[2.4]Cheap, Tanky, Reflect Immune ! Low Life Kinetic Blast Champion 110k+ dps 8k+ ES 18k eva!

Very nice build. Had I known about this thread a bit earlier, I would have gone with it. Currently playing bakedchicken's verion in PHC. Damage and clear speed are obviously never a concern but I feel SO squishy all the time. Rare reflect mobs in minus min max maps give me heart attack every time even with 8.5k ES and vinktar's. The pathing from Duelist is actually not that bad for wanders since you get some nice attack speed, accuracy, and damage. The leech nodes are also very helpful.

If you have a nice shield (550+ ES or so), I think the shield defense clusters (Command of Steel and Precise Interception) would give you more ES than the regular ES nodes. At that point, you might even think about spending 3 more points to get the Alchemist clusters and replace granite or basalt with a Rumi's and get max attack block but I guess it's over-defensive. I am heavily influenced by Matrixfactor's Undying bladefall build in THC so I tend to apply his tree to almost all of my characters. Again, those are just some minor suggestions to improve the defense of a well-rounded build with perma-fortify.
"
Very nice build. Had I known about this thread a bit earlier, I would have gone with it. Currently playing bakedchicken's verion in PHC. Damage and clear speed are obviously never a concern but I feel SO squishy all the time. Rare reflect mobs in minus min max maps give me heart attack every time even with 8.5k ES and vinktar's. The pathing from Duelist is actually not that bad for wanders since you get some nice attack speed, accuracy, and damage. The leech nodes are also very helpful.

If you have a nice shield (550+ ES or so), I think the shield defense clusters (Command of Steel and Precise Interception) would give you more ES than the regular ES nodes. At that point, you might even think about spending 3 more points to get the Alchemist clusters and replace granite or basalt with a Rumi's and get max attack block but I guess it's over-defensive. I am heavily influenced by Matrixfactor's Undying bladefall build in THC so I tend to apply his tree to almost all of my characters. Again, those are just some minor suggestions to improve the defense of a well-rounded build with perma-fortify.

Thanks for your comment ! I agree Baked version is very good, but MUCH more expensive than mine, and has like 0 defenses. You can achieve similar clearspeed with my build (atleast with the chaos/phys version) yet get incredible defenses. Reflect is NEVER a problem, you barely even get hit from mobs because of superhigh evasion.

You are right about duelist being not that bad - there is alot of accuracy, attackspeed and proj damage near which is great and otherwise hard to get. The leech nodes are OP imo.

And yes, with a very high ES shield shield defense nodes prolly are most efficient - i dont own such a shield though, esp not with spell damage on it :D i went for max. damage on the shield with as high ES as i could pay for, but swapping for a higher ES one prolly is a good idea at my point of dmg.

I use Alchemist cluster in the elemental version of my build and swapped out of it for pierce in the chaos version since i dont feel its needed. It would work well however with a legacy rumis.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

My Lootfilter: view-thread/1696052
Very nice build, I am trying to recreate it on my Champion tho I have some issues with the Auras set up.
I copy basicly your passives with all the aura reserve nodes from the tree possible to reach and I'm using 3lvl Enlighten so I end up with :

Herald of Ice + BM
Discipline + BM

Wrath + Grace + 3lvl Enlighten ( 270 mana left after those 2 auras)

Those are the only auras I can run so far , cannot use Haste nor Anger if I'm using high spell dmg + high es rare shield, which is a must since my ES pool is only 6k atm.

What do I miss and what should I change , improve ?
Do I need Anger / Haste and how I can use any of them?

"
Hardliner78 wrote:

Those are the only auras I can run so far , cannot use Haste nor Anger if I'm using high spell dmg + high es rare shield

thats the reason. With Prism guardian you can run two additional auras on life, thats what makes the shield so good.

I made two versions for this build. you pick one that fits your budget/playstyle:

version 1:
High ES/SPelldamage shield, Crown of eyes, running the same auras you run currently. Mostly physical and chaos damage

version 2:
Prism guardian as a shield, elemental-focused, no CoE but anger,wrath,grace in the shield on life, and discipline/Haste/one herald on mana

Last edited by cmphx on May 10, 2016, 11:26:23 AM
thinking bout trying that build
got a eq marauder, but kinda wanna start something range

got that wondering if its better than the unique wand wich boosts the elemental dmg

could probably manage a 5l shavs at some point i guess and would stick to the gloves u posted in ur budget build for now and any chest i guess

incase my wand isnt worth it to build a char around, u would still recommend a ele build instead of chaos right?

thanks for the guide very well written, and helpfull comments too
regards
"
Rufnet wrote:
thinking bout trying that build
got a eq marauder, but kinda wanna start something range

got that wondering if its better than the unique wand wich boosts the elemental dmg

could probably manage a 5l shavs at some point i guess and would stick to the gloves u posted in ur budget build for now and any chest i guess

incase my wand isnt worth it to build a char around, u would still recommend a ele build instead of chaos right?

thanks for the guide very well written, and helpfull comments too
regards

Hey thanks for your post ! That wand of yours is more than enough to start out. you can either craft flat cold damage, or %Physical damage on it and give it a go - for the elemental version, most of your damage comes from auras anyways so basicly you can go with a white wand from vendor and still kick ass. A good wand is the last thing you should invest into. Plus the unique wand ( Piscators Vigil) literally costs 1fusing/1chaos last time i checked. I think your wand should be better though and its enough to start.

If you want to give the build a try without investing much, it is definetely better to go with the elemental version at start: the investment to start out is really low.

The chaos version is stronger end game with great gear, but also costs a bit more. So yes, its better to start with the elemental version.

Very interesting build, I'll definitely try it on next HC league in June !

Keep up the good work
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
Hello!

Would you recommend this build as a first char for the new season?

And which ascendancy would you recommend now?

Thanks!
"
Diggleer wrote:
Hello!

Thanks!

Hey ! I wrote a few lines about 2.3 in the beginning of the first post now, you can check it out. Pretty much nothing changed, you can still pick the old ascendancy points. for the extra two points from uber lab i suggest going for inspirational.

If you are able to get a 5L shavs by the time you are lvl 75 in a new league, you can do this as a first character. If not, I suggest going for something else first.

You can also level as a 2h melee (earthquake) duelist. farm up some currency, buy decent gear (shavs mainly) then do the passive respec points quests and buy ~100 regret to respec into this build (lol). Thats what I did in Perandus basicly, regrets are cheap early on.

"
cmphx wrote:
"
Diggleer wrote:
Hello!

Thanks!

Hey ! I wrote a few lines about 2.3 in the beginning of the first post now, you can check it out. Pretty much nothing changed, you can still pick the old ascendancy points. for the extra two points from uber lab i suggest going for inspirational.

If you are able to get a 5L shavs by the time you are lvl 75 in a new league, you can do this as a first character. If not, I suggest going for something else first.

You can also level as a 2h melee (earthquake) duelist. farm up some currency, buy decent gear (shavs mainly) then do the passive respec points quests and buy ~100 regret to respec into this build (lol). Thats what I did in Perandus basicly, regrets are cheap early on.

Awesome, thanks for your answer. Earthquake is another build i want to try out, perfect! ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info