[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

Hi,I got one question.Is it necessary to link with "Fortify" in exchange for "ADD Fire" to get more tankier when using "Static Strike" on Higher maps? Thanks for reply.
IGN: Beyiam
Love the build! I just converted my character over. I still have to upgrade my rings and gloves and redo my Bandit choices, as well as work on my jewels..but its still working great.

Couple of questions for anyone who may know... how many endurance charges should I be proccing? Right now, its only when sometimes when I jump into the middle of a big pack..and its due to my BoR.

Will Cast Endurance Charge On Melee Stun work with Leap Slam? Or only shield charge? Leap slam is knock back..but not sure if it qualifies as a stun.

Last edited by fievelgoespostal on Oct 15, 2016, 2:41:33 PM
"
Love the build! I just converted my character over. I still have to upgrade my rings and gloves and redo my Bandit choices, as well as work on my jewels..but its still working great.

Couple of questions for anyone who may know... how many endurance charges should I be proccing? Right now, its only when sometimes when I jump into the middle of a big pack..and its due to my BoR.

Will Cast Endurance Charge On Melee Stun work with Leap Slam? Or only shield charge? Leap slam is knock back..but not sure if it qualifies as a stun.

And last question... Will Item Quantity or other support skills like Culling Strike work when linked with Ancestral Warchief?

Of course they would work. There is no reason why they shouldn't.

I have a different question, I corrupted my anvil and got +1 curses, so my question is what curse auras would you suggest using instead of herald of ash and hatred. Perhaps Conductivity and Vulnerability?
Last edited by Bashmaistora on Oct 15, 2016, 2:48:54 PM
I feel like throwing my two cents in for a couple of questions asked in this thread. I am by no means an expert. Please let me know if this is not my place.

"

Those methods would work, but I have found that by far the best method for generating endurance charges for this build is: reckoning linked to stun and endurance charge on stun. If you can spare the sockets, this setup will constantly keep you at max stacks. If you can't spare the sockets, my personal preference would be just to link enduring cry with blood magic for good old fashioned manual cast. This is the setup I use when facing any hard boss.

"
Hi,I got one question.Is it necessary to link with "Fortify" in exchange for "ADD Fire" to get more tankier when using "Static Strike" on Higher maps? Thanks for reply.

You would lose a lot of damage by switching added fire damage to fortify. This is concerning for a build who's biggest weakness is DPS. What I would suggest is linking shield bash (or any movement skill) with faster attacks and fortify. Charge into every pack, and bosses every few seconds and it should be very easy to keep the fortify buff up permanently without losing any damage. This is especially easy with soul taker as you don't need to sacrifice another gem slot with blood magic.

And now, an update about my build:
Spoiler
I have firmly decided against BoR at this point in time. I am currently running lioneye's with a 6l chest. I had to sacrifice a few damage passives to grab an extra block wheel. The sacrifice I feel is worth it to get the extra freedom of a 6l chest. I have decided to use earthquake, just because I love the skill and not necessarily because it is more effective. My links are: EQ - extra physical damage, added fire damage, increased/concentrated effect, reduced duration and rapid decay.

One of my first realizations was that I was dealing damage very inefficiently. Due to the very high attack speed of soul taker, I was attacking 3-4 times before my aftershock would proc. Thus, I felt like a change to the build was needed. I picked up a 20 quality reduced duration gem for even less skill duration and got rid of anvil in favor of warped timepiece. Once I optimize my jewels, I should be at 73% block chance with lioneyes and 75% block chance with aegis if I ever do switch. Once I get slightly more life, I can grind uber lab fairly easily with hopes of getting the earthquake reduced duration enchant. If my calculations are correct, I should easily be able to reach 4 attacks and 4 aftershock procs a second (at a 1:1 ratio) when my build is finalized. So far I have slightly under 4 attacks per second and 2 EQ procs per second. So far I am really enjoying this build and am finding the change to warped timepiece to be very effective. Honestly, I am not really noticing the reduced block chance in any significant way.

Last edited by PoniesAndDaggers on Oct 15, 2016, 4:02:08 PM
Can someone show me that this build is guardian viable ? video maybe ? :)
I love aegis maxblock builds, but not sure if it can farm guardians/uber izaro without problems...
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
Hello,
where did you get the int and dex for the gems without enchanting attributes on gear?
in practice, how reliable is violent retaliation damage proc?

i know the op picked it for the guardian coz its immune to bleeding, but i don't want to pick an ascendancy point just for guardian (something i prolly try it once and never do it again).
for non-guardian general mapping purpose, the 80% increase damage against map bosses seem like a lot compare to what blood in the eyes give. though blood in the eye does have a 6% dmg reduction. hmm, help me decide ...
Last edited by pooplord_420 on Oct 16, 2016, 2:55:43 AM
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
Majad wrote:
Conclusion, early league start, focus on Granite and Jade flasks ONLY (with increased amour/es, respectively, and extra charges, increased duration or reduced charges (best mod)). Don't even bother with Basalt flasks or if you're low on budget/don't have the patience to pick up a lot of rares while mapping). After a few weeks in the league, this is less of an issue since you'll have more currency and you can start focusing on getting those amazing mods to get an amazing Basalt (armour and at least 25% reduced charges used ONLY. All other mods combos suck, imo).

Edit: This feels a lot like min max stuff but I think flasks are very important to a character's survivability that a lot of people just outright ignore. I'd like your thoughts on what I wrote, Mariano.

I agree all you said. Flask are extremely important and usually overlooked. Because I usually spam a lot of flasks (more than needed usually) I like quick recharge flasks. Plus, two uses before refill, for the same reason.

That's why I always stay with Hallowed.

While mapping, good utility flask usage is totally mandatory when dealing with certain mods like elemental weakness or extra elemental damage for example. Or certain bosses.

Basalt with 25% reduction is way better than granite+jade combo, no doubt about it. But as you stated is more difficult and expensive to get (dunno how much really) and Granite+Jade combo seems to me good enough and so easy to get. I will include this on next update, because when you already got all you need, is good to know how to improve even more your gear and that Basalt seems a great improvement.

I did some experiment, and here is the result.

My armor is 12621. At level 94, it means 55% physical damage reduction. So I take 45% of the damage.

With both Granite and Jade on, my armor becomes 38955 and reduction is 79%. So I take 21% of the damage.

With Basalt on, my armor becomes 16556 and the reduction is 82%. So I take 18% of the damage.

So Basalt is way better in this case (like 15% less physical damage taken)

BTW, you only need 23% charges reduction (the charges used will be truncated, not rounded, so 40 * 0.77 = 30.8 => 30). It took me < 20 alters to get one.
Spoiler

unbuff 23k dps
full buff 44k dps cleave + conc effect

how can boost more damage pls

LodotA
Very nice build to play and very very tanky! Can facetank almost anything... Died at lvl 85 with 6k life to a volatile mob (map mod was +20% life and 30% incr. dmg.)
The map is also very fun to play in pvp :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info