[2.4]Cheap, Tanky, Reflect Immune ! Low Life Kinetic Blast Champion 110k+ dps 8k+ ES 18k eva!

"
cmphx wrote:
"
Diggleer wrote:
Hello!

Would you recommend this build as a first char for the new season?

And which ascendancy would you recommend now?

Thanks!

Hey ! I wrote a few lines about 2.3 in the beginning of the first post now, you can check it out. Pretty much nothing changed, you can still pick the old ascendancy points. for the extra two points from uber lab i suggest going for inspirational.

If you are able to get a 5L shavs by the time you are lvl 75 in a new league, you can do this as a first character. If not, I suggest going for something else first.

You can also level as a 2h melee (earthquake) duelist. farm up some currency, buy decent gear (shavs mainly) then do the passive respec points quests and buy ~100 regret to respec into this build (lol). Thats what I did in Perandus basicly, regrets are cheap early on.

Hey cmphx. i very like the idea to leave some DPS behind and instead go more tanky, thats exactly what i want for the new league, im so tired of these builds where you are suddenly dead bc you didnt were super careful.
as above asked.... you say you would not suggest this build for starting the league unless you get a Shav's fast
can you maybe post us a version with chaos innoculation instead until we can manage to get shavs?
i really want to play this build for the start but i doubt i will collect the currency fast enough although im a trader guy
"

Hey cmphx. i very like the idea to leave some DPS behind and instead go more tanky, thats exactly what i want for the new league, im so tired of these builds where you are suddenly dead bc you didnt were super careful.

Hey, that was exactly the idea behind this build, I'm glad I am not the only one prefering that approach. Especially if you want to go past lvl92, its just not enjoyable anymore with 4500 life and almost no defenses.

"

as above asked.... you say you would not suggest this build for starting the league unless you get a Shav's fast
can you maybe post us a version with chaos innoculation instead until we can manage to get shavs?
i really want to play this build for the start but i doubt i will collect the currency fast enough although im a trader guy

Going CI could be a good idea for starters. Going Life/hybrid also works, in fact I've played a block/life+ES hybrid gladiator for a while, but it requires acuities pretty much, so that is out of question for starters.

The problem is that for CI, ranger, Witch, Shadow or Scion are much better starting points on the tree. So i suggest to go life based first as a duelist, and accept that you will feel a bit squishy at the start. you can respec into Lowlife at around level 80.

But if youre a good trader, you can just go melee at first and have no issues leveling, then buy 100 regrets and do a respec fest. regrets are cheap early on, and a "1 regret buyout tab" with trash items will do wonders.

Oh and you can check out my super budget section in the 1st post. I used a Solaris lorica and 4links and still was able to clear T9 reflect maps, so maybe you just go lorica+thunderfist. please dont 5L the lorica or try to color it. Thunderfist is fine until you get a 5L shavs. You will already have the insane defenses from the build. Be sure to use a granite flask of iron skin, makes you really tanky.

The only difference to a fully geared guy is that you "only" get about 3-4k ES and your dps is about half of the fully evolved version, but still plenty for yellow maps. As crazy as it sounds, but 4K ES actually is enough for 90% of encounters in maps basicly, because you have so much defenses and fortify and with vaal pact and good damage you leech so much back. It just cant prevent you to die from oneshots, thats all. So your ES pool cant save you from ice nova boxes, corpse explosions, volatiles, bearers, beyond bosses. Anything else is just as fine. Once you get shavs and higher levels, you can easily reach 6k ES which i would consider the minimum to feel good, 8K will be close to immortal.

edit: budget build in action, video from the video section: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npqya1x-ZaE

edit2: Oh and while we're at it, as i wrote many times in the original post, 100% pierce chance combined with frostwall+spell echo is the secret to great single target damage. It requires a bit of practice and good wall placement, but once you found out how to use it, it feels really good. So if you have problems with bosses, check again if you do it correctly ( pierce nodes from tree + pierce gem. Frost wall with echo close to the bosses).
The single target damage is directly proportional to the number of walls stacking close to the boss, keep that in mind. Check my videos, or mathil's to see how to do it properly (well I am still improving but i guess I am getting there:D)
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on May 28, 2016, 6:28:40 AM
first of all thanks for the intensive answer, a regret-orb crap-buyout tab is a good idea

"
cmphx wrote:

Oh and you can check out my super budget section in the 1st post. I used a Solaris lorica and 4links and still was able to clear T9 reflect maps, so maybe you just go lorica+thunderfist. please dont 5L the lorica or try to color it. Thunderfist is fine until you get a 5L shavs. You will already have the insane defenses from the build. Be sure to use a granite flask of iron skin, makes you really tanky.

