[2.2] CWDT EXTREME EDITION - AFK KILL MAP BOSSES

IN 2.5 THE HARVEST UNIQUE HAS BEEN NERFED TO ONLY PROVE A FLASK CHARGE EVERY 300 MILLISECONDS, THIS IS TOO LOW FOR THIS BUILD
I haven't tried it, but I am very sure this build will no longer work.

INTRODUCTION

Watch some of these videos:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlBCp3oOeVg [2.2] Quick Zana Gorge run
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpHprFmGc8s [2.2] Jungle Valley boss AFK kill
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtuecb3T7x0 [2.0] Near immortal version, by Yalani
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY3FAwPAeqI [2.0] Build of the week, by Chris Wilson
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT3eypVF2JU [2.0] Original video

Credits to Dimq for the "Cast When Drinking Potion" concept.

DISCLAIMER

I can go AFK in most content and the build will literally kill everything around it. Which is nice for me because my internet connection is garbage. I've played -11% max res 15% elemental reflect maps with this build. With the most basic equipment this build can leech more from a single mob than it takes damage from a mob's hits. I've captured this in the above video where I kill the Jungle valley boss while AFK. I use Discharge to deal damage, which is in a 5-link with increased AoE in it; an effective 4-link in terms of damage and leech. Why don't I use more damage links? Because it might oneshot me on a reflect mob when I accidentally somehow do over 150K damage.

Still, I do not recommend this build for Hardcore players. You for sure won't be welcome in parties and generally the most dangerous thing about the build is that you can't see shit. Even through you can't see shit, doing well over 200K damage per second with 6.1% vaal pact leech, and healing over 5K life per second from potions, it's still dangerous if you're playing half-blind.

REQUIREMENTS

To run this build you will need The Harvest unique axe, a proper PC, and you'll be playing solo for the most part. I've had players try this build and have to quit because their PC could literally not handle it. You are basically casting as much as a full party, or a CoC discharger would.

ASCENDANCY

Ascendancy has made this build is incredible. Scion's Ascendant is the way to go, Berserker grants 1.5% life leech on everything, more damage taken and dealt which is a double buff because we need to damage ourselves. Pathfinder's 50% increased flask charges gained work with the harvest for as far as I've been able to test it.

MECHANICS

The build works by triggering CWDT using Doedre's Elixir, making sure the character has the highest amount of available health and the lowest amount of Chaos resistance for taking maximum damage from the flask. This damage taken is then reflected outwards by many the spells which trigger from taking the damage. The Harvest unique axe refills all flasks a bit, because most of the spells will be critical strikes. Assassin's Mark and Diamond Flask ensure extremely high crit chances without having to sacrifice gear for crit chance. This can be repeated in a loop as long as there are monsters around to hit with critical strikes. Every 2nd Doedre's flask will trigger a discharge that basically clears your screen. With the release of Blade Vortex the build is much easier to run, as each critical hit of blade vortex can count as a critical strike which refills our flasks through The Harvest.

SKILL TREE (6% LEECH VAAL PACT AFK ANY MAP EDITION)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBA-4Esw-rEGIRDxQgFr8Yaho4HNwdvh8YIuIkbySLJpUnLyj6KjgqTS2oLdIy0TOHNZI6WDrhOw08BTwtPydBh0VHRZ1H4krITeNQMFH7U1JVS1XGWAdZbV8_X5hfsGHiZlRuqm87b55wUngNeC95aHtue8N85YKbgseC5IMJg1-DzIPbhFOExYV7hX2J04qvjDaPGo9GkBGQVZchmK2aO5rgm6GbtZ_fogCkOaZXpwipbqyYsZC18rc-t9a4k76AvrzAGsBmwQTBfMM6ykrNFs8y2L3bWdte6-7sOO8O73zv6-_98B_yRffX-ej-Cv6P

Priorities while levelling:
- #1: All life nodes you can take for 1 point
- #2: Increased Duration
- #3: Elemental Equilibrium
- #4: +1 Curse
- #5: +1 Power Charge
- #6: Increased AoE
- #7: 1 and 2-point Jewels

At that point, you should probably be at around level 60, and in Merciless. This is when you can start running around with CWDT. Before you have all this, just run self cast Blade Vortex. It's really important to be in Merciless and to have high life gear before you start using CWDT as your main skill.

