Content Update 2.2.2 Coming Tomorrow. Patch Notes Available Now!

"
PopeJo wrote:
"
grants a book that de-levels your character by one level.

suggestion: make it a daily race/PvP event you can join with your character but don't get XP there

Thats exactly what they dont want, and I support this - the 'lab run'cant decide if you do it for the leaderboard or not - and many players would be pissed off, if they dont get XP - at least in higher difficulties - while just running for enchantments.

My suggestion is to use a similar mechanic as with master XP (who can't get more than 1 level from a single mission): as long as you're under the restrictions (own level) to participate in the leaderboard, stop gaining XP 1 point below the level that exceeds the restriction. (so you would gain all xp but one point prior level 40 from lab in normal, as long as you're still under 40)

good? of course ;)
possible? hope so.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I am sorry but I am tired seeing "new" competition features like this. Is there anything else in the game than playing it as fast as u can?

In my opinion this is a contradiction of the game in itself because you have to leave all the features that makes the game enjoyable aside to be fast...

There are so many other options to create competition but well... nobody seems listening or is interested in it.

To be constructive , here are some suggestions in case any Community Manager crawls through this post.

-Apply a point value to nodes. The higher the power value the higher the point value and let ppl reach certain goals and let the one with the lowest power point value win.

-Remove certain nodes and/or gems from the game for some "races" so ppl have to become creative.

-Reaching a certain goal as the lowest level character let u win a race, not the fastest.

etc...

Devil~

The Dragon Hideout http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Aesthetics of Evil http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1076060
The Garden of the Ancients http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1051755
"
Devilbane wrote:
I am sorry but I am tired seeing "new" competition features like this. Is there anything else in the game than playing it as fast as u can?

In my opinion this is a contradiction of the game in itself because you have to leave all the features that makes the game enjoyable aside to be fast...

There are so many other options to create competition but well... nobody seems listening or is interested in it.

To be constructive , here are some suggestions in case any Community Manager crawls through this post.

-Apply a point value to nodes. The higher the power value the higher the point value and let ppl reach certain goals and let the one with the lowest power point value win.

-Remove certain nodes and/or gems from the game for some "races" so ppl have to become creative.

-Reaching a certain goal as the lowest level character let u win a race, not the fastest.

etc...

Devil~

Time penalties/bonuses idea:
-20 seconds to your result time per each level your character is under the lab area level
+30 seconds to your result time per each level your character is over the lab area level
My original account Dushan is banned.
I miss my Kiwi and Demigod's Presence.
:(
By reading any of Duchan's forum posts you agree to the following Duchan forum posts Terms of Use:
http://i.imgur.com/tmkhs22.png
Last edited by Duchan on Apr 13, 2016, 3:35:44 AM
Lovin it, finally I can use all these low level uniques i always wanted to use..
Definitely creating a new character for normal and maybe even for cruel :)

TY GGG!
Happy to see that the leaderboards finally arrive tomorrow - i feel that they should have been there from the start of the league. With its late launch players might not be that interested in competing in it.

The jewels are ment as "trophies" and not for creating builds with them (execpt for very niche purposes like Whispering Ice, Iron Commander and maybe some Iron Will builds - and even for those most other rare jewels do the trick), i get that but i think this wasn't a correct choice. If the jewels would provide something more interesting maybe buid enabling instead they would be more desireable to players for al upcomming leagues which makes the economy more intersting (because they are limited)

Another imporant point i would like to make: Why is the prize only awarded to the top player of the league and not for each individual top class?
By making it top player the race/competition will become very one-sided/one-dimensional very quickly. The fact that those jewels can be looked as a trophy and not a build enabling unique item it would be more feasible if they would be awarded by top class (even top subclass could be interesting, but this probably would generate too many jewels too quickly)

Not that i want to be devils advocate here but i have a bad feeling that this concept could fail easily and players would not engage in it as much as GGG hopes for due to:

- lack of reward
- bad timing (many players already left the challange leagues)
- one-dimensional competition (one class/build/setup will dominate when figured out in the first few days; which takes away a lot of skill and individuality from the players)
- perfromance is a big problem too (there are many loading zones in the lab itself - without a SSD and good hardware it is impossible to compete)

I really hope they change/ajust some of those things quickly before players loose interest in it like in PVP.
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Apr 13, 2016, 4:16:28 AM
"
TrueChaoSxTcS wrote:
"
grants a book that de-levels your character by one level

My one request for this is that if there's nothing else you can do with the book, PLEASE make the recipe cheap. It can already be costly for a low level character to remove passive points (especially if the player is experimenting and thus low/out of refund points), so don't make the recipe also require lots of Orbs of Regret and the like.

It'd nullify the entire point if lower level characters cannot afford it to begin with.

The de-level recipe should not be more than 1 regret at most i feel - that would be appropriate.

The recipe for the amulett ("Star of Wraeclast") should be very simple to figure out - i think it will be vendoring all of those 3 new jewels at the vendor to get the amulett ;-)
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Apr 13, 2016, 4:20:53 AM
"
PopeJo wrote:

as a side note: pls fix the visualization of the ascendancy points given at the end of the lab. when you click the shrine all it gives is an unresponsive disk. it doesn't even have a "close button". its just THERE, large, all over your screen and completely unresponsive.
you have to leave the shrine and use the passive tree to put the points there. that is not intuitive at all.
and can you give a hint at each ascension that it takes 5 normal respec points to respec a ascendancy point?
ty
Glad to see the labyrinth evolving. I am pretty underwhelmed the difficulty level of merci lab. I was so hoping for a much harder 'uber lab' to do the racing in. Or if at least the rewards were somewhat decent. Perhaps a new unique similar to the power of Atziri uniques that you receive after you have gotten 1st like 3 times or something. Sigh, seems like my lab runner will continue to be unemployed.
Last edited by Woodfist on Apr 13, 2016, 4:30:39 AM
SO pretty I don't care what you wrote I just wanna stare at the jewels and my big char!
can a bitch get her hat back
This leaderboard is pointless until they nerf whirling blades.
Do you even have to kill monsters or just whirling blade until the boss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info