[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

Hi, really enjoying your build!
Im running 6link version any ideas how to improve my damage? Should i replace some rares?
Any other good uniques for this build? Carcass jack seems like a good choice, need to save up for it. Unbuffed dps sits at 27K

Also here's my skill tree https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcBIcFLQY5BosKJgz3Dc0TTBPJFCAV7BfhGNsaPhzOIOMhYCSbJvgoKimlK1AvzDB3MgkyTjWSOuE8LT0PQKBBdEa3R35OMlBHUWBZ_l8_X9phIWLsZFJlTWWnZfBnm2xGbNhvO3Jscql07XTxdU52rHfjeA15OXrvfNl-4oNfg8yE2YTvivCLT4zPj5mXeZ5Xpo2pbqmVrK-uPq5Qr6e18raKtz65Hb02vni-p8AawL_BgsGjxBXE9sauypDPftNv2L3aweJh5FHpRuoY7w7yRfMG9kj3MvdN-Ov7qv4K_lT-a_6P

Last edited by feelmybicep on Jul 25, 2016, 6:54:43 AM
"
MasterBLB wrote:
Well,based on your experience with high level maps and Atziri could you tell me if the whole concept makes sense?

I think that first off, you should reconsider Crit Chance. Left side of the tree is pretty poor for Crit, Resolute Technique is basically a must imo. Even trying to maximize Crit from left side with Disemboweling & Galvanic Hammer it just won't work (was my very first version of this build). Avoiding Crit, you should start all over again and rethink your freeze capabilities, your Cyclone setup, etc.

And, if you go for Gladiator w/ Anvil, you should really consider 78% Block A/S as your main reason for making it, don't stay at 60%. Imo, full block is the main reason for picking Gladiator class.
Last edited by mas_mariano on Jul 26, 2016, 3:45:32 AM
"
xevven wrote:
Hey guys

Made a video to showcase this build on PHC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xOW96nomdI&feature=youtu.be

This is at level 71 or so with alot of passives to pick up.
This build is so powerful it's not even funny.

Thanks for sharing this amazing gladiator!

Really glad to read that build is working on PHC. Thanks for the video!
Thank you very much for hints mas_mariano.However,I'm really tempted to do it as a crit build,I have other characters whose use RT and Blood Rage.Yet I'm going to design non-crit based tree anyway,just in case ^^

And of course I'm aiming at 78% block chance.But why you said I'd have only 60%??I've compared mine and your tree,and I'd have 30% total block chance from passives,9% more than you.If so,I should be able to hit 78% even without Bringer of Rain and 3xblock jewel,or I missed something??
Oh, is just that I read this on your post: "Planned working for defense: Maxed,or around 60% block and spellblock chance should keep me safe". Just wanted to clarify that you should choose maxed, as you already did.

Just in case you find some use to this, I link my previous version of the build using Doryani's Catalyst. This was a level 90 tree trying to optimize Crit Chance.

I try this build in perandus but poor me I failed, cannot kill normal atziri. In prophecy, I switch the offensive to earthquake bleeding, keep the max block. Now I can one hit and run around to dodge heavy skill while bleeding kill the boss :D
"
mas_mariano wrote:

Really glad to read that build is working on PHC. Thanks for the video!

I've now renamed the build to the sunder machinegun.
I'll upload a video later showcasing extreme attack speeds and tankiness I you would like to see more of how your build is doing for other people :-)
When is a good time to do merci and uber lab?
25,6k dps conc Eartquake with all auras on (~70k considering the aftershock)
9k armor, 4,2k life. I still fear that one of izaro's attacks wont be blocked and he'll oneshot me as well as me having not enough damage :/
Last edited by Arawh on Jul 29, 2016, 10:40:06 AM
Thanks mas_mariano,these hits surely will be useful <ok>!

"
Arawh wrote:
When is a good time to do merci and uber lab?
25,6k dps conc Eartquake with all auras on (~70k considering the aftershock)
9k armor, 4,2k life. I still fear that one of izaro's attacks wont be blocked and he'll oneshot me as well as me having not enough damage :/

Well,my char KhamalHammerHead can facetank merc Izaro all day long,and usually without drinking life potions.And it has ~6k armor and around 4300 life if I recall correctly.So you should be fine,though I recommend to bring granite flask of iron skin into the fight.DPS is not that important as survivability,you'll put Izaro down sooner or later if you can withstand his attacks.
If you're a hardcore character,then it's better to wait till you hit at least 5.5k of life.
Last edited by MasterBLB on Jul 27, 2016, 1:52:58 AM
"
zeroonea wrote:
I try this build in perandus but poor me I failed, cannot kill normal atziri. In prophecy, I switch the offensive to earthquake bleeding, keep the max block. Now I can one hit and run around to dodge heavy skill while bleeding kill the boss :D

Glad it works! Imo Ruby Flask & Rise of the Phoenix Shield are mandatory against Normal Atziri, really improve tankiness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info