[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Krazy_X wrote:
Ok, so i have played this build for a few times (including the Turmoil race) and will build it as my league starter on Harbinger League in 3.0.

But i was wondering what do you guys think is the best way to fast level it after you get Sunder at level 12. Do you guys go straight for 1H + Shield (for a more defensive setup) or level as 2H and respec on later game (when you can equipe The Anvil, BoR, and other gear)?

It really depends on the gear you have sitting around. I have all of the unique 2H low-level weapons and a ton of 1H as well, so I typically stick with 2H for speed (sweep/cyclone/sunder) until somewhere mid/end-Cruel when defense starts to become a lot more important (and I can use some of my better 1H weaps and shields).

However, once I got a Lycosae shield (spelling is probably wrong, the one that looks like a bunch of iron rebar welded into a rectangle heh) and its 100% hit rate, I tend to use 1H weapons (usually swords for weapon range, even not spec'd into specific weapons, a 6-link Tabula Rasa + Lyco shield = overpowered until midway through Merc).

Plus, I usually take mostly defensive skill nodes (life/ES/evasion depending on char) until Merc, so by the time my dps starts to seem weak, it suddenly begins rising as I spec into specific offensive nodes.

Anyway, this is just me, and I'm a nooblet of sorts. Just hit 90 with my Gladiator, first 90 ever, and last night I beat uber lab and did my first T15 map. Pretty damn happy with this build (my fav so far!) even though I've yet to get any steel rings to drop (got a bunch of essences saved up for +phys damage). Almost to 8 on 5 of my 6 masters, which doesn't really have anything to do with this build, but that will be a first as well. Using this character to farm gear for my others (got an 87 2H cyclone marauder thanks to all the great drops my Gladiator gets).

Right. Shutting up now. I guess I'm just happy because every time I get frustrated and quit because I can't seem to get anywhere, I play my Gladiator and remember how much I love him ;).
After i read through the guide, it is awesome, but i have a question on the max block calculation, how could i get the +6% from ascedancy points as i followed the passive tree point from the guide, i only got up to +4%, where is the other +2%? If i got something wrong, please correct me. Cheers
i take this build for 3.0
What we do to deal with block recovery?

Do we need Unwavering Stance?
Last edited by seanymph on Jul 29, 2017, 5:48:53 AM
which new bandits passive do you guys recommend for 3.0?

Oak seems ok for this build, not sure though

The Bandit Lord Kraityn
6% increased Attack and Cast Speed
3% chance to Dodge Attacks
6% increased Movement Speed

The Bandit Lord Alira
5 Mana Regenerated per second
+20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+15% to all Elemental Resistances

The Bandit Lord Oak
1% of Life Regenerated per second
2% additional Physical Damage Reduction
20% increased Physical Damage

Kill All
2 Passive points

I have problems for reaching 78 / 78 block chance without a Rumi.

I have the same build and tree but i only reach 71 / 71. That means we all need jewels with block chance?

TY
What have you taken for your ascendancy nodes? You should have 6% additional block in there. Then there's the 3% that comes with Tempest Shield so I believe you really should be at 75% max without TS active. Then when TS is active it jumps up to 78%. I could be wrong though. I'm at 76% in h/o with no block jewels being used.
"
gallan0nim wrote:
Hi ppl i just started with poe and this build and i have one question: On Merciless i shoud help oak for endurance charge but how i generate them as gladiator with this build? I dont see any generator in skill or somthing plz help :D

I use Shield Charge+Reckoning+Stun Support+Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support no problems generating charges with this combo. Granted once you get The Bringer of Pain Helm you wont need the combo.
Last edited by Beerpowered on Aug 1, 2017, 4:13:50 AM
"
YT_HB wrote:
What have you taken for your ascendancy nodes? You should have 6% additional block in there. Then there's the 3% that comes with Tempest Shield so I believe you really should be at 75% max without TS active. Then when TS is active it jumps up to 78%. I could be wrong though. I'm at 76% in h/o with no block jewels being used.

I reach 78% if painforged and TS is active. In my HO i have 68%
Do u have Sanctuary in your tree?
hello, anyone can share 3.0 version passive tree of this build please? :))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info