[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
mas_mariano wrote:
Well, just realized that today, this post reaches 40 pages of Q&A since Essence league began. Just one month and a half ago... Thanks to all!

Thank you Mas_Mariano! :D
I've just had my questions answered and I was just thinking it's really great of you to help people and share your experience and knowledge in this area of the game. I've had a blast so far playing a good tanky character and it really helps to have this focused thread to help us all do that better :)

EG: I was having Mana troubles last night and was having to stop attacking to let my Mana build up again so I could keep going - but your comments about getting a Mana Leech node really helped. A small amount of Mana Leech is enough (for me) to keep ploughing on without stopping :)

~

SirChickenOfNugget
Last edited by Bugnaz on Oct 18, 2016, 5:28:22 PM
"
mas_mariano wrote:

- Amplify: worthy, but not if you use Static Strike, because is single target and explosions are not considered attacks, so no AoE modifiers apply.

- Totem: best DPS from Protector, but just a few more. I prefer Warchief because of the smash-smash-smash :)

- Life: should be around 5K-5.5K at level 90. Maybe you take too many damage nodes before going for life, I strongly recommend you pick life first and then damage. Plus, life on each piece of gear is really important. You need at least 4.5K life to be comfortable.

I use Sunder and keep forgetting to swap to Static Strike (+WED & PtL) for bosses! ;)

I prefer Protector too, as I always pop it down while looking at loot / my inventory - it's the smash-smash-smash I like that lets me know more mobs are near. (Edit:) Swapped to Protector as I got the +25% Damage Increase enchant for it.

I had some Skill Points saved (I normally play with 6 or so unspent, so I can react to what I seem to be needing) so I've put those into some Health, thanks. I should be able to get a lot of Health mods on items too as my resistances should be good without Res Mods.

I had a lot of trouble with resistances on my previous char so this time I got what I could with Skill Points to help ease the pressure on equipment.

I got:
15pts to All from Cloth and Chain
15pts to All from Diamond skin
28pts to All from Sanctuary
6pts to All and 8pts to Fire from Barbarism

Resistances are all very high atm (with current Res gear), so I can now focus on getting new Chaos Res gear to balance it all out.

(Edit:) Changed gloves and belt, resistances are at:
Fire: 76 (82)
Cold: 75 (85)
Lightning: 75 (80)
Chaos 33

[Updated 30-10-16]

Currently at lvl 85 with 3,710 HP's.
3 Skill Points to spend.

Get the rest of the HP's around Constitution
Pick up By The Blade
Pick up Hatchet Master.

Skill Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcBIcFLQY5BosKJgz3E0wTyRQgFHEV7BfhGj4g4yFgJvgoKimlL8wwdzJONZI8LT0PPfxAoESeRrdHfk4yT31QR1FgU7tYY1n-Xz9f2mEhYuxkUmVNZadnm2hlbztyqXTtdPF2rHfjeWh673zZfuKAVoIHg1-DzITZhO-K8ItPjM-PmZL3l3mbLaluqZWsr62Nrj6uUK-ntoq3PrkdvTa-p8AawL_BBMGCwaPEFcT2xq7G2MqQz37Tb9i92XzaweJh5FHpRuoY7w7yL_Pd9kj3MvgC-Ov-Cv5r?accountName=Bugnaz&characterName=SirChickenofNugget

Items:
Spoiler

(I swap out Ming's Heart if I don't need the Chaos Resist, or I'm playing with others and need a Cry for taunting.)

~

SirChickenOfNugget

[Updated 14-12-16]

Items:
Spoiler

Skill Path:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcBIcFLQY5BosKJgz3E0wTyRQgFHEV7BfhGj4g4yFgJJsm-CgqKaUvzDB3Mk41kjwtPQ89_ECgQXREnka3R35N404yT31QR1FgU7tYY1n-Xz9f2mEhYuxkUmVNZadnm2hlbNhvO3KpdO108Xasd-N5aHrvfNl-4oBWggeDX4PMhNmE74rwi0-Mz4-ZkveXeZstqW6playvrY2uPq5Qr6e2irc-uR29Nr54vqfAGsC_wQTBgsGjxBXE9sauxtjKkM9-02_Yvdl82sHiYeRR6UbqGO8O8i_yRfPd9kj3MvdN-AL46_4K_mv-jw==?accountName=Bugnaz&characterName=SirChickenofNugget
Last edited by Bugnaz on Dec 3, 2016, 8:52:14 PM
Thanks for the Build @mas_mariano

I'm new on PoE and is my first char, I'm really enjoying ur build.

But i have some questions, maybe u can help me .

1-To end game (T15-16 maps/ Guardians/ Shaper /Atiziri Uber) which version of the build you feel better?
BoR or 6L+Aegis+Varunastra ?

2-in version 6L+Aegis+Varunastra how get endurance charges in Guardians and others bosses if they are immunes to stun?
Or using a counter attack with "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun" and "Stun" to gain the 3 charges works a well?