maybe i missed something, but if you do it this way like in your video, how can someone survive chaos dmg? oO
solaris lorica has the same effect as shavs - chaos damage cannot bypass energy shield
instructive guide. sadly it's will be a pain in labs and T4 labs WILL be the place to be farm wise.
"
galuf wrote:
instructive guide. sadly it's will be a pain in labs and T4 labs WILL be the place to be farm wise.

as with any ES character i guess. However you can precast frostwalls in izaro fights so that once he is up, you spam diamond flask + KB and he dies instantly
wow , wait , lol , i read cheap LOW LIFE XD
well first of all thanx for the build , im HC player and was making som elike this in PHC before got bored with my char lvl 97 , just for try and just because i love KB .

Let me tell you LL NEVER is cheap , maybe your build is cheaper than others in comparation but that doesnt make it a "cheap build" 6L shavs , multimod Wand , crown of eyes , good ES gear ... 15+ exa gear atleast in worth . 2 You use a phys wand and youre saying Refelct inmunity.... well bro that is just not true , is doable but not inmunity imo . i know youre using added chaos dmg gem and all that stuff with mathil idea wich is nice but that doesnt make you Inmunity TO PHYS REFLECT , im sure if you dont pop your falsk all time and you crit a big pack you kill yourself .

but im not here to blame u ;D . Here come the solve : pick a ilvl 83+ imbued wand , craft a T1-2 chaos dmg roll (its easy get nice rolls) and you will be inmune to Reflect , thats what i made for PHC and worked really nice , you will not loose dps since all your dmg in tree comes from : Proj dmg , and increased Wand dmg , wich is really nice . got a 240 chaos dps wand with 200 alts or maybe less.

do you think going LL are getting more defendes than Life based verion of this??id like know it . ty again for the build and dont take me bad buddy!!
"
Rulky wrote:
well first of all thanx for the build , im HC player and was making som elike this in PHC before got bored with my char lvl 97 , just for try and just because i love KB .

Let me tell you LL NEVER is cheap , maybe your build is cheaper than others in comparation but that doesnt make it a "cheap build" 6L shavs , multimod Wand , crown of eyes , good ES gear ... 15+ exa gear atleast in worth . 2 You use a phys wand and youre saying Refelct inmunity.... well bro that is just not true , is doable but not inmunity imo . i know youre using added chaos dmg gem and all that stuff with mathil idea wich is nice but that doesnt make you Inmunity TO PHYS REFLECT , im sure if you dont pop your falsk all time and you crit a big pack you kill yourself .

but im not here to blame u ;D . Here come the solve : pick a ilvl 83+ imbued wand , craft a T1-2 chaos dmg roll (its easy get nice rolls) and you will be inmune to Reflect , thats what i made for PHC and worked really nice , you will not loose dps since all your dmg in tree comes from : Proj dmg , and increased Wand dmg , wich is really nice . got a 240 chaos dps wand with 200 alts or maybe less.

do you think going LL are getting more defendes than Life based verion of this??id like know it . ty again for the build and dont take me bad buddy!!

hey please read the whole thing before you post here. The "cheap + reflect immune" refers to the elemental version which can use piscators as a wand and uses prism guardian as a shield, nothing expensive. A 5L shavs was cheap in perandus league and i've posted a super budget section aswell.

The phys/chaos version i marked as "more expensive but a bit better"

As you can see in the videos the elemental version is completely reflect proof. The phys/chaos one indeed is reliant on granite flask up to be 100% safe.

And yes you can use a 100% chaos wand, but then you definetely need duelist leech nodes to sustain mana and leech enough life. In fact i crafted two chaos wands but didnt end up using them lol.

And i guess this build is probably the most defensive wander you can make. Fortify, 18000 evasion, 14000 armour with a granite, 8K ES and some block, vaal pact.

a CI Pathfinder with vinktars, taste of hate + rumis probably can stack more defenses, but they are out if your flasks are out. Most of the defenses for my build have 100% uptime
Last edited by cmphx on May 29, 2016, 2:23:59 AM
haha thx for explanation of Solaris chest piece, my bad, didnt noticed it has the same mod as Shav's

ok as im here to ask the budget questions:
What is needed to make the change from elemental setup to Phys/Chaos (as you state is good or better for this build), just a high physical DPS imbued wand? (How much DPS on wand is considered "good"?)
e.g. Do you make changes in the Tree when you decide to switch to Phys/Chaos?

Kind regards
Last edited by airparisderjesus on May 29, 2016, 10:35:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info