State of Exile Community Podcast - Featuring Chris Wilson

"
Except that is not what Chris said. What he said was that if they make trading easier/faster (like an auction house would work), it would make the game much easier (because of the available items in said auction house). And then they would have to balance around that, which makes the game much harder for people who don't engage that much in trading. I agree with him on that point (remembering very well the times another game I won't mention here had an auction house on which that game was balanced around - that auction house made the game much harder for players who weren't into item flipping)

I get your point. But as i said (read my previous comment), people who already traide a lot, gets those perks - game is easyer for them becouse they spent time using limited means of trading (chanel, poe.trade, ect.). For people like me, trade is so broken it's hardly useble. I dont understand how more accessible trading would make my experance in game more difficult. Ofcourse it would if pvp and competitive playing would be a thing (even in those cases you still can disable or limit trading, let say for races, events or pvp only characters or smth). But then game is all about pve and especially about builds that just requires specific uniques to even run, it doesnt make sense. If i want to run at least half decent build (past 60 lvl at least) i still end up trading, but that trading is so frustrating that at some point i just quit it for same time along with a game itself.

My thougt is: if you let trading - make it usable, if you do not want trade crippling the game - disable it altogether.

Meanwhile, making trading easyer via stash tabs introduces even more inequality among players and dicontent for me. As was said by ziggy (not actual quote, as i cant recall exactly) - such things can lead to people labeling game as pay to win.
Last edited by asvarna on Apr 12, 2016, 4:25:37 AM
I love what GGG has done with the game with Ascendancy and so do everyone i know. Perandus is the funnest league ive played so far, made 7 characters in it. Pvp isnt what makes this game fun. Diablo 2 lacked endgame content, thats why pvp was a big part of it.

Thanks Chris for the podcast! I like the ideas and transparency. I understand that premium stash tab are supporting the development, optional and not P2W.
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
"
asvarna wrote:
Decided to share my opininion regarding one aspect of the game - trading. First time sharing, tho i'm in this community for a long time now, so to speak.
Not having normal in game trading system for me is kinda a game breaking thing. They say that having open for all, easy accessible trading system would have drowbacks. Especially concerning "quiet" part of players who are unsocial and mostly do not trade or do not trade at all. As such accessibility of unique items would immpose further distincion between players. I do not agree.
I think that this limited and excessively complex trading "system" exactly does the opposite - isolates those players. I am one of those players. I don't like trading because of its complexity and time it takes. If you want to buy or sell items, you have to use trade chanel or poe.trade. Both of those are far from convenient. For example, if you want to sell via trade chanel, you have to spam chanel hundreds of times, days by days, write to player and ect. If you dont have time or decire, you end up with nothing. Contrary to players who puts quite some time and effort, so players-traders, social ones. Morover they also end up with better gear and dictates prices, forms game economy. So you still fall behind as you cant catch up, earn or trade as much. Point is - ones who has/buys best items do that even with broken trade system and will do, ones who does not put up with this - are excluded at the moment.

Now, if you would make trading easily accessible, it would simply encourage those people to actually use it.

Simple thing - i want to trade, so make it approchable at last.

What I'd like to see in PoE trading is asynchronicity.

- I want people to buy my stuff when I'm not online (most of the day) or when I'm not standing around in my hideout (most of the time I'm online).
- I want to buy stuff from people when they're not online and don't want to bother them while they're mapping.

- I don't need in-game search for items.
- I don't even mind out of game posting of items for sale.
Third party ways to search and catalogue your stuff are more customizable than whatever is hard-coded into the game.

- Gate the asynchronous selling behind killing last Merciless boss or whatever late-game achievement.
- Gate it behind hours played.
- Gate it behind a paywall.
- Limit the number of trades per day or tax them.

But please don't make us trade the silly way we do now, because it's really unbecoming of a game in 2016.
I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
"
asvarna wrote:

My thougt is: if you let trading - make it usable, if you do not want trade crippling the game - disable it altogether.

Meanwhile, making trading easyer via stash tabs introduces even more inequality among players and dicontent for me. As was said by ziggy (not actual quote, as i cant recall exactly) - such things can lead to people labeling game as pay to win.

I agree wholeheartedly on the second point. Give everyone a free premium tab for trading, i would love that. Chris mentioned why they decided against doing that and I found that explanation a little bit odd, sounded to me like they wanted to find a reason not to do it. Although he added that they might do it in the future, but that the player might have to unlock it (by running a first map for example), which would be fine by me.
When Chris was saying that there are a lot of people who don't like to trade he kind of missed out that a lot of people don't like to trade because the trading system right now requires a lot of effort. So people like me for example trade only when they have to. You know I love to trade and make currency, or buy good items but using poe.trade to find items, then writing to the person in game where in half of the time the guy will be either afk or away or something not answering makes the trading less enjoyable. So i kinda think the argument that making the trading easier would make it unbalance because people don't like to trade its invalid.. All you have to do is create a trading system that is very user friendly so anyone and everyone can use it.
NEW HIDEOUT TYPES!!!!

I WANT DOMINUS TOWER!! WITH THE RAIN BALCONY!!!

Last edited by CaoMengde on Apr 12, 2016, 3:41:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info