[2.4 VIDEO] #1 Pathfinder PHC - Blade Vortex flask build. Uber atziri video. Easy lvling

So i was doing really well with this build, my previous standard build was a classic ranger,so this build is definitely a new experience and i must say, i enjoy this build a lot.

However i just got to piety in act4 merciless and messed up the kiting and she train wrecked me with over 3500+ damage with that beam attack, that is without using the mind over matter keystone, i did not pick it because i did not think i would need it yet, a fatal mistake on my part, now don't be too hard on me for that, i never actually played act4 until i joined this prophecy league, i just did not think i would be 1 hit koed just like that.

Thing is, i thought that beam was supposed to hit hard because it was chaos damage but apparently it is a phys based attack, most of my gear is evasion based so i don't get much damage reduction there, my question is, do i need to switch gear from evasion towards armour/energy shield for this type of fight?

Guess it is time to pick mind over matter now, i just recently picked up all the gear i would need to make it viable.
Last edited by Arthrima on Jun 11, 2016, 3:20:31 PM
"
Glick wrote:
Decided to reroll as this on PHC, currently 74. Amazing against most things, but some spellcasters tear through me very quickly. Even Thunderskull on a T2 Cemetary is extremely dangerous. Phys mobs do absolutely nothing to me, though!

Any idea on how to fix the magic damage issue, aside from the 3 expensive unique flasks? (Going to ditch the Titicus' Span shortly)

My gear:

Spoiler

You'll want to get a better helm asap to go with the shield, it's essentially just resists at this point, upgrades should be cheap. Health on belt is really low too, should be an easy upgrade there too.
Gear overall looks fine though, I feel like your issue with survivability is mostly due to a low health pool so that should be fixed with a couple of upgrades. I'm assuming you're already using MoM and have picked up the majority of the health nodes?

"
Arthrima wrote:
So i was doing really well with this build, my previous standard build was a classic ranger,so this build is definitely a new experience and i must say, i enjoy this build a lot.

However i just got to piety in act4 merciless and messed up the kiting and she train wrecked me with over 3500+ damage with that beam attack, that is without using the mind over matter keystone, i did not pick it because i did not think i would need it yet, a fatal mistake on my part, now don't be too hard on me for that, i never actually played act4 until i joined this prophecy league, i just did not think i would be 1 hit koed just like that.

Thing is, i thought that beam was supposed to hit hard because it was chaos damage but apparently it is a phys based attack, most of my gear is evasion based so i don't get much damage reduction there, my question is, do i need to switch gear from evasion towards armour/energy shield for this type of fight?

Guess it is time to pick mind over matter now, i just recently picked up all the gear i would need to make it viable.

I'd play around with MoM at around that point and seeing how it feels, it could be really dangerous if you don't have a large enough mana pool to play with. As for washing machine Piety, evasion should be fine, just stay really close to her for the whole fight, she'll telegraph the beam by charging it while facing the direction she'll start in. It'll always move clockwise, being in melee will reduce the distance you need to travel in order to outrun, plus since we're using Blade Vortex, we'll keep damaging her!
The beam will do ridiculous damage with any kind of gear, the best way to deal with it is to avoid the hit itself, don't count on being able to soak it :)

Overall I'd stay away from act 4 past the skillpoint, it gets much harder than the vast majority of low tier maps with no real reward to it. I'd recommend starting maps and only coming back much later, when you feel ready for it!
Last edited by Noitee on Jun 11, 2016, 3:37:28 PM
@Noitee i got close to 1k mana currently, think i am ready for it.

I was not able to complete piety that run because when i died and rejoined, she was at the upper edges of the map and she was apparently too busy spamming that move to come out so kiting was not really an option.

I probably underestimated that fight because everything went so smooth up to this point, i don't imagine this to be a foe i cannot beat, just have to be more careful next attempt.

I'll take that advice to heart, thanks! :)
geared toon for this, didnt find toh in stash though, sigh.
this build is so hard to play at full potential, i always forget to press something :D

any gear suggestions?
Spoiler
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Jun 11, 2016, 6:22:18 PM
"
mezmery wrote:
geared toon for this, didnt find toh is stash though, sigh.
this build is so hard to play at full potential, i always forget to press something :D

any gear suggestions?
Spoiler

I'd quality up your gear. at least the carcass
IGN: EchelonTL, neophyte
Guild: Team Liquid
Do you only use Vessel of Vinktar as source for leech and is that enough? Cause I don't see anything else on your gear or your tree.
"
D4vEG wrote:
Do you only use Vessel of Vinktar as source for leech and is that enough? Cause I don't see anything else on your gear or your tree.

warlords mark
No rest for the wicked
The cost to get this build going for end tier shit is absolutely ridiculous atm.
Last edited by dupie on Jun 11, 2016, 10:46:15 PM
"
dupie wrote:
The cost to get this build going for end tier shit is absolutely ridiculous atm.

For Red Maps it's only around 3-4ex total on PHC. For Uber Atziri/Core you'll need Taste + Vinktar though, which is another 8ex.

Regardless, I don't think that's a ton for that level of content. Seems relatively par for the course.
Yeah, the price of the three flasks is bonkers. It's going to be a long bit of chaos recipe grinding until I can afford a Divinarius, let alone any of those 4ex flasks, egad.

The build is powerful enough without them, seems like, even though I've not geared for maps really yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info