Niffler´s Build Guides

What are the downsides / upsides of using Malachai's Loop over Voll's Protector? (other than stats ( more ES, but less Spell Damage and Resistances, etc, which you can get on a rare shield)

I mean, how's is the Power Charge generation difference? Can you explain how Discharge works with this (like... do you end up losing your Power Charges before Discharge "attacks" very often?

Or does the Discharge always / most of the time "moves" faster than the Loop's downside effect of losing all Power Charges when you reach your max Power Charges?

Cheers! :)
Could you please consider breaking the FT inquisitor skill tree down into stages? Because after the lvling section, you simply gave us finished tree and left us to "figure out the rest by ourselfs". In the video guide, you only talk about key nodes and their synergy. No mention about when to take crit or life nodes, when to respec those 5 pts from the beginning or when we should take jewel sockets. Your build looks interesting, strong and easy-to-play, and i was initially very excited to try it, but this absence of any other proper lvling skill tree advices (other than the initial one) scares me away.

EDIT: Figured it out myself, with a bit of help from a friend who also plays your build.

For anyone interested or someone who also seeks aid, i divided it this way:

1. Head to Ancestral Bond
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAQSzCaoaOCcvKhM62FjlWfNaK2aeaPJyD4Kbi4yQVaIAo_LAZsCa2fzhc-w47SDwH_nd

2. Get all the way down to Unwavering Stance and Blood Magic (grab the life and dmg nodes along the way)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAQHnBLMJqg48FE0UcRiRGjglvCcvKhMspzpSOthKxFjlWfNaK2aeaPJyD3KpdqyCB4Kbi4yQVZ_LogCj8qcwrKq8n8BmwJrPftl82fzbT9-_4MPhc-oY7DjtIPAf9q73Mvjr-d38Sw==

3. Make a straight lines for Mind over Matter and Eldritch Battery (5 pts respeced near the beginning)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAQHnBAcEswmqDjwUTRRxGJEaOB0UHwIlvCcvKhMspy0fMtE2xTpSRUdKxEyzWOVZ81orZp5o8nIPcql2rIIHgh6FMouMj0aQVZUgn8uiAKPypwinMKyqvJ_AZsCawfPPftgk2XzZ_NsL20_fv-DD6hjr7vAf9q73Mvjr-d360vxL

4. Grab all the crit and life nodes on the left side of the tree (in order of importance; 1 point respeced between Shaman's Dominion and Cruel Preparation)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAQHnBAcEswVCCaoOPBEtFE0UcRZvGJEaOB0UJbwnLyoTLJwspy0fMtE2xTpSQZZFR0WdSsRMs06uU1JVxljlWfNaK15dZp5o8nIPcql2rHyDggeCHoPbg_OFMouMjmSPRpBVlSCa4J_LogCj8qcIpzCnlKyqrhKus7E2tvq8n8BmwJrB889-0PXR_dgk2XzZ_NsL20_fv-DD42rqGOvu8B_2rvcy96b46_nd-tL8Sw==

5. Move to the right side of the tree and fill life, crit and the Shadow area
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAQHnBAcEswVCBx4Jqg48DkgPxBEtEZYUTRRxFm8WvxiRGjgdFCW8JpUnLyoLKhMsnCynLR8y0TbFOlI7fEGWRUdFnUlRSsRMs06uU1JVS1XGWOVZ81orXfJeXWHiZp5o8nBScg9yqXasfIN_xoIHgh6D24PzhTKJ04uMjDaOZI9Gj_qQVZUglS6a4J_LogCio6PypwinMKeUrKquEq6zsTa2-rjKuZO8n8BmwJrB88MJz37Q9dH92CTZfNn82wvbT9-_4MPjauoY6-7r9fAf8NXyHfau9zL3pvjr-d360vxL

6. Complete the skill tree with jewel sockets (you can grab some of them earlier, if you find any good jewels or if you buy the Clear Mind jewel)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUAAQHnBAcEswVCBx4Jqg48DkgPxBEtEZYUTRRxFm8WvxiRGjgc3B0UJbwmlScvKgsqEyycLKctHzLRNsU6Ujt8QZZFR0WdSVFKxEyzTq5TUlVLVcZY5VnzWitd8l5dYeJmVGaeaGVo8nBScg9yqXasfIN_xoIHgh6D24PzhTKJ04uMjDaOZI8aj0aP-pBVlG-VIJUumuCfy6IAoqOj8qcIpzCnlKyqrhKus7E2tvq4yrmTvJ_AZsCawfPDCc9-0B_Q9dH92CTZfNn82wvbT9-_4MPjauoY6-7r9e_r8B_w1fId8932rvcy96b46_nd-tL8Sw==
Last edited by petrsarky on Jun 18, 2016, 7:24:21 PM
Hello,

