[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
eviL_Bison wrote:
"

So being able to do 3 auras > damage output?

Honest question btw..

Yes and no, beeing ab le to cast 2 50% auras or 3 aura's is a benefit for usability and survivability. With ST you don't rely on leech or other mechanics, you can still use your attacks. Means here no regen/no leech map mods for example are a joke where most other builds struggle. Its just the most comfortable weapon out there, but not the strongest.

I hope this answers your question Frau Schneider (sorry I had to)

That's a very clear answer, thanks! I'll keep my Varunastra for the time being, the build's already quite tanky and mobile, just a bit lacking on the dps side compared to what I'm used to, I was hoping Varunastra would somehow level the playing field a bit. Haven't taken the dps nodes yet, so we'll see..
Very nice build. It is somewhat cheap, can do t15s with some minor adjustments and it is pretty safe to level up.

BUT it's a melee build. And melee skill gems SUCK atm. The only real option was Earthquake pre-nerf. Now it has mediocre damage as well. Static Strike is good for bosses, but absolutely AWFUL for clearspeed. The options for clearing trash are all mediocre at best now.

I'll bookmark this guide hoping the next patches fix somehow the melee skill gems current state, but my advice is to stay away from this build unless you want to try a maxblock build and already have the items for it.
I ran a very similar build in Perandus league and am hoping to recreate it in Essence. The main difference between our builds is that I decided to use a doryani's catalyst instead of a seige taker. I had more elemental damage in the tree and ran hatred with blasphemy-warlord's mark. What is your opinion of running this with a catalyst? I am having a hard time deciding between the two weapons as they both seem like good budget options. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
Just wanted to share with u my latest setup with aegis.

Changed +1 end charges from bandits for +1 frenzy and bought the Anvil with +1 frenzy charges. Warden's brand gives nice way to get frenzy charges when I can't run blood rage and balances phys damage when I took off BoR/Abyssus. Death's door are just death's door, what to say more. I have 49% chaos res + 35% from atziri promise, so no problem with cap it. Now I'm going to move portal out and place vaal haste on its socket, then put minion life or dmg on helmet to make ancestral warchief a bit stronger.
Also linked vulnerability to shield charge, much better than using cwdt+vulnerability or counterattack+curse on hit with vulnerability.
Thinking about The Vertex too.
Last edited by filevandrell on Oct 12, 2016, 7:33:30 AM
"
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
"

I do have a question though, I have both Varunastra and ST at medium roll (I'll grab a good one from trade later after I've decided on which to go), I'm planning on going Varunastra but still wondering why the majority of people in this forum still opted for ST instead. Am I missing something important?

ST's Unique Mod which allows to reserve 100% mana and do attacks without bloodmagic.
Varunastra has this downside, but offers way more damage.

Thats why.

So being able to do 3 auras > damage output?

Honest question btw..

I strongly suggest the main version based on BoR + Soul Taker. Mostly because the other two versions doesn't gives you so much in exchange of what they cost and the effort the gear them.

As Bison stated, Soul Taker gives you the chance to forget about mana issues. You don't rely on leech in any case. Varunastra is expensive compared to Soul Taker and when I test both versions, I only got some improvement around 6% more damage, let's say 10% as maximum (keeping AA on both versions).

BoR + Soul Taker proves to me and a lot of other players that is good enough to any T15 map or Guardian, so you don't really need that 5%-10% boost on damage in any case. And always you could improve the Soul Taker version with expensive gear (enchant on helm/boots, great Steel Rings and Spiked Gloves and so on).

This build was created on Perandus, at that time I used Varunastra and when I move to Soul Taker (after league end) I remove it from OP. But then, Varunastra came again as Divination Cards and lot of people ask about it, so I put all together in a section for those interested in.

Hope this answer your question, if not, tell me any specific you need to know.
"
Tizer wrote:
Making this build at the moment.

Do you not use a golem with it?

"
eviL_Bison wrote:
@Tizer full reservation of your mana means there's no mana, you need to link a golem to blood magic, CWDT or turn of an aura before cast. Its possible but uncomfortable tho. And we're lacking sockets.

