2.2 Elementalist Ice nova. Insane clear speed, AoE, and damage. Super cheap

"
jugglereli wrote:
"
Freegells wrote:
I don't know what is happening right now. Just a few days before I had an amazing DPS with exactly the same gearing I'm using now and at this moment (only with HoT and HoI) I have 8.3k DPS. I'm using Ice Nova with Spell Echo and Increased AoE in the Bitterdream, the curses and auras are alright too and my offhand have like 66% spell damage plus the 20% elemental damage.

What am I doing wrong? The resistances are fine too (all them 73-75% and chaos 62%) and the ES/Life is kinda low but is what fits in my budget atm (1,6k life and 4k ES with discipline). The problem is I can't do maps or party leveling because I just don't do any damage at all.

Hm! That sounds odd! Do you have most of the damage passives I have plus some flat spell damage/cast speed/extra spell damage on jewelry, etc. I assume you mean that as you were leveling up it got less powerful. If you just randomly logged in and you did a lot less damage then that sounds like a technical problem. If you haven't gotten new gear in a long time, I suggest getting yourself at least new jewelry. You can often get some good pieces for 1-5 chaos that can go a long way even increasing damage. Other than that make sure you have the damage passives I have, It's advisable to get the damage passives before the ES + survivability passives. I hope this helps a little. If you would like to talk to me more personaly, friend me as Isviniq and message me when I'm online :D

I did have re-geared when got level 70 (I'm 81 atm). And yeah got all the damage nodes like the passive tree in the guide, I'm heading to those middle-lower ES ones now. I'm pretty sure I remember had almost 23k all buffed and now I don't got even 15k full buffed (with exactly the same gear, in the same Merci Dried Lake solo). I spent almost all day thinking about this... Then went maps with a friend and realized Glacial Cascade > Ice Nova (even with less dps in the tooltip). Right now until I solve this is a build only to farm like currency and chaos recipe at Dried Lake :'(
"
Freegells wrote:
I did have re-geared when got level 70 (I'm 81 atm). And yeah got all the damage nodes like the passive tree in the guide, I'm heading to those middle-lower ES ones now. I'm pretty sure I remember had almost 23k all buffed and now I don't got even 15k full buffed (with exactly the same gear, in the same Merci Dried Lake solo). I spent almost all day thinking about this... Then went maps with a friend and realized Glacial Cascade > Ice Nova (even with less dps in the tooltip). Right now until I solve this is a build only to farm like currency and chaos recipe at Dried Lake :'(

Hm yeah so that doesn't seem like something you did wrong with the build per say, but some sort of a glitch, or mistake somewhere. Did you check to make sure ice nova is in the Bitterdream and linked with the correct spell gems... and all your other gear is right and all is in order? I honestly can't think as to what could be the problem... but I'm sorry you're having trouble.

Spoiler
Also I prefer ice nova, for the Aoe, shape, versatility, etc.
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
Hey man, i'm interested in your build and i definitely gonna try but i have a question.

I'm kind new on the game but, in the gear section you reccomend all ES gear, no hybrid with life.

This is the best option? In your videos i see that you have some life, i dont know how much.

ES gear is best in slot ou hybrid is better?

Ty man!
"
LeoFantucci wrote:
Hey man, i'm interested in your build and i definitely gonna try but i have a question.

I'm kind new on the game but, in the gear section you reccomend all ES gear, no hybrid with life.

This is the best option? In your videos i see that you have some life, i dont know how much.

ES gear is best in slot ou hybrid is better?

Ty man!

By hybrid I assume you mean having either Armour/ES or Evasion/ES. In which case I think that pure ES is probably better. Unless you can plop some Ar/Eva onto the gear w/out sacrificing much ES. And as for getting more life on gear/skill tree and maybe investing less in Chaos res, I can imagine that working just as well as what I did. If you think it would be better or you would prefer it, go ahead and build it that way! And in that case, if you're more of an ES/life hybrid instead of mostly ES, then maybe getting some armour on gear could be better than pure ES. Hope that helps you out.
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
By hybrid i'm saying Es gear with life on them.

In gear recommendation you show all ES gear with resists but no life as a preffix.

My doubt is, that is the ideal cenario or its a option for a budget build?

if i have currency, hybrid ES/LIFE its better or worse than pure ES?

Ty again^^

"
LeoFantucci wrote:
By hybrid i'm saying Es gear with life on them.

In gear recommendation you show all ES gear with resists but no life as a preffix.

My doubt is, that is the ideal cenario or its a option for a budget build?

if i have currency, hybrid ES/LIFE its better or worse than pure ES?

Ty again^^

Since you'll have like 60% chaos resistance, I don't see seeking for life in gear as a good option. Just get the highest amount of energy shield as you can and you'll be able to handle like 1,5k-2k life (with 60% chaos resist is pretty doable with 1-3 life flasks).
Update! I added a new gameplay video at level 91, and using whirling blades and other things you guys suggested. Thanks, I hope you enjoy it!

ES vs. ES/life
I'd say I agree with Freegells here. Although ofcourse life does't hurt, you might have noticed that I even crafted some on gear when there wasn't anything better to craft, But I'd stick with ES mostly.
Hi, as a long term player, I wish to congretulate you on your build. I'm playing it as we speak with a friend who plays stormcall. It's tons of fun and very strong.

I have some questions though:

To proc elemental overload, maybe lightning orb would be a good idea as well.

In your build you went for some lightning dmg nodes. Is that really useful or in other words, does it make a difference?

I've vaaled 13 sceptres so far, but no luck yet on the corruption roll. :D
"
lpcinder wrote:
Hi, as a long term player, I wish to congretulate you on your build. I'm playing it as we speak with a friend who plays stormcall. It's tons of fun and very strong.

I have some questions though:

To proc elemental overload, maybe lightning orb would be a good idea as well.

In your build you went for some lightning dmg nodes. Is that really useful or in other words, does it make a difference?

I've vaaled 13 sceptres so far, but no luck yet on the corruption roll. :D

I'm glad your enjoying it. And yeah sure lightning orb would be good. As would frost bomb. I actually meant to put frost bomb-CwDT in the remaining two sockets I have before I filmed the newest video but forgot.

I think I only got 1 node that is lightning damage, lightning walker. I got it early on because it was only 1 point away, I was using HoT, and I could always use the lightning res. Now that I don't use HoT It's probably not that useful, however it would make my lightning res not very overcapped. But feel free to not take it, probably better to spend it on an extra ES node.
Between the vaal vertex mask thingy and a ~DECENT BUDGET~ helm, which one would you go with? I just started the game again so I have like, zero currency and the vaal mask seems like the best option...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info