My wallet will talk

"
Char1983 wrote:
Get better then. I've not run the lab a whole lot, but with WB it is indeed pretty fast.

There are certainly people who do it in less than 10 minutes. Knowing the layout helps, but then again, you can find the layout on reddit if you want to.

If it takes more than 20 minutes even if you are trying to be fast, you are doing something wrong.

When I looked there were no layouts on reddit except for the merciless level. Perhaps that was because it was fairly soon after the master daily missions were reset?

Sure there are people that do it in less than 10 minutes. That is irrelevant though. That is a good time for people that like playing labyrinth and practice playing labyrinth, not people that dislike labyrinth and play it as little as possible. Learning the general labyrinth layout takes time and practice just like any new map that one is not familiar with only I suspect the labyrinth is worse because GGG designed it to be a ... a ... labyrinth! DUH!!!

The three times I tried the labyrinth I was definitely doing something wrong. I know now what I was doing wrong. What I was doing wrong was running the boring tedious frustrating and not fun labyrinth. I don't plan on making that horrible mistake again.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
it took me one or two runs to learn the basics of how the lab works.

Its pretty simple:
Run North in some way, there'll be a door, go through it, check the map, is it progress?

If not progress, go back, find new exit

If progress, repeat by following edge of map.

If gold door, find nearby exit and check it is gold key, complete circular loop going through traps, exit.

The exits are almost always in NW or NE corner of map, so its pretty easy to go that way.

And similar to the run from prison to ship graveyard, its just follow a wall and run.

Ignore mobs unless you want exp, kll blue/rare for xp anyway (good xp on blue/rares).

Izzy fights are a different thing, but similarily you can learn his fight patterns, he's like Vaal Oversoul, seems hard to begin with, but once you understand he's relatively easy. Not quite as easy but similar in process of seems hard but you can learn.

With these basics, and a build that can kill izzy (damn is he tanky), runs of 10 minutes blind are pretty easy. 5 minutes, probably not blind. 10 minutes blind on double gold key? Yeah I've done that. Main thing is 'can you kill izzy fast/safely', and that's a different topic.

If your taking 20-30 minutes, that's really bad, I think I full cleared all instances in that sort of time, either your paying too much attention and moving too slow, you have -30ms somehow, or theres something else wrong with HOW you are playing.
Last edited by Real_Wolf on Apr 7, 2016, 12:54:12 AM
"
Real_Wolf wrote:

If your taking 20-30 minutes, that's really bad, I think I full cleared all instances in that sort of time, either your paying too much attention and moving too slow, you have -30ms somehow, or theres something else wrong with HOW you are playing.

Thanks for the tips on the lab layout.

First - To tell the truth I didn't actually time the run with a clock.
Second - Clear speed is not something that I personally care about very much. I play for fun and to relax.
Third - If by "Full clear" you mean clearing all (or almost all) of the monsters and opening all the chests and breaking all pots etc. then yes, usually play I play that way. The only common exception is when go into a waypoint and want to get back to where I left off on a quest and was quickly trying to get back to the place after an interruption to my game playing.
Fourth - You are showing what could easily be considered an insulting attitude to others like me that may not want to play the game like you want to play. I wouldn't consider paying too much attention and leaving monsters behind in the path I just took to be really bad, wrong, and moving too slow.

Kind Regards
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
unranked wrote:
Dear GGG

I realise I'm one of the many customers who's paid for titles, stash tabs, various other MTXs, and that my money might not be a whole lot, but...

I will simply just not make any more effort to try and gather the resources to buy any sort of supporter packs. Reason being: this latest expansion, Ascendancy, is a flop in my eyes; it's unfun, tedious, it's gating a rather important choice about our character behind a pretty crap system, which shouldn't be the case.

In the past, after I got bored a certain build/character, I just re-rolled something new. Tried many things, and they were all fun. Then this expansion came, and I just no longer can bring myself to re-roll anymore. To think that I have to run the Labyrinth again, encountering that very badly implemented, yet still cool idea, called the Lab, I'd just rather close the game.

