[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

That Jewel does look nice. I opted to get the 2 armor nodes and the jewel slot over there (marauder) with a 4% reckless defense which saves me 3 nodes (6 total to get there) going towards ranger. I figure you need to get Diamond Skin + one other and then the fire one. At that point you can skip 9% of block nodes on the tree. I wonder if that is better since at least with Aegis Aurora the +to defenses isn't all that stellar (I can more than make up for the ES with Discipline as I all ready have 1200 without it). Though some of the other shield nodes also give good +% damage and attack speed....I'll have to relook at the tree.

I've been having a blast with my build as well. Easy clearing T11-12's so far. The only thing I've died from is huge bleed when I forgot to have my bleed flask on :p

Of course my Blade Flurry build is not budget since you rely a fair bit on your flasks to do huge DPS against bosses (Atziri's, Lion's Roar, Sin's Rebirth & The Overflowing Chalice to also double-dip poison/bleed and make sure you keep the others up 100% in maps). I should have 6k HP and 2k ES around lvl 90. (This is with a so-so 280 DPS 1H and only a 5L)

I like Aegis a bit more than Surrender just because you can scale it easier and having ES let's you run Melee Damage on Full Life so you pretty much have 3 more multipliers during bosses (Melee, MDFL, & Conc. Effect). I imagine when I get the 6L that the bosses will melt even quicker :p
Last edited by Rays727 on Dec 10, 2016, 6:20:02 AM
"
Zardin90 wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

As for Riposte, I have it in my shield with CoH+Enfeeble. it and the Reckoning on the shield both proc it constantly. That's what I do with it. You could always Riposte for more damage though I guess with Melee phys+Added Fire+LL/LGoH. I kinda like this idea just for the extra defense in the leech. Don't really know. haha

TL:DR -> Lightning Coil+Helm or Astral Plate+EV Helm
4L in Helm: Riposte - Melee Physical - LL/LGoH - Added Fire/Blind

Isnt Riposte a dual wielding version of Reckoning, and as suck it doesnt work if you have shield ?
Isnt Vengeance the right skill to use ?

Riposte is whenever you block, period. It uses both weapons to counterattack when you dual wield. So yes, it works. I also plugged in a culling strike on it and culled Tul with it on my last run. :D

SO! Update: I've been doing fun things with the freedom of the jewel :)

Gear update:

Spoiler

So the fun thing!:

The combination of these two items is pretty nice. Bleeding while not moving isn't a big deal, easy to out regen/leech. With Bloodgrip I can use The Red Trail to its potential without possibly killing myself.

So what do I get?
40% MS on Boots
Frenzy charge generation when I need it and not after they're all dead.
10% Physical Damage Reduction while stationary (Lacerate is very stationary)
100% Increased Life recovery from flasks!
Trivializing puncture skills
Good 10-20 Damage
and all without losing life!

I'm not convinced that this is the best route to take, but it's fun AND effective.

Passive tree changes:
I moved my pathing a bit in the templar side, I now get to Templar AOE/Life nodes from teh Chaos Res/Life Cluster, it was the same number of points to travel (4) but I needed the intelligence. I'll end up changing back eventually when I want to get the jewel socket northwest of the Scion life wheel. Or not. I can just grab life nodes until 91.

I have also taken Unwavering Stance. Since I no longer use BoR, I no longer blind. Then I also dropped Grace and went full Armor (No Iron reflexes, not worth the 3 points in my opinion). I am using Herald of Ash+Arctic Armor to make up for my DPS and Defense loss.

Yes, I am still using

Yes, I realize I am only getting 3% increased Attack damage (979 Evasion)

But the onslaught bonus is so nice. XD

I will, however, probably swap it out for a good Rustic with High Life/Cold Res/Chaos Res/Reduced Flask Charges Used/Armor mods.

Well, that wraps that up for the time being. I'm currently doing T9+ Maps for those who wanna know, and they're a walk in the park.
I will say BIG THX for this very nice build/guide. I played much builds but with no one i had so much fun. I`m lvl 82 and with the Surrender Shield i farm T10 maps so easy.

I have a couple of question

Q1.0 How you guys make Endgame Lab? Life, Dmg, Tactic :)

Q2.0 How we can improve the build?

Q2.1 I have enough currency for example Varunastra Sword.
Make it so much better Damage to warrant the price of 5 Exalted?

Q2.4. Is the new Jewel (Red Nightmares) variant whereof many mates here talking better?
If so can any one post me/us a tree, gem configuration and items if anyone
play with it or when anyone have a good theory build draft would be very nice :).