I was wondering for the FT build, do we really need all those bottom points ( more than 20 ! ) , and do we really need blood magic ? With a single herald like thunder + clarity, isn't that good enough to not be on low mana for the mantle ? Cause if I understand well, the main reason we good so far down the skill tree is to avoid being on low mana by picking bloodmagic. But The same amount of life and totem damage can be picked with the node " totemic mastery " and the " constitution " cluster .

That's just an idea, Im wondering if it wouldn't be " better " , saving us some skill points. So we don't have to use MoM / EB aswell.

Let me know what you think, I just want to optimize this even if I find that you've already did it :D
"
Wardalf wrote:
What are the downsides / upsides of using Malachai's Loop over Voll's Protector? (other than stats ( more ES, but less Spell Damage and Resistances, etc, which you can get on a rare shield)

I mean, how's is the Power Charge generation difference? Can you explain how Discharge works with this (like... do you end up losing your Power Charges before Discharge "attacks" very often?

Or does the Discharge always / most of the time "moves" faster than the Loop's downside effect of losing all Power Charges when you reach your max Power Charges?

Cheers! :)

Malachai's Loop is great for the first days of a league where 5L volls are expensive and for lategame as you are able to play lowlife with shavs or just get tons of es with a rare vaal regalia.

When ur starting this build now, volls dirtchaep and ur not on an endgame budget i´d just go volls. Solo target of volls sucks though till u get a 6L which is also pretty cheap by now due to phrophecy...
youtube.com/Niffler
IGN.: Niffler
"
jeysen wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering for the FT build, do we really need all those bottom points ( more than 20 ! ) , and do we really need blood magic ? With a single herald like thunder + clarity, isn't that good enough to not be on low mana for the mantle ? Cause if I understand well, the main reason we good so far down the skill tree is to avoid being on low mana by picking bloodmagic. But The same amount of life and totem damage can be picked with the node " totemic mastery " and the " constitution " cluster .

That's just an idea, Im wondering if it wouldn't be " better " , saving us some skill points. So we don't have to use MoM / EB aswell.

Let me know what you think, I just want to optimize this even if I find that you've already did it :D

For my playstyle and build, bloodmagic has so many synergies its never worth replacing.
youtube.com/Niffler
May I ask, does the FT Inq survival get better later on, as of right now on lvl 58 fast mobs give me a lot of problems and I would assume it only gets worse once I get into maps with movement speed/cast speed prefixes.

Other than that, great build, I've always wanted something with flame totems, whirling blades and high dmg. Neither marauder nor witch gave me a good experience with that as either low dmg, or very poor suitability despite the super careful playstyle. I wondered if there's a crit Chieftan and how would it compare to this build

Thanks.
Last edited by xecutable on Jul 4, 2016, 5:12:02 PM
Hello Niffler,
I'm building FT and i have 8 accendancy point. So 2 point endgame, can i take Augury of Penitence?
Thanks
Hi Niffler,

im playing a FT Build, what do u think about Winds of change instead of the Facebreaker?

ty
really want to try the inquisitor crit flame totem build, but in your video guides are you using your insane, lvl 27 flame totem setup that you have listed in the gear? cos in that case it's no surprise that you're melting everything including atziri.

i mean assuming pleb, non-corrupted lvl 21 gems and no lvl 4 empower and no +1 6L mantle, does this build still melt?
"
really want to try the inquisitor crit flame totem build, but in your video guides are you using your insane, lvl 27 flame totem setup that you have listed in the gear? cos in that case it's no surprise that you're melting everything including atziri.

i mean assuming pleb, non-corrupted lvl 21 gems and no lvl 4 empower and no +1 6L mantle, does this build still melt?

yup, i started with a 5c 5l and two 2c wands and 40k dps is ez to achieve with that. No need for GG endgame gear, but if u have it use it ;D
youtube.com/Niffler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info