MFin America

Holy hell that's a painfully slow clear.
"
Zamary wrote:
Holy hell that's a painfully slow clear.

Not the point of the build but thanks.
Unique 3D art- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/342452
not seeing this 3rd spot for Shattered chains ^ ^ .... i see the one below Faith and Steel and the one Below Barbarism.... where the third? 50 strenght medium radius... Thanks :D
In my current build I am only using the 2 Shattered Chains jewels, so you found the correct 2 locations. In the OP i said that you could get 2 more if you wanted to modify the skill tree. The 2 I got were very easy and did not require very man extra points to get to, so thats why I only use 2 of the gems.

If you wanted to get more mf with these gems there is one by the Berserking node, which would take 10 points to get, and one by the Dynamo node, which would take 7 points to get. Its worth noting that there are some good crit and accuracy nodes on the way to the Berserking jewel placement that would be worth picking up. I've not tried getting these options since it is a lot of points to give up but if you wanted more mf they are available if you sacrificed some other points.
The theme to end all themes

Well done sir!

Theme

Objective

Create a magic finding melee build that does not sacrifice much damage or survivability, while not relying on summons. The build focuses on crits and freezing enemies leaving nothing but frozen body parts in his path and solutes America while doing so.

What's more American than a hammer shaped like a bald eagle?

2 of em and one whose sockets are of course red white and blue. It's an obvious choice that the build must be centered around dual weilding these guys.

Why the Templar?

Yes, he may not be American himself and he bleeds red just like all of the other exiles but he does look the most like Uncle Sam, so that gives him bonus points.

My friend Uncle Sam likes money and so do I. Thats why we build him with MF gear cus this is MFin America.

Bandits you ask?

Normal- Oak
Cruel- Kraityn
Merciless- Alira

As you can see I could not just pick one bandit as an ally cus here in America we get involved in everybody's business.

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"

I love it!
Hi there!

I just started playing PoE recently and decided your build to take as my "first" one.

First:
I kinda think your'e overkilling on the IIR part - ever thought of trying to implement more IIQ?

Second:
As I am still progressing in Act 3 Merciless and having serious trouble at some stages, any tips what i might be doing wrong/should maybe exchange in EQ? (I am aiming to start farmin Piety as soon as i hit there - but i have the feeling i might not be able to clear it with my lvl 70 which i probably should, right?)

EDIT:
Something i was wondering about.... You're linking Herald of Ice with Ice Bite thus the granted Frenzy stacks come from kills with Herald - so the Supportgem Item Quantity has to be in both the Glacial Hammer AND Herald of Ice to have its full effect (or when MFin you skip herald of ice which really hurts the clear as far as i have noticed)?
Last edited by ThatGuyWasTaken on May 5, 2016, 4:23:25 PM
Hey! Glad to see you are trying this build out and really picking it apart. You bring up some good points about the build.

I guess the IIR is just a personal preference. You could go for IIQ with uniques like goldwyrm boots, ventor's gamble, perandus blazon, greed's embrace, or even all of these and it would not change the build. I chose the uniques that I did because they do not sacrifice so much as these unique items do, to keep a strong dps/survivability while benefiting by a good amount of mf. I would not go as far as to say I have too much IIR because there is always room for more. It is totally up to you to stretch out the mf as far as you would like. This was a comfortable amount for me but I could definitely see it going further.

I cannot see your character's gear or build but you can allow that if you update your privacy settings on your account, so I could look at it more in depth. However I see that you chose to go with the guardian instead of the inquisitor. The inquisitor has more to offer with this build unless you were taking it in a different direction.

That being said farming bosses is not this build's strong suit either especially if you go for the IIQ gems instead of the dps gems. The gloves hinder your ability to bring down bosses. In my video you can see that my ice golem got the killing blow on Oak, so I did not benefit from my mf. I have increased my dps since then and am able to deliver the killing blow more often but if you were trying to farm them you should switch out gloves (could get more mf this way too but you would risk losing the mf given by your mauls and jewels) Ultimately mfing bosses is not a strength to this build unless you have high enough dps to freeze them but you have to sacrifice mf to get that higher dps that's the catch.

