I've read through most of this thread and I had a thought.

There are so many replies in this post where people talk down to others. Lots of condescending stuff.

A few people here just seem to have a rather abrasive personality. I'd rather look at dank memes than read a wall of text that essentially boils down to Person A telling Person B to go fuck themselves.
"
tsunny wrote:

There are so many replies in this post where people talk down to others. Lots of condescending stuff.

A few people here just seem to have a rather abrasive personality. I'd rather look at dank memes than read a wall of text that essentially boils down to Person A telling Person B to go fuck themselves.

I created this post as insight / warning for new players or players who've not yet visited /r/pathofexile. Not everyone uses or has used reddit, and I think they deserve fair warning. Thus, I shared my experience.

Unfortunately, some comments don't contribute to the discussion.
"
tsunny wrote:

I am more annoyed that people need three paragraphs to say what can be said in three words and think themselves as sophisticated as if inefficient verbosity is a sign of intellect.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Still waiting on the trailer for your video on your totally not paranoid conspiracy theories about reddit.
"
Mythabril wrote:
"
tsunny wrote:

I am more annoyed that people need three paragraphs to say what can be said in three words and think themselves as sophisticated as if inefficient verbosity is a sign of intellect.
Verbosity is a fairly reliable indicator a person thinks themselves smart. If they're inefficient about it, at best it's just not their day. :p
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
BugsyLLJK wrote:
Still waiting on the trailer for your video on your totally not paranoid conspiracy theories about reddit.

That sounds like a good title -

"Hellcat5's Totally Not Paranoid Conspiracy Theories about Reddit /r/pathofexile"

Thanks!
Last edited by Hellcat5 on May 3, 2016, 2:19:10 PM
"
Hellcat5 wrote:
"
tsunny wrote:

I created this post as insight / warning for new players or players who've not yet visited /r/pathofexile. Not everyone uses or has used reddit, and I think they deserve fair warning. Thus, I shared my experience.

Not agreeing with your paranoia = Not contributing?

k, Sir. I think everything has been said by this last sentence.

Off-topic
I'm not reading your wall of text - you're probably calling me stuff there, and I can't be bothered to read it. So, sorry mate, I've had enough.

Yet, I still have right to post anywhere I want, expressing my opinion, so tough shit mate. And I'm not doing it because of you. I do it because I like to write stuff on boards, and because I can. Not everything revolves around you ;) (or me, for same matter).
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 10, 2016, 4:56:23 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"
Hellcat5 wrote:

Not agreeing with your paranoia = Not contributing?

k, Sir. I think everything has been said by this last sentence.

Off-topic
I'm not reading your wall of text - you're probably calling me stuff there, and I can't be bothered to read it. So, sorry mate, I've had enough.

Yet, I still have right to post anywhere I want, expressing my opinion, so tough shit mate. And I'm not doing it because of you. I do it because I like to write stuff on boards, and because I can. Not everything revolves around you ;) (or me, for same matter).

There's an old saying, maybe you've heard it -

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one, and they all stink."

My original post was a presentation of few statements and screenshots of experiences. (which you didn't read or look at before your first comment to my thread) The only conclusion I stated was "If you're looking for an unbiased source of information about path of exile, somewhere you can go to post your thoughts about Path of Exile, Reddit is not the place."

Conversation has to do with discussion, which you don't accomplish through any of the comments you've posted to my threads. Expressing derogatory feelings as though they're fact isn't discussion.

Blindly commenting, because "fuckit I can comment", isn't discussion either.

The topic is "comments disappearing from reddit - GGG has nothing to do with governance of /r/pathofexile."

The thread's purpose is -
"I created this post as insight / warning for new players or players who've not yet visited /r/pathofexile. Not everyone uses or has used reddit, and I think they deserve fair warning. "

The topic is not "is hellcat5 a paranoid fuck that I can't stand?"

The purpose is not -
"let's do whatever to discredit/belittle/troll/bash on hellcat5 because fuck him."

But then, some people take anything I write to be the topic of "is hellcat5 a [insert whatever insult here] fuck that I can't stand?" Just cause trololol. And, no matter how many times you say you're done Perq, you're not done. You always come back because you love it. Just as you'll be back on my threads in the future, saying whatever belittlement comes to your mind at the time, you'll hop over to reddit and do the same. However, I do wish you wouldn't because you don't contribute to discussing the topic, you try to change the topic to "hellcat5's an asshole/idiot/paranoid/whatever"

Perq, I'd shit my pants if you write something that's not derogatory in some way. If you ever do, by all means feel free to link it to me.
Last edited by Hellcat5 on May 10, 2016, 6:50:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info