3-What u think about use Enduring Cry to get endurance charges? I Tryed today just for test "Cast when damage taken"+ "Blood Magic"+ "Enduring Cry" but not works :p

4-Using Varunastra, in Passive Tree if i take "Deadly Dilettante" i will go take 72% increasead physical dmg? (3x24%).. and in any other skill Passive in Tree who give (speed/ Dmg / Critical/)for different weapons at the same point?

sorry for so many questions
Last edited by OzzyBurn on Oct 20, 2016, 12:29:51 AM
Hey

I got question. How did u get so many letter in the static strike skill. I dont know how to write this. U have only 2-3 link items. Soul taker AXE has 3 linked slots

I follow your guide, found all these gems and it shows only 2 letters.
Last edited by Venereal_infection on Oct 19, 2016, 8:27:33 PM
"
Hey

I got question. How did u get so many letter in the static strike skill. I dont know how to write this. U have only 2-3 link items. Soul taker AXE has 3 linked slots

I follow your guide, found all these gems and it shows only 2 letters.

I believe three of these are from the Bringer of Rain helm. It supports linked skills with Melee Physical Strike, Faster Attacks and Blind. The other three are socketed support gems.
Last edited by Bugnaz on Oct 20, 2016, 12:56:51 PM
may i ask how can you get that much armor?
So I took a break and played the "King of the Forest" build and found it to be good... but kind of unrewarding and goofy feeling to play. I was upset that this build had survivability issues later in the game in group play. Solo he's AMAZING. So I rebuilt my block Gladiator sacrificing a chunk of damage to boost my survivability by a lot. I can face tank the Minotaur now. Just staying out of the falling rocks lets me never get 1 or 2 shot by anything anymore (when block lets one through).

After doing a brainstorming session with my two teammates we found this build to work really well utilizing a warcry to keep aggro. I desperately need to find some good steel rings and better gloves / jewels to support this build. However I REALLY like being a complete Juggernaut who can still solo clear maps very very quickly. Sunder blowing up packs makes mapping a breeze even with the reduced raw damage. In team fights the stacking auras really shore up the missing damage from passives.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHnBIcEswUtBosKJgthDF8M9xNME8kUIBRNFHEV7BfhGJEaPhpVHKcg4yb4KS4uUy_MMHcyTjWSNug64TwtPfxAoEd-TeNOMlBHU6VVqVhjWf5fP1_aYSFi7GRSZU1lp2hlaPJqAWzYbpdyqXTtdqx5OXrve3R8uHzZfuKCB4Nfg8yE2YTvivCMz4-ZkveXtJ7Nn8uiAKZXpzCplayvrlCvbLaKtz65HbyfvTa-eL6nwGbAv8GCwaPEFcT2xq7KkM9-0iHTb9i92XzaweJh5FHpRunV6hjvDvAf8i_yQfJF8pzz3fZI9zL3vvgC-Ov8S_4K_o8=?accountName=squ1shed&characterName=Karimilishel

The main reason I took such a pick-axe to the build was because this guide let me get my feet wet in figuring out how the mechanics not only worked on paper but how to predict how potential changes would play out. I still heavily recommend Mas's original build though!

The pros/cons are pretty self explanatory here. I dropped a lot of attack nodes for life/armor/leech and picked up the utility nodes for stun immunity and less damage taken from critical hits.

CHANGES?!

The change I might want to do is abandon Lust for Carnage and go for Vitality Void in order to use Static Strike instead of Cleave for Bosses and keep the high amount of life leech. I actually really like this idea since so much of our damage comes from elemental.

Oh and I swap Hatred for the armor aura while I'm running in a group.
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
Last edited by squ1shed on Oct 20, 2016, 5:30:38 PM
Has anyone tried using Frenzy to keep up frenzy charges during boss fights?
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
"
HOLLA wrote:
mas_mariano, no thank YOU for taking the time to make the guide, and still answer questions for this long. Thanks for the reply to my question aswell, it helps a lot. You mention using contempt essence on steel ring, I am wondering though, what is your opinion on the essence of hysteria? for rings it gives 10% of your physical damage as fire! Again, thanks for all your hard work :)

Essence of Hysteria sounds interesting. I don't know if final DPS output is way better or don't. But one thing for sure, crafting a decent ring will be more expensive, because you still need high life roll plus resistances (and maybe INT).
"
OzzyBurn wrote:
Thanks for the Build @mas_mariano

I'm new on PoE and is my first char, I'm really enjoying ur build.

But i have some questions, maybe u can help me .

1-To end game (T15-16 maps/ Guardians/ Shaper /Atiziri Uber) which version of the build you feel better?
BoR or 6L+Aegis+Varunastra ?

2-in version 6L+Aegis+Varunastra how get endurance charges in Guardians and others bosses if they are immunes to stun?
Or using a counter attack with "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun" and "Stun" to gain the 3 charges works a well?

3-What u think about use Enduring Cry to get endurance charges? I Tryed today just for test "Cast when damage taken"+ "Blood Magic"+ "Enduring Cry" but not works :p

4-Using Varunastra, in Passive Tree if i take "Deadly Dilettante" i will go take 72% increasead physical dmg? (3x24%).. and in any other skill Passive in Tree who give (speed/ Dmg / Critical/)for different weapons at the same point?

sorry for so many questions

Glad you like it! About your questions:

1. I always recommend BoR main version of the build. Is easier to gear and cheaper and final outcome is great for any map up to T15 or Guardian (Shaper cannot be done).
2. Not only Guardians. Is really difficult to stun bosses with this build and stun mechanics are not reliable imo. So Endurance Charge generation is kinda poor with 6L+Aegis. But truth is that this is not a main concern. Your survivability relies on block and Aegis replenish.
3. Enduring Cry doesn't work on CWDT, you have to self cast it.
4. Yes, that's the great thing about Varunastra, double/triple dips.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info