Good point about the herald of ice gem. I have thought about this and yes it is unfortunate and my mf really does fluctuate depending on what actually killed the mob. If you were running the IIQ and IIR gem though you could link them with herald of ice as well doing away with Vengeance and Frost Bomb or either or and it would not effect the mana reserved but still get frenzy charges. If you were to go this route I would even recommend changing from the Instruments of Virtue node to the Inevitable Judgement node under the Inquisitor Ascendancy.

Hope this helps! Keep up the great questions.

Edit: You inspired me to add some of this to the OP under "Other Options" as well as create a list of pros and cons.
Last edited by godsmackfan1002 on May 5, 2016, 10:25:58 PM
I guess you're right with the personal preference with the balanc of IIQ and IIR - not going to argue there =D

Okay I updated my privacy settings - Note tho to switch the IIQ gem for Weapon Elemental Damage when im trying to progress in Acts. And sometimes I have to take the Shield (mostly bossfights) which is located in my second Weapon tab. For all my gear I spent like 3ex (2ex alone for the 20/20 IIQ gem lel) which is not a lot. Amulet, saphire ring, belt and all flasks are self found.
A 6L would be sexy tho :P

I picked the guardian before deciding which build i actually would go for (yea kinda dumb as I think of now - but whatever, not like i couldn't level another Templar for the sole purpose of testing it with inquisitor aswell. I love how items are not bound to character once equiped you can always sell them again or switch em to alts!). I couldn't clear the lab on cruel yet, so I only got 2 points allocated yet anyway, but those 2 are pretty beneficial, since a lot of my regen comes from passives and enduring cry + condescrated ground i spam the cry anyway and with no mana cost or animation giving me extra atack speed is NAAAAIZ. (seriously tho, atkspd on this build rulez).
As Inquisitor the only thing which looked really beneficial is the "Instruments of Virtue" which is giving some AtkSpd and a good amount of Attack Damage. Righteous Providence has an unlucky combination - If we got the Critchance when enemies are affected by Elemental Status Ailment it would be GodTier to this build otherwise its just a solid DmgPassive - I guess? I should check out all the ascendancies maybe i can find something interesting.

Also since I was lacking survivability I decided not to go further up to ColdDmg etc. but go for more defensive Passives.

EDIT:
Ah about progress: I could kill Piety (not very fast and not very beautiful) with the shield equipped and now am going to attempt and Dominus after making my next lvl up. Ah his first stage gives all non OP spellblock overkill melee build aids - AM I RITE? :D
Last edited by ThatGuyWasTaken on May 5, 2016, 10:47:11 PM
If you don't feel like rerolling another Templar you can respec ascendancy classes. It costs 5 respec points per a node so 10 regrets in your case. If you have no ascendancy points allocated into your ascendancy class when you touch the altar after defeating the labyrinth you have the choice to change ascendancy classes.

You may want to try increased critical damage instead of increased critical chance if your just running a 4L that usually does more dps as long as you are freezing everything okay. While I was leveling up I had 2 Glacial Hammers. One that was not linked with melee splash for single targets, I did away with it once I got my first 5L, that will help against bosses. Also you have some "elemental damage with weapons" nodes allocated in your passive tree that I did not go for. They may not be bad but you get more dps from the physical damage nodes, which it looks like you could grab the 3 of them in the mace section of the tree, the big one called skull cracking.

Merciless is tough no matter what though and Act 4 will be even tougher. Malachai definitely added to my death count but once you get through all that you will find maps refreshing.

Edit: It looks like you could also use a fortify on your leap slam, which will help a lot with survivability even more than endurance charges will. You have a nice ring that could use a crafted mod, life maybe or any resistance you need? I would pick up Elementalist and drop Catalyst and the surrounding nodes because that would give you 3 more points to spend, which you could use for life or damage elsewhere depending on your needs.

You picked up some life nodes towards the bottom but you can get more life from using those 2 points to get Devotion. I found Unwavering Stance to be very useful towards end game. I was getting stun locked a lot in large groups and you don't have much evasion to lose. I would think that you could do away with at least one life flask to get a granite flask for survivability or a sulfur or diamond flask for damage.

I know it is a lot but those are some suggestions, hopefully you can use some.
Last edited by godsmackfan1002 on May 5, 2016, 11:48:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info