[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
mas_mariano wrote:
If you focus only on bosses, no doubt about it, the boots are not worthy. But, I think still is a general viable option for those who want to sustain a good clear speed not loosing so much on the way against bosses (loosing Violent Retaliation for FC is too much, but just life from boots, could be an acceptable tradeoff).

Even so. My clear speed is already amazing for t13 and bellow and very decent above t13.

When I get new gloves, I've been thinking of actually using the frenzy gem, remove enfeeble (because I'm using warlord's mark) and use cwdt with a leveled up chaos/flame golem (leveled up because my golem dies all the time and it feels useless at low level. Going to even buy it lvl 1 with 20q.) not sure if the 20% dmg is better than 4% phys reduction tbh but I like survivability for bosses so I guess I'm going for the chaos golem...
"
mas_mariano wrote:
Using 6L+Aegis, You loose 4% chance to block from BoR, so yes, with a beautiful corrupted Anvil with +4% block you're fine and you don't need any extra block from jewels or tree. But, about those two jewel sockets, is not just for the block chance, still not needing that +1% block extra, you got really great stats from jewels like life and damage and probably will be worthy to maintain that two jewels instead of trying to pick other damage nodes.

I know. I managed to buy these pretty cheaply, around 10 chaos.

fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Last edited by Majad on Sep 29, 2016, 10:56:33 AM
Back to former setup, i just did some changes to the passive, looks better this way in my opinion. It's a bit more offensive with higher dps (like 3-4k more unbuffed tooltip dps) and like 40hp less. Since defenses are already decent, i believe this is the correct path.
Passive Tree lvl 93
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcBIcEswUtBosKJgthDPcTTBPJFCAUcRXsF-EY2xo-IOMhYCSbJvgoKimlL8wwdzIJMk41kjwFPC09_ECgQXREnka3R35OMlBHU7tZ_l8_X9phIWLsZFJlTWWnZfBnm2hlaPJsRmzYbztybHKpdO108XVOdqx343gNeTl673zZfuKCB4Nfg8yE2YTvivCLT4zPj5mS95d5ogCmjaluqZWsr62Nrj6uUK9stfK2irc-uR29Nr54vqfAGsBmwL_BgsGjxBXE9sauypDPftNv2L3ZfNrB4mHkUelG6hjvDu988B_z3fZI9zL3TfgC-Ov-Cv5r?accountName=spartacusbringerofrain&characterName=EssentialSC

So, basically i took away hp nodes around Constitution along with Path of the Warrior, Diamond Skin and few points from the marauder starting position and used them on northern path all the way to Amplify. DPS is higher with bigger radius, more attribs, higher aps, similar armor and just a little less hp. I'm thinking of picking 5th jewel above Resolute Technique but i'm not sure where should i remove points.

Fully buffed Cleave dps is 245k (on my old passive tree it was around 224k, you can check on page 51). So 42hp less for ~20k more dps sounds good to me.

Last edited by spartacusbringerofrain on Sep 29, 2016, 11:30:23 AM
Ok. So I changed a few things too.

This is my current gear and setup. Only need a better chest since it's not exactly that great and the best chest around seems to be the Atziri's Splendour with increased Shield and ES or AR with life but that shit costs like 11 ex 6L... The rest is pretty good, imo.

Spoiler

I've removed Enfeeble because I prefer to have Warlord's Mark for the life/mana leech which allows me to use Lightning Golem (more dps than Flame Golem and the Chaos Golem requires too much int for it to be good and not die all fucking day).

So, the only stressful thing I'm having now is whether to use Ancestral Protector over Ancestral Warchief, the former gives me more dps by 1k-2k.

Thing is, with the current set up I have, I have one free space gem (on my Varunastra) which is where my totem is. I've been thinking what support to put on my totem and I think Innervate for the added shock chance is amazing but if I use this one, I should be using Warchief because it's aoe and it spreads on mobs way, way better than single target.

The problem here is that I don't need more damage to kill packs and there are a lot of bosses that are shock immune (not to mention I don't get the Onslaught buff on killing a shocked enemy from the Innervate gem) so I'm wondering if I should just use Protector with Poison or a lvl 3 empower (it only increases my AS by an additional 1% which seems kinda meh tbh but it also increases my Herald of Ash overkill damage but it seems non-significant). Unfortunately, Multistrike doesn't seem to work on the totem... :/

What to do, guys.

Nevermind lol. I totally forgot I was gona use a Frenzy gem to get frenzy charges... . _.

So yeah, good thing with this set up is that I can use Frenzy and get charges whenever I want, especially in bosses which is gona be superb!
Last edited by Majad on Sep 29, 2016, 1:39:11 PM
What is a good replacement in CWDT setup for blood rage? Would love to replace it during boss fights for something more useful.
Last edited by MrOleg on Sep 29, 2016, 3:51:25 PM
"
MrOleg wrote:
What is a good replacement in CWDT setup for blood rage? Would love to replace it during boss fights for something more useful.

You could always change BR to Frenzy in boss fights and apply the charges yourself, I guess.

Once again, thanks for the awesome guide! This is the first starting character I have developed this far. I spent a little currency on this one and the results are great.
Last edited by Prxe on Aug 23, 2022, 9:02:48 AM
Hey Mas Mariano,

Thanks for sharing this build and the progress of it - I've been wanting to play a build where I can smack things in the face with an axe for ages, and I'm really enjoying using a shield properly for the first time too.

I started using Frenzy early on as I really don't like the negative affect of Blood Rage, and I'd just started using Frenzy on my Ranger so starting combat with it and keeping an eye on and refreshing the charges was still very much programmed into my play style.

There are a few changes I am probably going to try (I may pick the extra Endurance + Frenzy charges node's - and I'm looking to by pass the Beserking node below Constitution and go straight from Master of the Arena to Warriors Blood to try and free up some points to do that) but I'm only at about lvl 35 so it's still early days, and it is really nice to know that there is a tested format here that I can default back to, to get me through content.

I haven't read all 63 pages yet so apologies if this has been asked, but:

Is there any reason you haven't picked Unwavering Stance?

As all your Evasion is converted to Armour, I don't see that you'll be avoiding many hits, so the benefit of being "un-stunable" kinda comes without a cost (or am I missing something)

Also, any reason you've not picked Command of Steel? I'm thinking that maybe it's because the Passive Skill points are better spent elsewhere and the 4% Block you'd get from it can be made it with items / equipment? (but I am unsure ~ as this is my first Melee / Shield character)

Many Thanks! :D

~

SirChickenOfNugget.
Why did you remove the skill tree for aegis aurora setup?
Hey not sure if you guys do this but I am running this build and following the guide...lvl 82 atm...and I am kinda confused as to what parts of my gear need the most imporving so I know where to put my currency into. I know I need chaos res but other then that should i just be looking for higher dps versions while maintaining resists? Should I be going for higher quality gems first or gear? I just dont know what gives the best value.

Here is my gear. Any help would be appreciated.

Returning player from a few years ago btw

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info