State of Exile Community Podcast - Featuring Chris Wilson

Cool
Saved
I'll never support this game, not one dime! I hate you all!!
Finest Hardcore Gaming Guild ~Soldiers of the Wasteland~ sotwguild.com
All the PvP community would like to thank you for lying to us for more than a year saying that you were aware of the main pvp flaws and would like to work on those in a close future.

"
Chris wrote:
Are you guys planning to do something about the actual and future state of pvp? Ascendancy will bring some incredible buffs to our characters and the community are worried it will turn into a one-shot fest again and make some spec less interesting (CI would be crit 100% of the time using the Assassin subclass for example) and some would be way too strong (Crit templar ignoring resistances).

Some core team members want to spend some time improving PvP balance. This is a good goal, though we want to make sure that PvE content comes first.

I guess that was some bullshit wrote to keep us pvp supporter around. Congratulation it worked and you managed to get another supporter pack from me but be sur that I'll NEVER spend another dollar again on this game.
Last edited by IceDeal on Apr 10, 2016, 10:41:46 PM
Love it when Chris takes on community questions.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Jerle wrote:
Love it when Chris takes on community questions.

ye i think we should clone him and have his clone appear on streams more frequently :)

or maybe some sort of reality show inside of a game dev studio - cameras everywere :D
IGN : Sir_Big
G_G_G tnx Chris
YES! Server stability! I disconnected. That's how I saw this link in the login page...
"
IceDeal wrote:
All the PvP community would like to thank you for lying to us for more than a year saying that you were aware of the main pvp flaws and would like to work on those in a close future.

"
Chris wrote:
Are you guys planning to do something about the actual and future state of pvp? Ascendancy will bring some incredible buffs to our characters and the community are worried it will turn into a one-shot fest again and make some spec less interesting (CI would be crit 100% of the time using the Assassin subclass for example) and some would be way too strong (Crit templar ignoring resistances).

Some core team members want to spend some time improving PvP balance. This is a good goal, though we want to make sure that PvE content comes first.

I guess that was some bullshit wrote to keep us pvp supporter around. Congratulation it worked and you managed to get another supporter pack from me but be sur that I'll NEVER spend another dollar again on this game.

Why jump straight to "They lied!" and "Malicious intent!"????

How do you know they haven't been trying to figure it out this whole time and inevitably gave into reason?
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
"
Sairven wrote:

Why jump straight to "They lied!" and "Malicious intent!"????

How do you know they haven't been trying to figure it out this whole time and inevitably gave into reason?

Because I and other pvp players had multiple PM conversations with the devs those last weeks about topics involving PvP and we've been promised that they were looking into it. Now Chris officially announce that they won't spend any more ressources on it.

God we even made a topic listing all the major pvp flaws with examples to make their work easier, it was totally ignored like every other topics involving pvp balance.

Check the pvp forums if you don't believe me.
Last edited by IceDeal on Apr 10, 2016, 11:15:16 PM
Gotta admit... I thought Chris was just sitting really really still until he started talking and his mouth didn't move.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info