I don't use a golem for the two reasons stated by Bison. CWDT is already full with BR+TS+Enfeeble and there's no sockets left for Golem. In any case, if you decide to use them (Chaos or Fire, of course) you could remove FA from Shield Charge and choose to remove one gem from 2x Vaal Haste + Inc. Duration setup and then put Golem + Blood Magic.
"
Punckanuto wrote:
Hello, amazing build having a blast so far! but I have a few issues regarding damage, I currently use static strike and my tooltip says 57k I am not sure if thats enough for endgame. Here is my gear

"

I know the rings miss life, but what else can I improve? Thanks

Damage will depends a lot on your tree too. I got 76K Static Strike tooltip at level 90. About your gear:

- You don't use Ancestral Warchief or Vaal Haste, both are huge damage boost for boss fights.
- Gloves can be improved with new base Spiked Gloves and Attack Speed on them.
- I don't know if you use Atziri's Promise flask, another huge boost to damage.
- Your Soul Taker axe could be improved with a better one, an almost perfect roll on it is really worthy.

Glad you like the build!
"
I ran a very similar build in Perandus league and am hoping to recreate it in Essence. The main difference between our builds is that I decided to use a doryani's catalyst instead of a seige taker. I had more elemental damage in the tree and ran hatred with blasphemy-warlord's mark. What is your opinion of running this with a catalyst? I am having a hard time deciding between the two weapons as they both seem like good budget options. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Prior to making this guide, I used Doryani's Catalyst with this build (well, a similar one quite some time ago). I prefer Soul Taker because I think Marauder/Duelist area got better nodes for axes. Plus, forgetting about mana is really comfortable and allows you to put Hatred + HoA + AA (and you don't need to choose between damage or survivability).

If you decided to go with Doryani's, then Static Strike with PtL seems mandatory and you should take the route to Discipline & Training to get Blunt Instrument.
"
filevandrell wrote:
Just wanted to share with u my latest setup with aegis.

Changed +1 end charges from bandits for +1 frenzy and bought the Anvil with +1 frenzy charges. Warden's brand gives nice way to get frenzy charges when I can't run blood rage and balances phys damage when I took off BoR/Abyssus. Death's door are just death's door, what to say more. I have 49% chaos res + 35% from atziri promise, so no problem with cap it. Now I'm going to move portal out and place vaal haste on its socket, then put minion life or dmg on helmet to make ancestral warchief a bit stronger.
Also linked vulnerability to shield charge, much better than using cwdt+vulnerability or counterattack+curse on hit with vulnerability.
Thinking about The Vertex too.

Did you stun enough bosses with this build? I'm kinda disappointed with Stun mechanics and I feel like is not reliable. Nevertheless, that ring choice seems an interesting one instead of Blood Dance Boots, you loose life, right, but same case on boots. And on the other hand, even if is not good enough to gain FC against bosses, boots doesn't even gives you that chance.

About The Vertex, I have my doubts with your gear. You already loose life on boots and one ring. Maybe loosing life in helm too is a considerable drawback.
My Char is now lvl 74, clearing T6 maps with ease.

Actual Gear:

I had to make a compromise with the gear to get it going. But it now works fine. Even phys reflect maps are a joke and not a thread at all. (Check the video)

Skilltree

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAQHcBIcFLQaLCiYM9xNMFCAUcRXsF-EY2xo-IOMhYCb4KCoppS4jL8wwdzGeMk41kjboPfxAoEZpRrdHfk3jTjJQR1hjWK9Z_l8_X9pi7GRSZU1nm2zYbztyqXTtdPF2rHfjeA15OXloeu982X7iggeE2YTvivCLT4-Zk5mXeaZXqW6playvrY2uPrXytoq5HbuevTa-eL6nwBrAv8EEwYLBo8QVxFjE9sauypDPfti92XzaweJh5FHpRuoY7w7yL_JB9kj3Mvjr_o8=?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=BisonBlocks

I recorded a video of a T5 map with phys reflect to show how its actually works. Please note I'm a total noob when it comes to record vids. I'm sorry for the bad quality.

https://youtu.be/5PA6CD5Ii8Y (It may need some time for 720p/1024p)
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info