[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

what shoes/belt/rings/necklaces do i get for nearing end game? im currently level 69

ive bought rats nest and the bow already, just looking to get more gear before investing in 20q gems, or should i be doing that first? if so, what gems do i get first?

thank you!
"
Elua wrote:
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
Somewhere in the last 18 pages it's been discussed, but my search isn't coming up with anything.

During mid-level play how would the combination of the Skirmish quivver (loss of pierce chance) and Iron Commander work? That'd give you four totems pretty easily. There is no DPS and Life bonus on Skirmish, however.
Or Death's Harp/Opus? That gives the Totem the extra shot(s), right?

If we talking about mid-levels Skirmish is option for 19-35 lvl only, because its very weak if you compare it to Drillneck giving +100% dmg. And I don't think it's great option, at 19-35 lvl main skill is Split Arrow, not Siege Ballista. Spamming 2 totems in this time can cause serious mana problems and not increase clearing speed much. Iron Commander requires 32 lvl, same lvl for much better Death's Harp which one I suggest use.
Possibility of having 4 totems are very bad idea, why you need 4 weak totems if you can have one totem to do all job in much shoter, less mana consuming and less cast-stop way?
Iron Commander is garbage bow, that thing is disgusting.

Here are list of mid-tier gear you need to make leveling super efficient, and pure pleasure:

Tried it.
Worked 'OK' up to about 44, when I did my Death's Opus prophecy and switched out both Skirmish and Iron Commander for Opus and Drillneck.
The overall DPS went up considerably so the 'two hard hitting totems versus four anemic ones' is rock solid truth.
Unfortunately, GGG took a good idea - a Strong totem build - and once again gimped its potential back down to 2 which is an effective damage limiter. I'll play this build up as far as I can before it becomes mind numbingly boring (which is always around level 82-86 where the map grind becomes flat out pointless).
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on Jul 3, 2016, 12:59:06 AM
"
clockerrs11 wrote:
what shoes/belt/rings/necklaces do i get for nearing end game? im currently level 69

ive bought rats nest and the bow already, just looking to get more gear before investing in 20q gems, or should i be doing that first? if so, what gems do i get first?

thank you!

Rat's nest it's great IF you are 90+ lvl and got strong gear. Before this I recommend put it in stash and use rare helmet with life and resist.
It's hard to advise what gear you should buy, easiest way is simply go into my profile and check "Hibikiprophecy" gear.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Elua/characters

You need res cap FIRST. Then you need all items 70+ life EACH. You need 7% life jewels + some dmg. You need Kintsugi robe. When you got OK boots and gloves you need uber lab enchants. Then you need buy Rat's nest WITH 40% Siege Ballista enchant on it, and this is almost last part of gearing process.
Last edited by Elua on Jul 4, 2016, 10:08:17 AM
Is there way to increase ballista reaction time?
I mean the moment when it placed, to moment when it start shooting.

Its soo long!

I played ballista little bit at the beginning of the league, very enjoyed it, but stopped because of this. I wanted a more aggressive gameplay.

This is especially felt when playing in a party.

Maybe i missed something and it can be boosted?
(I felt totem placement speed / attack speed does not affect on it)

If it can't be boosted, if it has fixed reaction time, didnt you think its unfairly slow?

Maybe we should put pressure on the GGG because of this? :)
Last edited by zxfx on Jul 5, 2016, 7:39:11 AM
"
zxfx wrote:
Is there way to increase ballista reaction time?
I mean the moment when it placed, to moment when it start shooting.

Its soo long!

I played ballista little bit at the beginning of the league, very enjoyed it, but stopped because of this. I wanted a more aggressive gameplay.

This is especially felt when playing in a party.

Maybe i missed something and it can be boosted?
(I felt totem placement speed / attack speed does not affect on it)

If it can't be boosted, if it has fixed reaction time, didnt you think its unfairly slow?

Maybe we should put pressure on the GGG because of this? :)

I'm not sure you played my Siege Ballista build, your privacy setting don't allow me to see your characters. But I think you don't. I never got that delay feeling in party, during 6 man daily Zana rotations, other masters or Gorge map rotas.

Siege Ballista reaction time depends mostly on your total attack speed and projectiles speed. In my build that is almost highest priority, so that combined with high build mobility I feel very aggressive and easy able to lead party attack. Such things are not possible in Flame totem build or crit / poison Ballista versions.

If you can plz make fully buffed hideout Siege Ballista screenshot and set privacy setting off, so I can identify possible gear / build problems.
Last edited by Elua on Jul 5, 2016, 9:12:12 AM
How does spell echo work with ballistas? will the ballistas shoot twise as fast?
Thx for a exellent guide btw :)
"
Qumulus wrote:
How does spell echo work with ballistas? will the ballistas shoot twise as fast?
Thx for a exellent guide btw :)

LOL spell echo is for caster ( blue ) gems, and don't work at all with Siege Ballista.

You can use spell echo as lightning golem suport only in this build. It's helps, but it is very minor thing, not necessary.
Why I asked about spell echo is that I took a shrine that gave me spellecho or something similar and the ballistas shoot as if under the influence of spell echo.
Must have bin something else I guess :D
Possible to turn this into a MF toon?
"
GiMiK06 wrote:
Possible to turn this into a MF toon?

nope

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info