Remember to always say ty AFTER A TRADE.

"
Bars wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I guess they must have not even seen the offer I made, and just assumed I was willing to play their inflated price. If you are making an offer, is there a particular format that sellers will read so they know it is an offer?

Hi, I'm interested in your (item). Would you consider selling it for (price)?

Yeah, that's the proper way to do it. Players that maintain big shops can't really be expected to remember the price of every item or check it before trade so changing the b/o price in the offer that was copy-pasted from poetrade without notifying the seller is considered a scam attempt.

I've had decent experience with haggling, people rarely get upset as long as you keep your offer within limits of reason, I've had more cases where it was accepted or counteroffered than flat out refused or ignored. That said, haggling is a bit of a shaky ground. Local views will differ so some players may view you as cheapskate if you don't pay the asked price or think you're trying to swindle them and some will actually expect you to try and knock the price a few pegs down.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
awright wrote:
"
Dorithe wrote:
What if they try to lowball you by changing the price in the copied poe.trade text? Do you get to say ty for scam?

lol, a few days ago I had someone try that one me over a consuming dark I had listed for 1ex, he changed the message to 1 chaos, Usually I ignore the messages where they change shit but i said ok, my ho.

He came, we opened trade, I put the 60% consuming into the trade, he put his chaos into the trade, and i fucked off downstairs to make a coffee, then went over to the shops to get some cigs, came back about 20 mins later, the guys still in my fucking hideout lol, said sorry had a phonecall i had to take, so opened trade again, took about another 5 minutes to realise i was winding him up lol

Holy Shit now THAT is fucking amazing. Ill have to remeber this the next time i have someone lie to me about my own prices.. Because this seems to happen more than anything else. \m/

"
Bars wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

I guess they must have not even seen the offer I made, and just assumed I was willing to play their inflated price. If you are making an offer, is there a particular format that sellers will read so they know it is an offer?

Hi, I'm interested in your (item). Would you consider selling it for (price)?

Yeap this is exactly how i do it if im wanting to offer something different that what they are asking.. Tell them their actual price and ask if they are willing to go XX price.

Hi i would like to buy your XXX you have for sale in XXX League, Would you consider taking XXX for it? And make sure its not some huge amount less either.. If they have it way overpriced to begin with i normally wont bother because its an argument waiting to happen.

This also works if you are wanting to do equivalent in other currencies.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Apr 23, 2016, 5:27:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info