[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
espanyol44 wrote:
tried 4L-CWDT+tempest sheild+enfeeble+immortal call (someone suggested) works perfect.so i took the +1 endurance charge passive (stamina)

now i am able to do all end game maps.just 1 problem left.blood rage ruins my energy shield so aegis aurora becames useless on high lvl maps.do i need to drop blodd rage or maybe lioneye's again?

In my opinion, the truly improvement for going 6L with this particular build is to gain survivability. For that, Aegis is great. But if you use Blood Rage, it will drain your ES completely, so you should avoid using it.

I choose to drop Blood Rage. At the end, my DPS with BoR & Blood Rage active (not counting the frenzy charges) are pretty much the same than without it and the 6L setup with Elemental Focus. And for a 20% Attack Speed boost when I needed, I use Ancestral Protector.

Another option is to go for Outmatch & Outlast but seems pretty poor for this build compared to Gratuitous Violence.
So, has anyone else tried using Sunder with this?

I tried it because it was an easy swap (red gem, unlike Reave's green, so no need for re-colouring my BoR), and I was bored, and wow, it seems to be massively, massively faster at clearing than Static Strike. This despite having about 60% of the tooltip DPS. I didn't change any other gems out of laziness. I hadn't been expecting much because Sunder is often seen as the lesser cousin of Earthquake (perhaps fairly, but it plays very differently).

I mean, the upsides I see are:

1) It's ranged - going pretty much to the edge of the screen or slightly beyond in some cases. You can thus stay away from anyone remotely naughty, including various bosses. Of course you can also stay close where that helps.

2) It auto-targets in a totally hilarious and lazy way. You can often just stand still, hold it down, and have it destroy monsters coming in from every angle.

3) Vapourizes packs. I mean they are just GONE. The DPS listed may be lower but the shockwave interactions mean it's actually massively higher on packs.

4) Part-phys so triggers Gratuitous Violence - thus even more explosions and even faster dying packs. Oh and this means phys leech also works (if you have any).

5) Bosses who have adds are signing their own death warrant (Dry Penninsula boss is particularly hilarious here).

6) Is a red gem and can use the same supports as Static Strike (in BoR) so no need for re-colouring or other fiddling - can't see any need for any tree respecs either. So you can, as I do, just swap between it and Static Strike.

Probably stuff I'm forgetting too.

There are downsides, though:

1) MY FRAMEZ! - It really, really hits my crummy potato of a PC hard. Twin Dry Penninsula boss was literally 2FPS (but I still killed them!). Even routine pack-killing is much lower FPS.

2) Auto-targeting can mess you up - If you have a boss/unique you're trying to kill and rando monsters keep wandering up, Sunder WILL target them with equal priority (it seems to "take turns"). You can mess with this with positioning and it's not a killer, but it can be annoying.

3) Noticeably slower on genuinely solo bosses - but hey you can just swap in Static Strike for those.

4) Gets really dull because it's too easy/mindless. Seriously. I actually prefer Static Strike play because it feels like I'm playing rather than just holding down the WIN key and chortling.

5) Doesn't synergise perfectly with the strong reactive abilities of this build because it's very often at range.

6) Elemental reflect scenarios that are survivable with Static Strike (despite that being pure elemental) are basically one-shots here (i.e. hit a big pack with Sunder, pack explodes, so do you - whereas you could potion through it with Static Strike).

Anyway, interested to hear from others who have tried this - especially if they've also tried Reave with this build (I've not, because I'd have to re-colour my BoR and I'm too lazy/cheap) and to hear how it stacks up.
Last edited by Eurhetemec on May 3, 2016, 8:44:03 AM
Hi, I tried Sunder and really like it. Static Strike is the best skill I found for single target damage, and works great with this build. But is true and out of the question that for clear speed, has a poor performance compared to others. That's why I added the section about Reave, but after trying others skills and now Sunder, I will change the focus of that section. I will recommend one skill, but list all the skill setups that works great with this build. Sunder is one of those.

