[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

Any progress with Blade Flurry version of the build?
Or still waiting for patch notes?
I would be very interested in Blade Flurry, 1h sword, non crit, max block version of the build :)
Right now, I'm using:

Blade Flurry + Added Fire Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical to Lightning

Swap PtL with Concentrated Effect for better single target.

Using Varunastra version of the build with BoR. Using a sword I don't think damage could be good enough with this part of the tree.

Considering that Blade Flurry will be a popular skill this league, I don't feel like with this build could work good enough compared to others, because Poison w/ Crit seems the right choice for the skill. And you can't scale poison damage with this build.

But, on the other hand, works decent enough on high tiers and is enjoyable to play with it.
All will depend on patch notes. But i was thinking about Formless Inferno, Aegis Aurora and 6L chest version of the build. The majority of people will propably play shadow and prices for daggers etc gonna be insane. On other hands 1h swords and foils can still be nice for this build.
We will see :)
"
mas_mariano wrote:
Right now, I'm using:

Blade Flurry + Added Fire Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical to Lightning

Swap PtL with Concentrated Effect for better single target.

Using Varunastra version of the build with BoR. Using a sword I don't think damage could be good enough with this part of the tree.

Considering that Blade Flurry will be a popular skill this league, I don't feel like with this build could work good enough compared to others, because Poison w/ Crit seems the right choice for the skill. And you can't scale poison damage with this build.

But, on the other hand, works decent enough on high tiers and is enjoyable to play with it.

I think Varunastra is a bit over-rated myself. It's pretty low pDPS and the pay-off isn't really there. You can buy a ~280-320 PDPS Dragoon Sword (12% bleed w/ Voidheart you get up to 85-92% bleed chance + Poison) for cheaper and these swords have way higher APS which is super important to scale your more and increased attack speed multipliers. From STR and the tree you can get upwards of 600% increased damage @ lvl 90. Considering you'd rather go to the left side of the tree there are a lot of cheap to grab attack speed / increased damage nodes. To make the best use of Varunastra you have to towards Ranger and it's a bit out of the way (you're spending more points to get to the best Varu nodes..).

Also if you're going Blade Flurry you probably want to play Aegis because one of the best support gems for the skill is Melee Damage on Full Life. If you go Bleed/Poisons and Voidheart Ring (which is a lot more DPS imho than having another steel ring for instance) then you'd run a better BF setup in:

Melee Phys Damage, Melee Damage on Full Life, Faster Attacks, Added Chaos Damage, Increased AoE (Conc. for bosses).

Now you're talking about a ton of more multipliers and bleeds/poison scaling. On top of that you can run Witchfire Brew which is really good since you all ready want to run bleeds anyways, and it's easy to keep up almost all the time. This means once you start upgrading your gear over the course of the league you get to have the nice added effect of this flask for your damage AS well as getting to run Enfeeble alongside it's Vulnerability aura effect (+1 curse Anvil amulets should be fairly easy to upgrade into as the league gets older). The build just scales better imho.

I mean your BF setup just doesn't make much sense to me...
"
sultangurde wrote:
All will depend on patch notes. But i was thinking about Formless Inferno, Aegis Aurora and 6L chest version of the build. The majority of people will propably play shadow and prices for daggers etc gonna be insane. On other hands 1h swords and foils can still be nice for this build.
We will see :)

Yeah I think that will be the best version of the build, but it's also much more expensive. I could see myself using BoR until upgrading into those pieces. I feel like Bleed/Poison BF Gladiator will be the most versatile version since you'll have very high defensive capabilities with really good damage. Plus you get a ton of regen (5.4% from tree) and life gain from The Anvil + Atziri's Splendour (+ I have .02 leech on tree), so you can also run maps that have no regen mod. Due to this you don't need to run a health flask so you can run 3 utility/damage flasks in Atziri's, Lions Roar & Witchfire Brew + 2 complimentary in The Overflowing Chalice (go up to almost 10% life regen with this and it keeps up your other flasks easily so you don't have to spec into the ranger side of the tree) & Quicksilver.

I'm pretty excited for the build since it's not too often you get to run 3 huge more multipliers on such a tanky build to have really good DPS because of how good Blade Flurry is :p
@Rays727

Yea, i will propably start with BoR too.
Here is tree i was thinking about. This is a draft version, so feel free to comment on it.

www.poeurl.com/RIL

Auras propably standard Hatred, Herald of Ash and Arctic Armour.
Still not sure about ascendancy.
Will this be good with Lacerate or no?
Also with your statement " Final decision was based on the fact that all Guardians are bleed immune" is wrong. Half of them is bleed immune while the other half is poison immune.
I tried a bit Lacerate during last league but I don't like it. I remember some people said that Lacerate works for them using this build. But is not one of my favorites.

If you try this build and find Lacerate a good choice for highest tiers, please share your setup. Thanks.

About Guardians, you're right. I will correct that on next guide update after patch notes.
"
mas_mariano wrote:
I tried a bit Lacerate during last league but I don't like it. I remember some people said that Lacerate works for them using this build. But is not one of my favorites.

If you try this build and find Lacerate a good choice for highest tiers, please share your setup. Thanks.

About Guardians, you're right. I will correct that on next guide update after patch notes.

Do you plan making a major overhaul on required gear? There were these items laying around in Standard stash, was wondering if they could be used with the skill point reset before the next league.

Last edited by Millennium on Nov 29, 2016, 2:08:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info