[2.2] [Berserker/Deadeye] Life Voltaxic Spark - No Crit - BloodMagic - VaalPact - 80k DPS!

"
snakzz wrote:
I am stuck under 6k HP, wonder what I am wrong? :D

Is it my gear or can anyone make any suggestions? :)

Spoiler

Some life rolls could be higher.

Have you grabbed all the life nodes from the tree already? Also what level are you?

Winds of Change can go up to 60 life. Woe Whorl Ruby Ring's life roll is meh. Keep in mind 10 STR = 5 flat life.

50 life from gear is equal to ~160 actual life. So those little amounts of life you're missing add up.
Last edited by deadlul on Apr 25, 2016, 10:04:09 AM
Thanks for the info on that other build, Castor. I still like yours better but I do like to compare notes on other ones sometimes.

A couple questions: How important is Vaal Spark? I know it's a boss killer but how important is it? I was tempted to drop it and attempt to 5L the armor to get both molten and temp chains linked in it. I was also tempted to add Arctic Armor since spark seems to make you stand still to cast a lot, assuming I removed Vaal Spark since that would free up a skill slot.

Also, is Enduring Cry really enough to sustain Immortal Call? I never ran IC without a better source of charges before so I have zero experience with it like this. It seems like in boss fights you would only ever have 1 charge, or am I wrong?

Just ideas, not sure how useful they would actually be since Arctic does reserve some health.
Last edited by sutasafaia on Apr 25, 2016, 11:20:31 AM

Need Advice! Currently level 86
passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAABeAMEA7gGRAdED7gQHBLMFLQguEGIVIBmOGbQaOBzcHb4fAiLiJNgnLyj6Kk0s6S2DLdIuUzLRM4c1kjbFOlg62DrhPydBh0MxRUdFnUd-R-JKyE3jU1JVxlZIWW1aGlpSX5hlTWZUbqp07XXLeu97bnvDfXWCm4LHg9uEU4VthXuGs4cHjX6PGpBVlyGaO5rgm12hIqIAokCmV6cIqJqv67Xytz64k7vjvTa-p8BmwXzDM8SizZjPMtN-1YHVptgk2L3aweFz6mLr7uw47Tztg-967_3wH_JF8pf0-Paj-ej-Cv6P_ro=?accountName=Mirkocrocop&characterName=MirkoCroCopPerandus

1. I currently follow Ziggy Ds spark build, would you recommend I switch to this build/passive tree?
2. I'm lazy and don't really want to get into using vaal gems if I don't have to.
3. From memory I've got around 5700 health, my biggest issues are getting 1/2 shotted. I already have my CWDT setup. Is it possible to have multiple CWDT setups for survive-ability purposes? Are their other gem setups that help with survive-ability?
4. Would you recommend anything!

Thanks for your help

Edit: I just wanted to make clear this is the most powerful build I've ever had. I tear through things. I RARELY do die but if I had to improve then that's where it would be.

Last edited by Mirkocrocop on Apr 25, 2016, 11:38:51 AM
"
sutasafaia wrote:
Thanks for the info on that other build, Castor. I still like yours better but I do like to compare notes on other ones sometimes.

A couple questions: How important is Vaal Spark? I know it's a boss killer but how important is it? I was tempted to drop it and attempt to 5L the armor to get both molten and temp chains linked in it. I was also tempted to add Arctic Armor since spark seems to make you stand still to cast a lot, assuming I removed Vaal Spark since that would free up a skill slot.

Also, is Enduring Cry really enough to sustain Immortal Call? I never ran IC without a better source of charges before so I have zero experience with it like this. It seems like in boss fights you would only ever have 1 charge, or am I wrong?

Just ideas, not sure how useful they would actually be since Arctic does reserve some health.

No problem.

Vaal Spark is very nice, especially if the boss is in a closed room. Keep in mind Vaal Spark lets you run around cursing/casting extra sparks while the boss is getting poison stacked so it's not only offensive but also kind of defensive.

To run Arctic Armour would you use another Essence Worm, replace Wrath or are you mana based? It might be worth using against some bosses if you're really worried but I wouldn't reserve life in order to use it.

With 3 charges up, 20/20 Increased Duration, and the 90% skill duration from the tree, I think level 9 Immortal Call would last ~2.9 seconds? Unless the boss summons monsters then yeah you'd likely be at 1 endurance charge if you're proccing Immortal Call. With 1 charge, IC would last ~1.55 seconds.

"
Mirkocrocop wrote:

Need Advice! Currently level 86
passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAABeAMEA7gGRAdED7gQHBLMFLQguEGIVIBmOGbQaOBzcHb4fAiLiJNgnLyj6Kk0s6S2DLdIuUzLRM4c1kjbFOlg62DrhPydBh0MxRUdFnUd-R-JKyE3jU1JVxlZIWW1aGlpSX5hlTWZUbqp07XXLeu97bnvDfXWCm4LHg9uEU4VthXuGs4cHjX6PGpBVlyGaO5rgm12hIqIAokCmV6cIqJqv67Xytz64k7vjvTa-p8BmwXzDM8SizZjPMtN-1YHVptgk2L3aweFz6mLr7uw47Tztg-967_3wH_JF8pf0-Paj-ej-Cv6P_ro=?accountName=Mirkocrocop&characterName=MirkoCroCopPerandus

1. I currently follow Ziggy Ds spark build, would you recommend I switch to this build/passive tree?
2. I'm lazy and don't really want to get into using vaal gems if I don't have to.
3. From memory I've got around 5700 health, my biggest issues are getting 1/2 shotted. I already have my CWDT setup. Is it possible to have multiple CWDT setups for survive-ability purposes? Are their other gem setups that help with survive-ability?
4. Would you recommend anything!

