[2.2] CWDT EXTREME EDITION - AFK KILL MAP BOSSES

"
Are there any map mods that are problematic for this build?

No. But I don't recommend trying -max elemental reflect maps. I've done it once though.

"
Can it do T15 core?

You'd have to donate me one so I can play it. Been mapping through tier 11-12 today without problems.

"
Is it possible to use a witch instead of a scion?

It would be very ineffective and why would you even want to? Scion will get you much more flask charges as well as free leech. You don't need more damage from elementalist if that's what you're going for. I have about 250% increased damage as well a total 365% crit multi, so there's really no need to pick a damage ascendancy.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Apr 3, 2016, 3:43:38 PM
"
0flip wrote:
It would be very ineffective and why would you even want to? Scion will get you much more flask charges as well as free leech. You don't need more damage from elementalist if that's what you're going for. I have about 250% increased damage as well a total 365% crit multi, so there's really no need to pick a damage ascendancy.

I only have a witch and a ranger that are high-leveled (yeah what a noob I am I know) and I'm too lazy to level up, so that's why I'm interested if there's a way to make this build work as a Witch or a Ranger?
Last edited by FnTsTiC on Apr 3, 2016, 4:07:07 PM
"
FnTsTiC wrote:
I only have a witch and a ranger that are high-leveled (yeah what a noob I am I know) and I'm too lazy to level up, so that's why I'm interested if there's a way to make this build work as a Witch or a Ranger?

I don't recommend doing this build as a non-Scion class. You'll miss leech, more damage, more damage taken, and 50% increased flask charges gained. If I was forced to pick Ranger or Witch, I'd go Witch and in the skilltree head via spell damage towards Occultist's Dominion, then take the 2 stat nodes on the left and follow the rest of the skilltree as you would for Scion.

I would for sure not run this build on a Witch if you aren't at least level 80+.

You'll then also have a much harder time and possibly can't run:

- Elemental reflect maps
- -Max resistance maps
- Enfeeble maps
- Curse Immune maps
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Apr 3, 2016, 5:25:28 PM
Is there a specific way I should move about the skill tree? Should I get Vaal Pact around a certain level, Intuitive Leap, etc? Just want to make sure I'm doing the character right when I start it :)
I've never done a build as crazy as this.
I got bored of Poison Spark and Flaskmaster. So i decided to give this build a try since it's the build I"ve never played before

I used around 70 regrets on my lvl90 Scion. These are my current gears:

Spoiler

It's far from perfect since I've just switched to this build a few hours ago :D

My thoughts on this build:
Better than Cyclone-Discharge IF IF IF you never run out of BladeVortex. At 30 Blades, you're like the God of Fireworks, cast Discharge like twice per second :D

The bad side is that if there's no Bladevortex, it's GG already. Btw, this is a fun-to-play build, I think it wont be good to run Lab
"
Kaysick wrote:
Is there a specific way I should move about the skill tree? Should I get Vaal Pact around a certain level, Intuitive Leap, etc? Just want to make sure I'm doing the character right when I start it :)

Yo. Not OP here. But I think you can just grap the inc duration nodes and go all the way to the Templar area, pick up life and inc aoe nodes along the way. And ofcourse use Blade Vortex until switching to the main build :D
I was wondering since, CWDT gem get availible at lvl 38 and The harvest at 37. would this build or the cwdt + blade vortex part of the build be viable at lvl 38? or at what point can I "gear up"?

"
Notably I take:

- Vaal Pact
- Elemental Equilibrium ( Fire and Cold spells to trigger it. )
- +1 Curse
- Increased Duration
- Increased Life recovery from Flasks
- Increased Power and Endurance Charges

and.. is this the order you go in the tree? or can you point out some direction on where to go at what level?

otherwise thanks for what seems like a VERY FUN build :D
Last edited by Ztink on Apr 4, 2016, 6:25:35 AM
"
koros wrote:
"
Kaysick wrote:

Yo. Not OP here. But I think you can just grap the inc duration nodes and go all the way to the Templar area, pick up life and inc aoe nodes along the way. And ofcourse use Blade Vortex until switching to the main build :D

This guy is correct.

I would take Vaal Pact and then the Shadow area last, Vaal Pact will help a lot against reflect and even allow you to run reflect maps.

I've updated the main post.

"
I was wondering since, CWDT gem get availible at lvl 38 and The harvest at 37. would this build or the cwdt + blade vortex part of the build be viable at lvl 38? or at what point can I "gear up"?

As soon as you enter Merciless.

"
My thoughts on this build:
Better than Cyclone-Discharge IF IF IF you never run out of BladeVortex. At 30 Blades, you're like the God of Fireworks, cast Discharge like twice per second :D

The bad side is that if there's no Bladevortex, it's GG already. Btw, this is a fun-to-play build, I think it wont be good to run Lab

That's a pretty good description of the build. For zones with not as much mobs I just remove CWDT from my Blade Vortex link and self-cast some. It's for sure not optimal. I tried having a second harvest with Blade Vortex self cast in it but for some reason when I weapon swap back to my main Discharge Harvest all active Blade Vortex charges can't gain flask charges anymore. Pretty sure this is a bug, but whatever.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Apr 4, 2016, 8:53:07 AM
"
0flip wrote:

That's a pretty good description of the build. For zones with not as much mobs I just remove CWDT from my Blade Vortex link and self-cast some. It's for sure not optimal. I tried having a second harvest with Blade Vortex self cast in it but for some reason when I weapon swap back to my main Discharge Harvest all active Blade Vortex charges can't gain flask charges anymore. Pretty sure this is a bug, but whatever.

Yeah, I switch to self-cast BladeVortex in my 6L (switch CWDT for LL). 50 Blades give infinite Flasks even on single target. It's then depend on how fast you spam 3 pots hehe (Instant Health Pot, Diamond Flask and Doedor's Elixir) :D
Do you think some version on this set up without the discharge, with for example novas, arc or fire storm would deal enough dmg or be more viable for hc play ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info