Q2.5. What do you think about Red Nightmare Jewel + Varunastra? If it works.
Last edited by HateTheWorld on Dec 10, 2016, 1:28:23 PM
Hi, fairly new new to PoE. Just have a qurstion. Can this build be replicated by lets say a scion? If so, how do i go about it? Already started a scion using part of your build btw, just wanna know if it's viable late game before i continue (still at lvl 20 atm)
"
HateTheWorld wrote:
Q2.4. Is the new Jewel (Red Nightmares) variant whereof many mates here talking better?
If so can any one post me/us a tree, gem configuration and items if anyone
play with it or when anyone have a good theory build draft would be very nice :).

Yes, that's the one. You should put in the jewel socket between Barbarism and Diamond skin. Barbarism + Diamond Skin + 2xLife and elemental resistance + Fire Resistance node following diamond skin route should give you 41% fire resistance. Then, 0.41 x 0.35 = 0.14 = 14% block, the equivalent of BoR + Anvil.

"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Zardin90 wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

As for Riposte, I have it in my shield with CoH+Enfeeble. it and the Reckoning on the shield both proc it constantly. That's what I do with it. You could always Riposte for more damage though I guess with Melee phys+Added Fire+LL/LGoH. I kinda like this idea just for the extra defense in the leech. Don't really know. haha

TL:DR -> Lightning Coil+Helm or Astral Plate+EV Helm
4L in Helm: Riposte - Melee Physical - LL/LGoH - Added Fire/Blind

Isnt Riposte a dual wielding version of Reckoning, and as suck it doesnt work if you have shield ?
Isnt Vengeance the right skill to use ?

Riposte is whenever you block, period. It uses both weapons to counterattack when you dual wield. So yes, it works. I also plugged in a culling strike on it and culled Tul with it on my last run. :D

SO! Update: I've been doing fun things with the freedom of the jewel :)

Gear update:

Spoiler

So the fun thing!:

The combination of these two items is pretty nice. Bleeding while not moving isn't a big deal, easy to out regen/leech. With Bloodgrip I can use The Red Trail to its potential without possibly killing myself.

So what do I get?
40% MS on Boots
Frenzy charge generation when I need it and not after they're all dead.
10% Physical Damage Reduction while stationary (Lacerate is very stationary)
100% Increased Life recovery from flasks!
Trivializing puncture skills
Good 10-20 Damage
and all without losing life!

I'm not convinced that this is the best route to take, but it's fun AND effective.

Passive tree changes:
I moved my pathing a bit in the templar side, I now get to Templar AOE/Life nodes from teh Chaos Res/Life Cluster, it was the same number of points to travel (4) but I needed the intelligence. I'll end up changing back eventually when I want to get the jewel socket northwest of the Scion life wheel. Or not. I can just grab life nodes until 91.

I have also taken Unwavering Stance. Since I no longer use BoR, I no longer blind. Then I also dropped Grace and went full Armor (No Iron reflexes, not worth the 3 points in my opinion). I am using Herald of Ash+Arctic Armor to make up for my DPS and Defense loss.

Yes, I am still using

Yes, I realize I am only getting 3% increased Attack damage (979 Evasion)

But the onslaught bonus is so nice. XD

I will, however, probably swap it out for a good Rustic with High Life/Cold Res/Chaos Res/Reduced Flask Charges Used/Armor mods.

Well, that wraps that up for the time being. I'm currently doing T9+ Maps for those who wanna know, and they're a walk in the park.

Nice combination you tried there. Keep us posted about your changes and what you think is better, since you got the jewel. I may get one once i switch to better gloves and rings.

"
Yes, that's the one. You should put in the jewel socket between Barbarism and Diamond skin. Barbarism + Diamond Skin + 2xLife and elemental resistance + Fire Resistance node following diamond skin route should give you 41% fire resistance. Then, 0.41 x 0.35 = 0.14 = 14% block, the equivalent of BoR + Anvil.

ah ok thx dear
Last edited by HateTheWorld on Dec 10, 2016, 7:34:14 PM
Hi people, i've started using this build after my CoC assassin got deleted past 2.4 and Cospri's nerf. I would like to ask a thing - there are 2 alternative setups mentioned by the author, one for better DPS and the second one for better survivability. Given any amount of currency (on standard) - is there some "ultimate" combo between these 3 (main + 2 alternatives)?
I have obtained The Red Nightmare, and it doesn't actually give the full block it should, it calculates it for each node individually, so it's 13 instead of 14. Just a heads up.
"
TheWarguyFTW wrote:
I have obtained The Red Nightmare, and it doesn't actually give the full block it should, it calculates it for each node individually, so it's 13 instead of 14. Just a heads up.

I haven't seen one on Poe.trade yet. Did you buy yours or did it drop for you?

Edit: Looked at the stuff individually...geeze 6.5EX right now (4EX for blessing and 2.5 for Red Dream)
Last edited by Rays727 on Dec 10, 2016, 9:11:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info