Bandits: Oak, Kill, Alira
Jewels: 1x Intuitive Leap, 2x Anatomical Knowledge, 7x Life & Crit Multi rare jewels.

SKILL TREE (REGEN EASY LIFE EDITION)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAMEA-4EswthDF8UIBhWGGoZLho4HKcc3B0UHb4fGCLiJG8nLyj6Kk0zhzWSOtg64TwFPC09_D8nQYdFnUfiSshN41BHUftTUlOlVw1YB1hjWW1fP1-YZlRnm2hlaHRo8m6qbzt2rHgNeC97bnvDfOWCB4KbgseDX4PMhXuKr4zPjmSPGo9GkBGQVZHOlKCWbJchmK2aO5rgm6Gf36IApDmmMqZXpwiocq2Nrj6vbLFbtfK2-rc-uJPAGsBmwXzEWMauzRbPMs9-0iHUj9hN2L3ZYdl82mLkUevu7DjvDu988B_yQfJF85v2SPem-ej-Cv6P

This version you can't go AFK with in a pack of dangerous mobs, and you'll die on the first pack in a reflect map, however:

- Easier crits through picking Assassin over Berserker ( Can't use the Leech effectively )
- Has a bit more life ( I'm at > 8000 ) and life regen ( > 450 )
- More consistent damage through Iron Will over Life Leech and Increased Critical Strikes over Controlled Destruction
- Runs Enfeeble over Warlord's Mark ( Can't use the Leech effectively )

If you are getting to very high levels and want to die less, or have Atziri's Acuity; I'd run this tree. I've done Atziri and levelled to 91 deathless with this.

EQUIPMENT

You only need The Harvest, and high-life equipment. If I want to I can use Facebreakers and Scold's Bridle to grant me about 60% more damage. I choose not to, because sitting at 7K life is safer.

For Auras I use Wrath and Haste, Haste for simply the movement speed, I clear as fast as I'm able to run through a map. Wrath for slightly more damage, but you can pick whatever you want as long as it doesn't interfere with Elemental Equilibrium. So if your resists are not in order, just run some purities.

GEMS

Blade Vortex is used to generate critical strikes to refill our flasks as well as generate Power Charge. It's important to use your 5+link for this. You'll have a much easier time playing with high duration and high crit Blade Vortex.

Discharge can be linked to anything you like, just be careful not to put too many damage supports in it once you reach maps and have good damage equipment, you might oneshot yourself. For example when I use 1 Doedre's im left with 6K HP, even with 79% allres and without Wrath I'm able to oneshot myself if I use a more damage support.

CWDT gem levels are super important, you'll have to do a bit of math everytime you change your equipment and gain more total life.

All other skills are just utility, they're supposed to trigger as often as possible and to crit as much as possible so that The Harvest grants flask charges. They're not there to do damage, just for utility.

CWDT Gem Level
Please note that the gem levels I use are not the ones you need to use. You have different equipment, you have different total life. The more life you have, and the lower your chaos resistance, the more damage a Doedre's Elixir will do. Your gems should be configured as such that the low-level CWDT triggers every time you use 1 Doedre's Elixir. Discharge is in my experience most effective per 2 Doedre's. If you're having issues with oneshot-reflect scale it down to per 1 Doedre or use more defensive equipment.

Example:
Life: 6733
Chaos Resistance: -60%
Berserker Ascendancy: 5% more damage taken
Doedre's Elixir Damage: 10% of Life as Chaos damage
Doedre's Elixir Damage: 6733 * 0.10 * 1.60 * 1.05 = 1131
I can use CWDT gems of up to level 8 ( 1107 damage to trigger ).

