2.2 Elementalist Ice nova. Insane clear speed, AoE, and damage. Super cheap

"
Cewwoo wrote:
Between the vaal vertex mask thingy and a ~DECENT BUDGET~ helm, which one would you go with? I just started the game again so I have like, zero currency and the vaal mask seems like the best option...

Honestly I'd probably prefer a rare helm. The vertex doesn't have any more ES on it than you could get on an ES helm, and the Eva isn't that great IMO. The mana cost and gem level is pretty pointless, and although they chaos res is always good, you lose out on any ele res on a helm. I prefer a rare just for the flexibility of getting the mods you want.

And if the ~ 15c that The Vertex costs in Perandus is anything expensive for you, then definitely go for a cheaper rare helm.
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
hi nice work with this guide,

love to play with ice nova but i have a problem: my dmg isnt nearly to your 29k.

when im buffed (with my own) im about 20k :/ (with bitterdream)

what i doing wrong ? i prefer a shield but thats not the problem.

mybe the lv of my gems are to low ? ( the important gems are all 20% quality)

i rly dont know where are the problems.

sry for my bad english :)

edit: at moment i play with a wand + 5L instead bitterdream (dont like the low lv support gems on it, with a 6L its for sure better)
Last edited by Faktt on Apr 16, 2016, 8:14:37 PM
This build really does have crazy clear speed. Really like the setup. Here is some
of my progress.

1. Still playing life until I finish merc lab. Not sure what I'm going to do about the whole Es/hybrid/CI/just playing life
2. Running a carcass jack instead of inc aoe gem so more room for controlled destruction
3. I've just went with a full 2nd Bitterdream on weapon swap with glacial cascade, echo, and conc effect for bosses.
"
jugglereli wrote:
Honestly I'd probably prefer a rare helm. The vertex doesn't have any more ES on it than you could get on an ES helm, and the Eva isn't that great IMO. The mana cost and gem level is pretty pointless, and although they chaos res is always good, you lose out on any ele res on a helm. I prefer a rare just for the flexibility of getting the mods you want.

100% agree that finding the right enchant is easier on a rare, but until you get to really great gear hybrid defense seems better than pure ES.

Personally for low-mid grade gear I prefer to look for hybrid defense rolls. Often times you can get just as high ES along with a couple thousand armor and evasion so you end up with 15-25% phys/eva pre-flasks and 5% with flasks (basically more ES vs. physical).

Vertex's main benefit is that it has just as much ES than you would get on a hat under an exalt. In a rare heavy build resists are common so if you're already capped having 10% evasion is nice.

The build has tons of durability for mapping since most things are frozen, but I've been experimenting in what to do for labyrinth runs where the ES/AR has helped.
I would like to add some input. I have found heartbreaker royal skean to be a very handy offhand. You can use whirling blades that way and it has good stats. It's also quite cheap.
I would also like to edit that lightning orb is the best way to proc elemental overload. It's instant, and I have noticed that the frost spear often doesn't proc EO.

I do think that the build lacks in defenses. I'm currently level 66 and I notice that I really need to invest more into ES. I'm also thinking about and immortal call setup. You never know what's it's good for.
Last edited by lpcinder on Apr 18, 2016, 4:20:35 AM
"
Faktt wrote:
love to play with ice nova but i have a problem: my dmg isnt nearly to your 29k.

when im buffed (with my own) im about 20k :/ (with bitterdream)

Well what level are you at? And what level ice nova? I can imagine that at level 70 or so, you would have dps at about that. But I can also image that that's enough damage to clear fairly good leveled maps pretty fast. Also I prefer using Bitterdream to a 5L quite a bit because I can get a good chest with lots of ES unlinked for pretty cheap, and Bitterdream doesn't hinder my much, and gives me nice buffs like ele pen and frenzy charges.
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.

im lv 84 at moment, my ice nova is lv 18.

the reason why i play with a wand + 5L is: my wand has 112%spell dmg and 15% cold dmg, the gems in my chest are: ice nova, spell echo, controlled destruction, cold pen and ice bite. i dont need the mana gems of bitterdream and the added cold dmg and hypotermia are going beaten by the dmg of my wand + 20% quality higher lv gems. with bitterdrem im about 20k dps with my wand im on 22k and with 6L added cold dmg im on 25k.

Last edited by Faktt on Apr 19, 2016, 10:19:32 AM
Hi there. Like the guide. I would like a more information on all the gems you are using and where you equip them.
I am level 53 atm, whenever I am killing a boss or 1vs1 a rare/unique monster. I always have mana problem. does this happen to you? how do I solve this mana problem?

please let me know, thank you in advance.
"
I am level 53 atm, whenever I am killing a boss or 1vs1 a rare/unique monster. I always have mana problem. does this happen to you? how do I solve this mana problem?

Leveling up I ran Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder and Clarity. A mana potion or two can help if really needed against bosses, but Clarity is often enough.

Righteous Decree helps a lot with this when you get 27% increased mana and 9% reduced mana cost of skills for the two nodes. Since you only get up to 65% mana regen from tree, having it on any of your gear or a Paua amulet can help a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info