I used Sunder + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Concentrated Effect. You don't even notice the Conc Effect and with this setup you got a 20% more DPS than leaving the rest of the gems like SS. And you keep the RRRB.

At the end, I prefer Reave, but is my personal choice, and I have to say that enjoying a different gameplay changing just some gems is truly worthy to avoid boredom. I will keep mapping with Sunder for a while.

Comparing Reave/Sunder with your list:

Upsides:
1,2,3,4,5) Same.
6) I enjoyed carrying around two BoR, one for Reave and another for Static Strike, and exchange them when I feel like. Yesterday I played a Twinned Shrine, in cases like that I go with SS, no doubt about it. For mapping up to tier 11, always Reave.
Downsides:
1) I guess you will have no problem at all with Reave. I don't like at all GPU consuming skills, but again, my personal preference.
2) Reave is auto-target but the angle of the attack helps with this matter, Sunder is a straight line.
3,4,5) Same.
6) With Reave, the explosions are exclusively from GV, so don't reflect.
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
espanyol44 wrote:
tried 4L-CWDT+tempest sheild+enfeeble+immortal call (someone suggested) works perfect.so i took the +1 endurance charge passive (stamina)

now i am able to do all end game maps.just 1 problem left.blood rage ruins my energy shield so aegis aurora becames useless on high lvl maps.do i need to drop blodd rage or maybe lioneye's again?

In my opinion, the truly improvement for going 6L with this particular build is to gain survivability. For that, Aegis is great. But if you use Blood Rage, it will drain your ES completely, so you should avoid using it.

I choose to drop Blood Rage. At the end, my DPS with BoR & Blood Rage active (not counting the frenzy charges) are pretty much the same than without it and the 6L setup with Elemental Focus. And for a 20% Attack Speed boost when I needed, I use Ancestral Protector.

Another option is to go for Outmatch & Outlast but seems pretty poor for this build compared to Gratuitous Violence.

i agree.so i don't use blood rage now and i am trying punishment instead of it.

just got the static strike enchantment.it took about 15 hours to get it.only 2k dps difference.
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"

How many attempts did that take?

Two days hitting F5 in poe.trade and 1 exalted ;)

BUT, take this into account:

"
Percentage modifiers using the words "% increased" or "% reduced" stack additively with one another, while "% more" and "% less" modifiers stack multiplicatively

Is not as good as it seems, at the end, 2.5% increase to the final DPS.

This is from the day I got it. At the end, a "% increased" stacks additively to all other "% increased" modifiers you got that applies for the attack.

Source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Game_mechanics > "Modifier Stacking" Section.
Finally added a section with a medium budget (~5 exalted) version of the build based on Aegis Aurora Shield & 6L Body Chest.
"
mas_mariano wrote:
Hi, I tried Sunder and really like it. Static Strike is the best skill I found for single target damage, and works great with this build. But is true and out of the question that for clear speed, has a poor performance compared to others. That's why I added the section about Reave, but after trying others skills and now Sunder, I will change the focus of that section. I will recommend one skill, but list all the skill setups that works great with this build. Sunder is one of those.

I used Sunder + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Concentrated Effect. You don't even notice the Conc Effect and with this setup you got a 20% more DPS than leaving the rest of the gems like SS. And you keep the RRRB.

At the end, I prefer Reave, but is my personal choice, and I have to say that enjoying a different gameplay changing just some gems is truly worthy to avoid boredom. I will keep mapping with Sunder for a while.

Awesome, thank you for comparing! I may get another BoR (they're quite cheap now) and try Reave myself. Will definitely try the gem setup you suggest!
Nice, I will give it a try in the next event!
Thanks for posting this build! This is the first build I'm really spending and gearing for (under one month of playing here).
"
Mahjjima wrote:
Thanks for posting this build! This is the first build I'm really spending and gearing for (under one month of playing here).

Glad to read that! Send me your feedback about how this build works for you, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info