Thanks for your help

Edit: I just wanted to make clear this is the most powerful build I've ever had. I tear through things. I RARELY do die but if I had to improve then that's where it would be.

If you don't want to die then yeah I would recommend switching to my tree/build. If you'd like you could also just try using Coil with your tree and see how that works for a level or two.

Unless I'm remembering wrong, my tree also had a bit more damage from cast speed and more life than Ziggy's tree. I'm not sure if he's updated his tree since I last saw it so maybe it's a bit different.

Also if you're not using any Vaal skills then I would personally get rid of the skill duration nodes, sure they help Spark but I feel the points are better off in damage nodes and life nodes.

It IS possible to have multiple CwDT setups. You can use a higher level CwDT and link it to a higher level Immortal Call instead of a lower level link for Immortal Call. You can get creative too if you really want to. Shock Nova + crit strikes + blind/knockback?

Your gear looks fine. Winds of Change could have a higher life roll. Obviously I'd recommend Lightning Coil over your current chest if you switch skill trees.

The crafted "adds x-y lightning damage to attacks" on your Brood Hold Two-Stone Ring doesn't help Spark since Spark is a spell so that could be replaced by something else.
Thanks for the help! I've listed a couple things ...

1. The ring with the crafted mod was like that when I purchased.
2. I'd go to a lighting coil in a second problem is it'd be quite expensive.
3. With your tree it sounds like Arctic Armor would be possible. I haven't tried but the build now I run out of mana from time to time. Leaving with with 1 gear piece with no gems ...
4. Your recommendation of Shock Nova + crit strikes + blind/knockback ... I'm sorry for a stupid question but is that upon me getting hit it'd cast that?

"
Mirkocrocop wrote:
Thanks for the help! I've listed a couple things ...

1. The ring with the crafted mod was like that when I purchased.
2. I'd go to a lighting coil in a second problem is it'd be quite expensive.
3. With your tree it sounds like Arctic Armor would be possible. I haven't tried but the build now I run out of mana from time to time. Leaving with with 1 gear piece with no gems ...
4. Your recommendation of Shock Nova + crit strikes + blind/knockback ... I'm sorry for a stupid question but is that upon me getting hit it'd cast that?

Yeah the Shock Nova would be linked to Cast when Damage Taken for easier crits during boss fights. I'm not even sure how effective blind/knockback would be.

If you can then remove the mod from the ring and add something else; you'd need Elreon level 7 to remove the mod or if you ever catch me online I'll do it for you.

I know Coil is expensive but it is definitely worth it.

Arctic Armor would be possible in an Essence Worm ring or if you're mana based but my tree is Blood Magic. So Essence Worm for sure. You either use 2 Essence Worm rings or give up Wrath. You'll have to see which one you prefer though I'd go with Wrath.

@castor:

first of all thank you for your build guide, i really like it. As some here i started following ziggys build and i am on the verge of switching to yours. Although i am still not convinced if i enjoy more the mana version (with double blasphemy curse seup-temp chains-enfeeble)...but thats another topic.

my rather simple question: wouldnt this build profit from the eldritch knowledge cobald jewel which gives in certain spots up to 30-40 increased chaos damage (which double dips as far as i understood)? thx for your input. :)
"
"
snakzz wrote:

Spoiler

Have you grabbed all the life nodes from the tree already? Also what level are you?

Winds of Change can go up to 60 life. Woe Whorl Ruby Ring's life roll is meh. Keep in mind 10 STR = 5 flat life.

50 life from gear is equal to ~160 actual life. So those little amounts of life you're missing add up.

My char profile is open :)
"
Luzi_ wrote:
@castor:

first of all thank you for your build guide, i really like it. As some here i started following ziggys build and i am on the verge of switching to yours. Although i am still not convinced if i enjoy more the mana version (with double blasphemy curse seup-temp chains-enfeeble)...but thats another topic.

my rather simple question: wouldnt this build profit from the eldritch knowledge cobald jewel which gives in certain spots up to 30-40 increased chaos damage (which double dips as far as i understood)? thx for your input. :)

I thought about that jewel. The only place it would give a decent bonus would be on the jewel socket along the path from Scion to the Elemental Overload node.

In that jewel socket, Eldritch Knowledge would give 20% increased chaos damage, which is easily achievable with a rare jewel that has both projectile damage and chaos damage.

So I guess you can definitely use Eldritch Knowledge if you have it before you have all your damage jewels; it's not a bad jewel just make sure it goes in the right spot.

"
snakzz wrote:
"
"
snakzz wrote:

Spoiler

My char profile is open :)

18% life from your jewels
191% life from your tree

209% life total

so yeah, it's a combination of some missing life nodes and some life rolls on gear could be a bit better. I wouldn't worry about the life rolls on your gear until you finish grabbing all your life nodes.

My tree has 221% life on the tree so you're missing around 12% life, which is around ~200 life.
Hi :)

I'm playing a Champion Voltaxic Spark/Vaal Spark build (the zizaran version), have massiv mana problems and don't know how to change it. The only option i found is with the Warlord's Mark Curse and that isn't a really good solution in groups.

So my question is, can i use your build with a Duelist/Champion-base too? I think the missing life leech from the slayer ascendancy could be a problem :(

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/bumbledore/characters/Five_Fingered_Cruz

thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info