[2.3 Pathfinder]Low Life Immortal Blade Vortex/All map mods/Deathless Uber/Twinned Core Video Up

This is the build I played in perandus league. Thus some information might be outdated.

2.3 patch made the build A LOT stronger in map clearing.
For the 8th ascendancy node, we take Veteran Bowyer. For the ele penetration and insane flask recharge while clearing in maps.

Now you can use Death's Door as boots to get 6 perma endurance charges and longer immortal call.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Required Items:

Sorry that there's no videos made by myself yet, I have a bunch of super high quantity map clears recorded, but YouTube upload is not running for me.
Here i correct: All map mods except for Cannot Leech. (-Max + ele reflect, phys reflect is no problem.)
And you are right I cannot facetank Uber double flameblast. But anything else other than that.

Here is a video made by my good friend 寻找淡然 over at Garena Taiwan server, in fact he was the one the gave me the idea for a build like this one. Here I wanna give him a huge credit for the build. His setup varies only slightly than mine. In this video, he is not running skyforth but he has Legacy Vinktars.

The video is a Double boss Core clear video without Skyforth. Skip to 6:15 for malachai fight.The video is in a Chinese website so it might be laggy for you. Apologies for that.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUxMjE0OTc0MA==.html

Deathess Uber Screenshot

Gear

Question: How does this version of LL BV compare to other BV builds with higher dps?
Three words: Glass cannons suck. We also do not invest in Mana regen and thus making it a little easier to gear.

Intro:
This is a Low life flask Blade Vortex build with the Pathfinder class that utilizes many 'meta' items such as Shavs, Voll's Devotion and Skyforth, and trust me they are not here just to add the cost, they do have great synergies. So if you have those items but are struggling to pick a build to reroll, i highly recommend you to try this build.

The build is capable of doing all content that's currently in the game. Solo high quantity T15s, Uber, Vaal temple, Lvl 100 push, vinktar square, you name it.

Although you can see the gem links in the gear section, I will still write the main link down here.

BV - Faster Casting/Increased Duration - Spell Echo - Inc Critical Strikes - Physical to lightning - Inc AoE/Multi

Once all you gems are max level you can switch around FC and INC duration to see which one you like better. If you use Increased Duration, you should use a Silver flask. The two gems doesn't vary much in clear speed, it's merely a matter of play style.
Sheet Crit chance for BV in hideout is 69.8%(I don't use power charges), the higher the better cuz you gain charges off crits.

Currently sitting at 9.3k ES, 9.5k if i hit some proper divines. If you are rich you can hit around 11k.

Defense:

Clearly as pathfinder+BV we can sustain extremely high lvl of defense with the help of our flasks+ Master of Surgeons Node:

Map setup with flask:
83 fire res
83 cold res
89 lightning res
Positive 30 chaos res (Meaning that we only need 55 chaos res on out gear to cap chaos res.)
39k BV tooltip with Increased AoE as 6L

Uber setup with flask:
91 fire res
83 cold res
91 lightning res
Positive 30 chaos res
90% estimated Physical damage reduction (capped on character screen)
41k BV tooltip with Crit Multi as 6L

On top of this we have the
combo. Permanent 5 endurance charges.
Combine this lvl1 CWDT + Immortal call we have near permanent Physical Immunity, which makes Physical Reflect a free map mod.

Damage:
You melt shit. Notice that Pathfinder also gets 100% posion on hit during flask. The actual damage output is only slightly lower than pure dps BV builds.

The most important flask and our primary source of leech is Vinktars

This allows us to facetank any damage as long as its not a clean one shot(which doesnt exist except for Uber double blast). With Vinktars on we can instantly leech back any damage we take.
If you are on STD and have a legacy Vinktars, then congrats you have unlocked god mode of this build. Legacy Vinktars provides 30% leech instead of 20% and saves you 1 passive point on Vaal Pact. But most importantly, legacy Vinktars only uses 30 flask charges out of 60 total. Much faster to charge and you can use it a second time before charging it.

Desired mod on Vinktars for the build: Lighting Pen > Phys to lightning > Add damage. They are put in the order of the power against hard bosses.

Skyforth?
Skyforth is not required but it offers a spot for an extra 35% aura without lv 4 enlightens or aura nodes on the templar side. But more importantly for this build, Skyforth gives practically stun immunity. Notice that every 2 Int gives 1 flat mana, Romiras give 40-60 flat mana, Skyforth itself gives 100+ mana and the other ring of mine also have flat mana. Now look at the ranger flask node on the tree, they also give buff to max% mana. With all this I have 1650 ish mana, meaning that my effective stun threshold is based on 8250 life, plus the stun avoidance while cast witch node and the intrinsic energy shield 50% stun avoidance. I am literally stun immune.

Clear Speed:
I'll make it straight by providing some stats. Play time was 43 hours when I hit lv 94. I was also the top 4 xp gained in perandus as shown in poe.stats when i was lvling from 92-94. Never died since I started serious mapping.

Aura setups:

Aura that I always run: Discipline, Purity of Lightning, Blasphemy Assassins mark, Hatred.

For mapping: Run Herald of Ice - Ice bite - Innervate. Once your herald of ice hits high level you will be amazed by how easy it is to sustain onslaught and max frenzy charges.

For Uber: Drop HoI and run Purity of Fire. You can drop assassin's mark for Enfeeble or Temp chains, swap Hatred for Arctic Armor as well if you feel unconfident. But I facetanked whole run without those defensive setups.

