[2.3] Occultist Poison Voltaxic Spark (Now includes video demonstration)

"
BKrisz wrote:
Okay,I guess this is gonna be my build for the 2w event.It might be a bit too expensive to start with,but I like having a goal to work towards,so this should be nice.Never rolled a spark build before,and i wanna try it out before it gets nerfed into oblivion.
for the 2week race you can just play hybrid instead of CI. Pretty much the same build. If you want to play a life variant, you can just follow zizaran's build.
This is a pretty good build and I enjoy playing it.

I made some changes to my gear, cuz I got some nice stuff for a lightning build and wanted to test it out. Works pretty well for me.
Since I also be too lame to six socket and six link my Voltaxic, I had to make some changes to Gem settings as well. So I play Orb of Storm with a crazy combi of IAoE, Less Dur and Incr Duration. This handles minor mobs pretty nice and procs EleOverload. I also use Lightning Golem to have some more Castspeed and let it spawn with CWDT which I levelled to 20.

Heres my Gear:
Spoiler

My stats atm: 10k ES, 17.6k DPS without charges. Lvl 92
Last edited by StorgutBorsit on May 18, 2016, 8:22:44 AM
Hmm that ring (Valako's Sign) seems pretty interesting. Never seen that one before, but looks to have great synergy! Using Orb of Storms and Lightning Golem is kinda interesting too since I usually overlook the bonuses they give.

Also you reminded me that I wanted to increase the level of my Immortal Call setup but never got round to it since I pretty much have it on the default levels.
Last edited by liamwpk on May 17, 2016, 2:32:06 AM
One thing I don't understand is, how the sparks behave sometimes. Like not going through Iron Bars or flying over fences.
But more annoying is the fact that they don't are able to kill animated weapons. Anyone got an explanation for that? Or is it a bug?
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
One thing I don't understand is, how the sparks behave sometimes. Like not going through Iron Bars or flying over fences.
But more annoying is the fact that they don't are able to kill animated weapons. Anyone got an explanation for that? Or is it a bug?
The information I got was that the Animated Weapons are flying objects and that since Spark is a ground projectile, it doesn't reach them. But seems a bit of a weird rule.
I still went CI in the end;I don't really like hybrid.I didn't really feel like playing tho,I guess I've just had enough of perandus,and flashback was pretty meh for me(and i was occupied with irl stuff),so I couldn't even get to lvl 90.No whispers of doom yet,so i'm missing temp chains,even died a few times where tempchains would've saved me :|

Here's my shitty gear:

Spoiler

The chest was a lucky scour-alch on a ilvl 84,only took one.Veil was pretty cheap,so I've decided to farm currency for it;5 mins later BAM,veil drop.The rest is pretty bad,not even capped cold res.

My experience with the build:I can see why it is pretty good,but I didn't push it to the limits;no 6l,no dualcurse,no q and lvl 20/21 on gems,no enchants and most importantly no levels :'D I'm gonna rob my CI trickster in perandus when I get there and farm lab for the enchants with my life based marauder;maybe then I'll see the light.Still wanted to check in at the end of 2w,so here it is.

Thanks for the build!
Last edited by BKrisz on May 21, 2016, 6:34:23 PM
Don't burn yourself out before the new league! Although Voltaxic Spark is likely to be terrible next league.
Welp, RIP this build. Probably won't even be viable in Standard. Thanks GGG.
So I'll be playtesting the build again when Prophecy League comes out. I'm hoping that this iteration of the build can still be somewhat viable. If not I'll just scrap it for now.
Do you think this build is still viable? I'm back to PoE after 4 years as I pretty much played it last time in Beta and didn't know what build to use and so one recommended this. I've had fun with it so far but would like to know what you think of your build these days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info