[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

Any Flasks you can recommend for softcore breach? (expensive ones are fine)

thanks
This is my typical T15 map flask setup

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

those ones are for uber lab runs, traps = a lot of instant life flasks needed

Last edited by Elua on Dec 26, 2016, 7:07:31 PM
It looks like you don't run any chaos resistance on gear. Is that something I should avoid?
"
jman1986 wrote:
It looks like you don't run any chaos resistance on gear. Is that something I should avoid?

Yes, caping chaos resistance is very hard so most ppl just skip this one.
Got to lvl 90, which is highest i've ever reached :)

Any advice on which part of gear i'd need to replace next?
I got about 4 ex available.

@Bloemist your gear looks ok. Maybe try farm second steel ring and craft it. Those have mostly overpriced posts on poe.trade. Another thing is your belt. Try get as close to "42% increased elemental damage with weapons" one.

4ex is not enough to make your bow 6L ( this needs 10ex = 1500 fusing on Vorici crafting station ) so maybe buy Taste of Hate flask.
Not sure how your jewel looks, % life jewels are quite expensive so maybe it's time to get those ones too.

Linking you jewel and flask setup or unlocking char tab in privacy setting will help decide what is most important.

Another thing I suggest replace CWDT setup: change phase run for immortal call + temporal chains.

You can put phase run in that solo gem slot in bow on bottom and use manually sometimes if you want pass through mob pack.
Last edited by Elua on Dec 25, 2016, 8:47:36 AM
With the 2.5 buffs to totem nodes, most if not all other totem based builds switched from Chieftain to Berserker, any particular reason why this build sticks to the Chieftain?
"
OwlRaider wrote:
With the 2.5 buffs to totem nodes, most if not all other totem based builds switched from Chieftain to Berserker, any particular reason why this build sticks to the Chieftain?

This build got low dps if compared to warchief totems, and needs leech to keep totmes and player alive. Siege ballista kills pack relatively slowly, but kills multiple pack at once if compared to warchief totem. Clearing speed on open map like springs is better, boss killing speed is much slower. I think leech is optimal for siege ballista, taunt on ballistas + knockback from projectile weakness works great. That all make slower, but much more relaxed gameplay style. Berserker is like being constantly on edge: kill or be killed.
I personally also hate that taunt component of any warcry, that is very risky and don't make any sense if you use totems.

This build was before played as Deadeye, changing into Chieftain was after Atlas release when I realized this build needs much better survivability on T15+ maps.
Last edited by Elua on Dec 26, 2016, 7:05:55 PM
Would this build benefit from dying sun ruby flask?
"
jman1986 wrote:
Would this build benefit from dying sun ruby flask?

From "30% increased Area of Effect during Flask Effect" nope.

Only "2 additional Projectiles during Flask Effect" this will work, but it's minor thing, not helpful when killing single targets.

So overall for this build are better flasks. And Dying Sun is most expensive flask in this league, another reason to avoid it.
Last edited by Elua on Dec 27, 2016, 1:37:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info