[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Majad wrote:
Right. I forgot I could test that myself lol. And I just did now. 90% phys reduction is what I get with granite and basalt.

That's great, keep in mind that the higher level you are the harder is to maintain 90% since physical damage reduction will drop with every level of your character (as far as i know it's based on the monsters of your level).
~
Last edited by Bawtzki on Sep 26, 2016, 9:11:51 PM
is this hc viable?
"
That's great, keep in mind that the higher level you are the harder is to maintain 90% since physical damage reduction will drop with every level of your character (as far as i know it's based on the monsters of your level).

Learning something new everyday.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
"
rafaelsanreis wrote:
is this hc viable?

Im 90 now, till t12 very easy so far but im not able to play atm because of freezes
"
Majad wrote:
Hey.

Loving this build so much but I'm having issues keeping up even one endurance charge with riposte (I'm using 6l + aegis. You can check my profile).

I don't know if this is supposed to be like this or if it's because I'm still doing "low" lvl tiers (i'm lvl 70 atm and I don't want to do tiers higher than 10 even though I can go higher).

If it's always like this and getting endurance charges is difficult, even in bosses which seems to be the case, wouldn't it be better to get a skill point from merc on bandits instead of an extra endurance charge?

This is pretty shitty for me because I thought I could run Vaal Immortal Call in bad situations but like this IM is practically useless.

I'm also curious about what you think of the sacrificial garb unique from Atziri (the ones that give at least 300 ES, instead of hp, and another good roll for EV or AR) as being bis for this build, which seems to be to me but I'd like to hear thoughts.

I'm not satisfied with Endurance Charge generation on 6L version of this build. But I just can't find any way to improve this. Riposte is not good enough because it depends on stun, and stun is not reliable at all against bosses (and this build of course is not good for stun mechanics). And the other option, Warlord's Mark as your course, only gives EC when slain, so against bosses, is bad too.

You're right, extra EC when going 6L seems a poor choice and that should be changed on guide (I will on next update).

About chest, imo, is really important to get a good ES pool, but most important at all is not loosing life on the way. So I suggest you always try to get life from your gear, then look for good Armour/ES. And after the last update (yesterday) I put 4th ascendancy point on Violent Retaliation (even for 6L version) and Blood Dance Boots for FC generation. So you already loose life on your boots to get FC. All this changes are explained on guide.
"
SoilnRock wrote:
Hi, Max Block/Facetank seems to be perfect for my playstyle as I like to keep it simple ;-)

I'm equipping my Gladiator to try this build, so far I already got

- Bringer of Rain
- Lioneye's Remorse
- The Anvil

As I just love using as many uniques as possible, are there recommendations for gloves/boots/belts? I do own the following, so

- Wyrmsign

seems great, because it offers a free concentrated effect! What would you recommend as fifth link in addition to Cleave, Multistrike, Added Fire?

For boots how about:

- Redblade Tramplers
- Windscream
- Lioneye's Paws

Belt:

- Immortal Flesh
- Doryani's Invitation

Is there anything you think you could fit in nicely? (I always have difficulty getting cap-ele-res when equipping too many uniques ...)

Sorry if any of this has been asked before and thx for any suggestions :-)

This build already has a lot of uniques. Trying to cap resistances plus getting life from all your gear and additionally try to get as much chaos resistance as you can makes adding a new unique an unnecessary problem to deal with.

Well, if you ask me, even I consider it a levelling tool, I always liked Meginord's Girdle Heavy Belt a lot: flat damage, great life and flasks boost. Maybe, if I have to say one additional unique, I will say that one.
"
"
Majad wrote:
"
What's your weapon? And how much hp.armor you have? You shouldn't have survivability problems at all. Are you using basalt potion?

Practically 4k hp and 800 ES. 7459 armour / 52% phys dmg reduction.

And I'm not using basalt. Only granite and jade.

Edit: Keep in mind I'm lvl 72 lol.

Hmm didn't try Varunastra yet so i can't give good advice for that setup. You should wait for OP to reply on that one. What main skill are you using and what's your unbuffed tooltip dps (with only auras active)? I strongly advice using Soul Taker though but that will make you respec greatly. What's your 6l gems? But, with several more levels you will be less vulnerable due to less level difference. As for the flasks, i prefer basalt over jade (in fact i didn't even use jade on this build at all), it's 20% additional dmg reduction which is just...HUGE. Keep in mind that you want to initiate every strong battle with shield charging for fortify effect. Basically, charge and spam Sunder/Cleave while stationary (for Arcic Armor dmg red to trigger as well) and that's already 30%+ flat phy dmg reduction (excluding your armor dmg red, end charges, basalt etc). Only move when strong mob uses his heavy hit (like Vaal Slam in t14 Maze or Voll in Oasis t12 / Wasteland T11 etc). Everything else is easily facetank. Spells are not problem at all so you should be more than good this way. This is very tanky and defensive build if you use everything properly.

Did a quick look to your char:

- Exchange Faster Attacks with Elemental Focus, you will see a huge damage boost.
- Right now, almost all high damage boost nodes from tree are still pending to be assigned. You will notice a huge improvement through the next levels of your char: Jewels, Cleaving, Strong Arm, Bone Breaker, 2x double dip from By the Blade.
- You don't generate FC, see if possible to fit last change on guide about The Blood Dance Boots.
- When you got the chance, exchange Command of Steel with 4th ascendancy point (Violent Retaliation with the +2% block chance on the way), +1% next to Solidity and +1% from jewel/corrupted Anvil (check yesterday update on guide).

Right now, your tree is focused on life and your gear is pretty good. Only thing I found is that you don't use Instant Recovery life flasks, that imo, are mandatory. Except for that, I can't find any issue related to survivability. You should be fine, maybe try to clarify in which situations you get killed and try to focus on a good flask usage and extra careful against damage that cannot be blocked (DoT, explosions).

PS: of course, capped elemental resistances, don't?
"
Merdento wrote:
Well I managed to get around 500 chaos mostly by selling maps with this build, so Im more interested in a stronger build with more expensive flasks, Ill wait for the update :P

Also do you have any recomentations for good boots+glove enchantments?

This build is created around the idea of a really cheap budget build capable of all end game content. Adding a really expensive flask like Taste of Hate, of course, goes in another direction. But, if you already got the currency, of course it can be improved with expensive flasks.

About boots/gloves enchants, as stated on replies you got: boots with AS on kill and gloves, stay with new base Spiked Gloves, really great.
"
SoilnRock wrote:
Just three more question:

1. Why do you keep Tempest Shield at Level 1? I see no reason why not to level it up to lvl 7 as you do with Blood Rage.

2. Any reason not to level Enfeeble when I got more intelligence through jewels?

3. Shield Charge + Fortify + Faster Attacks (as in your writing) or
Shield Charge + Fortify + Increased Duration (as in your gems)?

Thx again :-)

Of course, level CWDT gems considering level restrictions is the right thing to do. Tempest Shield stay at level 1 because of laziness and Enfeeble because of INT restrictions.

Shield Charge goes linked as explained on guide. Never consider gems on gear as the right setup. Inc. Duration doesn't work with Fortify.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info