I'm not quitting or anything, but simply, I'll just let my wallet speak; I will not give you any more of money.

Sincerely,

a lost customer.

Send it to GGG's Support, and not to us. If you want to address GGG, do it properly.

Also, see you tomorrow.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Real_Wolf wrote:

Thanks for the tips on the lab layout.

First - To tell the truth I didn't actually time the run with a clock.
Second - Clear speed is not something that I personally care about very much. I play for fun and to relax.
Third - If by "Full clear" you mean clearing all (or almost all) of the monsters and opening all the chests and breaking all pots etc. then yes, usually play I play that way. The only common exception is when go into a waypoint and want to get back to where I left off on a quest and was quickly trying to get back to the place after an interruption to my game playing.
Fourth - You are showing what could easily be considered an insulting attitude to others like me that may not want to play the game like you want to play. I wouldn't consider paying too much attention and leaving monsters behind in the path I just took to be really bad, wrong, and moving too slow.

Kind Regards

My point is, if you don't like it, don't spend ages doing "third and fourth".

If you do like it, go ahead and do that, whatever works for you. My tips are for people who say "I dislike doing lab", you seem to be saying "I dislike doing it but also want to do it completely and spend a lot of time on it" which is weird
I'd also love to mention that OP bought Challenger pack, which came out with Ascendancy.

So you hate Ascendancy, yet bought supporter pack for that expansion.

There goes your money talk. Lol.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Apr 7, 2016, 2:04:58 AM
As it should. But you obviously didn't apply your wallet will speak. You have a challenger pack which is ascendancy pack. I got mine last week after trial and satisfaction.

Labs suck but enough is good to keep me playing so I decided to pony up afterwards.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 7, 2016, 3:07:10 AM
I'll buy the next supporter pack because i enjoy the current stuff, sry OP! :o

Turtledove, if you're not into hyper-speed leveling to end-game and like to clear full zones i would be genuinely interested what exactly is it you consider fun for yourself or so unfun in the lab.
I'm sometimes rather slow too and enjoy some exploration, but also did some races which helped me getting used to ignore some monsters/chests to lvl at least to 20 rather fast if i die/get a new char-idea.
Actually looking forward to my next lab run for Chieftain when i got time next week..
PN if you like to discuss privately, not trying to belittle your opinion.
Last edited by Antaiseito on Apr 7, 2016, 3:35:58 AM
"
unranked wrote:

In the past, after I got bored a certain build/character, I just re-rolled something new. Tried many things, and they were all fun. Then this expansion came, and I just no longer can bring myself to re-roll anymore. To think that I have to run the Labyrinth again, encountering that very badly implemented, yet still cool idea, called the Lab, I'd just rather close the game.

Completely agree on this point and I am in same stage as you are.

Spoiler

This is gear I have ready for my dual crit flame totem on normal HC, even thought I have this gear ready I won´t get myself to reroll and equip the gear... it´s sad and I hope it gets changed soon... I think good fix would be removing izzaro from lab and keeping labyrinth to be run just for enchants and making fight with izzaro separated and staged in 3 arenas just for ascendancy points so they don´t need to remove anything just separate these things.
Last edited by NarraX1337 on Apr 7, 2016, 5:04:07 AM
"
"
pajingtonn wrote:
Lab is 30 minutes... did full lab run(normal-cruel-merciless)on three characters...=1,5h*3=4,5hours. I spend more time just checking trade chat sometimes...

30? Lmao more like 5-10 mins once you memorize it you breeze through it unless your ES of course.

You are once again getting obnoxious just because someone doesn't like to play the way you think everyone should play. People talking about speed clearing have a fine style of playing the game. However, I don't understand how you can be so arrogant to think that your play style is the "correct" way to play the game. The correct play style is whatever is fun for that person. There is not correct play style for everyone?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info