I choose to run CWDT gem level 7, so that I can switch to my lower life / higher damage, Facebreaker & Scold's Bridle setup.

IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Jan 28, 2017, 6:34:02 PM
Last bumped on Jan 10, 2017, 8:55:10 AM
Yay! Glad to see you're revived the build. I was closely following the previous thread when I made my own version.

I rolled Templar for the Inquisitor subclass so the triggered spells would ignore elemental resistances. This was a HUGE damage boost, and enabled the build to do higher tier maps. Major downside is that it's not really feasible to use any physical spells... Other than that, I had no problems with leech/damage/whatever.

Unfortunately I had to quit the build because spamming the potion keys rubbed the skin off my finger... And I also had major carpal tunnel. My boyfriend (bless his heart) was kind enough to massage my hands everyday =p

I used to play Osu! (https://youtu.be/NccLt8LP5pU?t=87) and my Mouse hand is still fucked up from it. I think I know what that's like. Used to do these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUyMNyrOHJQ&list=LLZzLHhAR8cebWPMkz13wyDQ&index=27 exercises, they help for sure.

I have to say I'm a lazy player so generally I press all 3 buttons of Doedre's, Life, Diamond flask at once and with the high leech I get to be even lazyer. Anyway; Don't play if you're hurting your hand with it.

For the build, I wouldn't roll Inquisitor, Elemental Equilibrium can be applied to all mobs and you lose out on a potential 3rd or 4th curse, or if you're willing to do it, 6L Lightning Penetration. 1.5% leech and 50% flask charges gained from Ascendant is way easier to play too.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Mar 30, 2016, 3:29:07 PM
Bump for adding map run video.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
So I've been interested in running this build since I saw a video before the "CWDT Extreme Edition" Build of the Week video came out. How would I got about leveling this character until I can actually get into the real CWDT setup?
Is it possible to die with this build?
"
So I've been interested in running this build since I saw a video before the "CWDT Extreme Edition" Build of the Week video came out. How would I got about leveling this character until I can actually get into the real CWDT setup?

Just play something like Blade Vortex or SRS, the increased duration makes it really easy to level with it. So take some minion damage or cast speed and just use your couple respec points when you reach Merciless. A friend of mine had a lot of trouble levelling with it through Cruel. Merciless' -60% Chaos will make Doedre's flasks do much more damage and in turn make you do more damage. Once you're in Merciless you should have a super easy time.

"
Is it possible to die with this build?

Yes.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
"
0flip wrote:

Yes.

How? As far as I understand, whenever you take damage, assuming you don't get one-shotted, you deal damage back to the enemies who dealt damage to you, and you heal for the damage that you deal back to them, so when they hit you they take damage and you heal from it and then they hit you again and so on. What did I miss?
Last edited by FnTsTiC on Apr 3, 2016, 11:10:18 AM
"
FnTsTiC wrote:
How? As far as I understand, whenever you take damage, assuming you don't get one-shotted, you deal damage back to the enemies who dealt damage to you, and you heal for the damage that you deal back to them, so when they hit you they take damage and you heal from it and then they hit you again and so on. What did I miss?

It's mainly oneshot damage, namely:

- Bosses doing things and I can't see shit ( ie Atziri fight )
- Elemental Reflect ( ie I use a potion which removes 16.8% of my life and oneshot myself )
- Volatile Blood ( ie they explode and I use a potion which removes 16.8% of my life )
- Degeneration effects ( ie I run out of life potions and then have to take damage to recharge flasks )

A lot of these can be avoided by doing less damage, not going fast, and getting more life. ( Right now actually, i'm sitting at 7663 life ). But i like to do damage and go fast.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Are there any map mods that are problematic for this build? Can it do T15 core? Is it possible to use a witch instead of a scion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info