Other skills:
WB - Faster Attacks - Fortify. For bosses like Malachai you can switch fortify to vigilant strike.

lv1 CWDT - lv 3 Immortal Call - Inc Duration - Vaal Clarity/Vaal Haste (In T13 and under maps I prefer Vaal haste, Vaal clarity is a must in T15s and Uber)

Gearing:
Before going in to the main pieces I would like to remind you that you dont need to cap your resists! As long as you have around 45 ele resist in merciless you will be capped even in ele weakness maps. However for extra safety when game lags or when mobs hit you before flask, still try to cap res without flask as long as its not too much investment.

Chest:

5 link Shavs does not differ that much from 6 link for this build. Higher ES the better, ignore resist rolls.

Amulet:

Aim for high ES and all res.
Prefered Versions in orders: +1 All res, Lightning leech, cold leech, Clean, +1 frenzy, +1 curse if you are rich enough to get both + curse volls and gg curse on hit gloves.
If you don't have volls and dont intend to use it that's fine dps-wise but it will be a different build. You lose the ability to ignore physical damage.

Gloves:

240+ ES gloves with resist or 40%+ multi Shadows and Dust. Shadows and Dust is what I have been using in maps up until lv 94. It provides great crit stats and bursts from Unholy Might when it procs. With those gloves, open layout maps are usually done within a single rampage streak. However your ES will be capped around 8.5k with those.
Once past 95 or in uber a high ES gloves is recommended. Look for chaos resist if possible.

Belt:

+1 Magnate is a must. Without the 50% Charge gained you will feel much more clunky. The physical damage on it is also a decent dps boost. You can get one of these for 1-2ex or just vaal it yourself.

Rings:

Romira's and Standard ES rings with good resist. Look for 25% multi romiras, high mana if possible as well.

Weapon:

High Roll Divinarius or 100+ spell crit Kris daggers with spell damage + multi.

Shield:

400+ ES shields with 90+ spell crit. Mine is a bad example cuz of the low spell crit(I will be scouring suffix on it soon and try to exalt craft.)
EDIT:Spent 8ex and recrafted suffix, looks better now.

Helmet:

350+ ES helmet with BV enchants. The most desired enchant is '20% Blade Vortex Duration'. It's a good idea to buy a ilv84 hubris with duration enchant and chaos spam it.

Boots:

Skyforth or 200ES+ boots. You should be aiming for 0.5%leech enchant on boots. They do a good job sustaining ES/mana lvls when you are tanking mobs without Vinktars.

Flask Setup:

You must always have a shock removal flask.

Maps:

You can use Adrenaline quicksilver if you wanna go ham.

Uber Vaal:

Uber Trio:

Uber Atziri:

Mana flask is optional. But spears do no damage to me so I didn't bother using any phys flask.

Bandits:
Kill all-Kill all- Help Oak

Hard to upload videos to youtube due to internet reason, but i will try and get one up here. More screenshots incoming as well.
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Jul 10, 2016, 6:02:51 AM
Last bumped on Jul 13, 2016, 8:07:16 PM
In progress

4/19. Added Double Core clear video made by my friend in Taiwanese Server.
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Apr 19, 2016, 4:42:43 AM
skill tree please? looks really fun
Is that Voll's+Romira setup really needed? Okay, you have a couple more endurance charges. Seems like a bit of icing when you could go max block with a stone of lazhwar with +1 curses in that slot, no?
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
Is that Voll's+Romira setup really needed? Okay, you have a couple more endurance charges. Seems like a bit of icing when you could go max block with a stone of lazhwar with +1 curses in that slot, no?

1.I dont have any investment to block on tree.
2.Going block means I must use Rumi's. Thus dropping the only optional flask slot.
3.You are always stunned on block and skyforth does not help with stun duration and recovery, only threshold.
4.Block is only 75% at cap.
5.Why bother block when you can just tank everything without block?
Is there a reason for lightning pen Vinktars and not +dmg one? I thought +dmg would be better overall.
IGN: rooteniy
Been looking for a build to blow some currency on. This seems like a fun option.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
r00teniy wrote:
Is there a reason for lightning pen Vinktars and not +dmg one? I thought +dmg would be better overall.

Thanks for bringing it up I forgot to mention this.

Add damage Vinktars does more damage against white trash mobs which we dont really care for. I prefer the penetration mod on Vinktars because it is the most effective one against bosses/rares. The build itself does not have any form of resist penetration (unless you give up the poison node on ascendency tree) hence 10% penetration ones melts bosses a lot faster than others.

Another option is to use phys to lightning vinktars and drop physical to lightning gem for something else in 6link. However you will be leeching less this way.
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Apr 13, 2016, 6:47:04 AM
You only have one duration cluster, and you don't run increased duration in your 6L. Don't you find you have to keep stopping to recast BV?
IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
"
Starlight85 wrote:
You only have one duration cluster, and you don't run increased duration in your 6L. Don't you find you have to keep stopping to recast BV?

I recast 2 stacks between whirling blades from time to time. My cast time is 0.17 seconds so I barely stop in this process. 12 stack is what I have most of the time clearing trash in T13+ maps and thats more than enough. For hard bosses I stack to 40 and go in. And for low maps I run around with less than 8 stacks n things die as I walk by.

I tested with duration as 6l and If I really needed it I would simply leave it there, but AoE performs way better for clear speed.

The second duration will be very nice tho, cuz it will affect immortal call as well.
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Apr 13, 2016, 8:05:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info